This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

East coast earthquake?

13»

Comments

• About 5 mins before it happened my dog started barking and whimpering. He then bolted from the other room he was in and glued himself to my leg. He was bawling his eyes out at this point. I was all like, "Awww puppy, don't be sad! I love you!" A few mins latter my computer desk shook and slammed against the wall. Now the wall my computer is against shares a wall with my garage. I thought someone had broken into my garage and was fuckin shit up. I ran outside to find all of my neighbors standing around asking, "What the fuck was that?" At that point my phone started going crazy with FB and Twitter updates. I then went to work and found out that right before it happened two people from work had fainted right before the quake happened. I have heard that animals and some people are sensitive to the high frequency waves or whatever that are emitted right before a quake happens. I guess this is some kind of proof? IDK. All in all it was an interesting day.
  • When the Earthquake happened, I think I was too exhausted to notice or more likely, too distracted by how I was in one of the worst bathrooms I've ever been in. It was a supermarket bathroom, but I've been in good supermarket bathrooms before.

-It was relatively dirty, still smelly
    -The sink looked as if it was about to break off the wall
    -The toilet, as I sat on it, WOULD TILT if I moved around.
    -And the door to the stall, was broken and bent, so I had to give it a hard shove or pull to keep it in place, and it was especially annoying because it had one of those specific bar locks. The door had to be aligned for a good minute before I could actually get it locked
    -Also, a man was talking in a cell phone while using the urinal.

I check my phone 10 minutes later...waves of concerned twitter/facebook people.
  • NPR reported this morning that several National monuments sustained cracks and that the Washington Monument is closed indefinitely.
  • NPR reported this morning that several National monuments sustained cracks and that the Washington Monument is closed indefinitely.
    If that's true, then a stronger earthquake would probably have brought them down. Washington would have at least been circumcised in a 7+.
  • Sooo, how long until we have nutcases blaming the earthquake on Obama, or declare the Earthquake being an expression of God's anger with the people in Washington about taxes/gays/abortion/you name it?
  • Sooo, how long until we have nutcases blaming the earthquake on Obama, or declare the Earthquake being an expression of God's anger with the people in Washington about taxes/gays/abortion/you name it?
    It already happened a whole bunch.
  • It already happened a whole bunch.
    Well damn, god's a pussy.
  • If you meet a crazy/stupid person who makes that argument, then say this:

"Looks to me like god likes Obama a lot more then GWB. Obama just got a tiny earthquake and god helped him catch Bin Laden. Meanwhile GWB got 9/11 and Hurrican Katrina."

Then laugh as they get even more crazy.
  • If that's true, then a stronger earthquake would probably have brought them down. Washington would have at least been circumcised in a 7+.
    Yes, this is why we made a big deal about this. Our shit is not built for quakes.
  • If that's true, then a stronger earthquake would probably have brought them down. Washington would have at least been circumcised in a 7+.
    Yes, this is why we made a big deal about this. Our shit is not built for quakes.
    Make a big deal when it actually happens. Don't panic like a T5 hurricane is coming when it's only a T1. Don't panic like a 7+ when it's not even a 6.
  • Make a big deal when it actually happens. Don't panic like a T5 hurricane is coming when it's only a T1. Don't panic like a 7+ when it's not even a 6.
    Dude, this is DC, we panic about everything. This was about the same level of panic as a rain storm. You should see us when it snows! :P
  • Make a big deal when it actually happens. Don't panic like a T5 hurricane is coming when it's only a T1. Don't panic like a 7+ when it's not even a 6.
    Dude, this is DC, we panic about everything. This was about the same level of panic as a rain storm. You should see us when it snows! :P
    Snow!? *hides like a proper Washingtonian does*
    No no, it's ok. It's still August.
  • I thought we had the earthquake because womens were dressing indecently...
  • I thought we had the earthquake because womens were dressing indecently...
    Boobquake! I thought I was the only one who remembered that!
    No no, it's ok. It's still August.
  • HOLY SHIT!!! WINTER IS COMING!!! *hides*
    Winter is Coming this April!
    Winter is Coming this April!
    Da fuck?
  • Episode #1: “Winter Is Coming”
    Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 17 (9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)