This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Current Events

Comments

• Quick, someone write a Bush Sr./Bill Clinton fanfic
    "Oh Bill, I can see why Ms. Lewenski wanted this."
    "Shh now Georgey..."
  • DAMMIT JASON. I just got the M*A*S*H theme out of my head.
  • So... Obama can't get any international support for attacking Syria... When does he just stop this foolishness?
  • So... Obama can't get any international support for attacking Syria... When does he just stop this foolishness?
    Once he loses both votes and can blame republicans?

Once hope is dead.

Maybe that was his plan all along. Crush the unrealistic dreamer side of liberal-leaning voters so that they'll focus on a practical platform.
  • There are unsubstantiated reports of a gas attack in Damascus in the last hour or so.
  • Isn't the UN report due out in a few weeks? Why the apparent rush?
  • Well if you know anything about news cycles, people will have forgotten why we want to attack Syria in about a week...
  • It's because we want their oil, right?
  • Obama's birth certificate is hidden there.
  • There are unsubstantiated reports of a gas attack in Damascus in the last hour or so.
    How will they prove who was responsible for the gas attack?

"He who smelt it dealt it . . . "

• How will they prove who was responsible for the gas attack?

There is a growing body of evidence to show that the munitions that are linked to the attacks are not within the capabilities of the rebels to launch. Furthermore, the weapons may utilize Iranian launch vehicles.
    How will they prove who was responsible for the gas attack?

I shouldn't have laughed, but I laughed.
  • I know our government has lied before to get into wars, but I have to laugh at everyone using Russian media as their source that Syria's chemical weapon issue is caused by the rebels....
  • I am quite dubious of this article. Mostly because it gives credence to the "Saudis gave rebels chemical weapons that they mishandled and blew up" story.
  • That site is shit.
  • The war on terror has been going on for half of my life. I'm tired of war, and most of my generation is also. Isn't that a good enough reason anymore or have we forgotten Vietnam so easily?
  • Why do you hate America, you fucking pinko YOU WANT US TO LOSE AND THE MUSLIMS TO TAKE OVER.
  • edited September 2013
    You know, whenever people ask me what my political affiliation is, I always answer "fairly liberal" with a smirk. To be totally honest, my economic/political leanings are pretty much 100% in line with the Culture, so I guess I'm technically an anarcho-communist? (A post-scarcity anarcho-communist, mind you). I prefer the term technoprogressive (or techno-utopianist), but those portmanteaus don't really exist as well-known political stances.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Why do you hate America, you fucking pinko YOU WANT US TO LOSE AND THE MUSLIMS TO TAKE OVER.
    Haha you're too late there are muslims already taking over the US.

You guys need to pay less attention to the white anarchists trying to blow shit up and concentrate on the muslims to make sure America stays Christian.
  • Indeed. Our holy bastion of Detroit is being overtaken by the heretic.
  • edited September 2013
    The war on terror has been going on for half of my life. I'm tired of war, and most of my generation is also. Isn't that a good enough reason anymore or have we forgotten Vietnam so easily?
    Are you expressing displeasure with the "US mission"*?

*this is an actual question used in the gov't related to whether or not we think someone is a security risk if they have access to classified information. I'm still not entirely sure what the "US Mission" is.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • RymRym
    edited September 2013
    There was a time when our "war on" included a war on poverty.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited September 2013
    No wonder so many people live in poverty now. Everyone knows America is inept at wars on broad, sweeping categories.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • No wonder so many people live in poverty now. Everyone knows America is inept at wars on broad, sweeping categories.
    +1 would read again.

• There was a time when our "war on" included a war on poverty.
    Clearly the poor are losing this war.

• The war on terror has been going on for half of my life. I'm tired of war, and most of my generation is also. Isn't that a good enough reason anymore or have we forgotten Vietnam so easily?
    Are you expressing displeasure with the "US mission"*?

*this is an actual question used in the gov't related to whether or not we think someone is a security risk if they have access to classified information. I'm still not entirely sure what the "US Mission" is.
    I am expressing displeasure at the continuation of the "US Mission." We've had Iraqi Freedom ongoing from 2003 to 2011, and haven't moved on to a more militarily important target, like Iran, since, and now we're discussing military action against a podunk little regime in a podunk little nation just because they used chemical weapons against rebels backed by the terrorist cell that enacted the 9/11 attack. And we cannot seem to get any support for the operation except from France and the aforementioned terrorists.

Please feel free to correct me if any of that is wrong, but from my perspective it seems like we're jumping into a Vietnam situation right after having gotten OUT of a Vietnam situation.

• I am expressing displeasure at the continuation of the "US Mission." We've had Iraqi Freedom ongoing from 2003 to 2011, and haven't moved on to a more militarily important target, like Iran, since, and now we're discussing military action against a podunk little regime in a podunk little nation just because they used chemical weapons against rebels backed by the terrorist cell that enacted the 9/11 attack. And we cannot seem to get any support for the operation except from France and the aforementioned terrorists.
    These actions brought to you by podunk planning from multiple podunk American leaders, in a podunk democracy with podunk decision making.