This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, who here wears the kilt?

edited September 2011 in Everything Else
Just watched Master Keaton when he travels to Scotland, and it got me thinking about kilts. I'm planning on buying one soon. So, who here wears the kilt, and why?What do you guys think about the Freedom :) and remember, the babes think they're hot!
Kilt-lover's forum
www.xmarksthescot.com

Comments

• I wear the Utilikilt, and own two.

I'm planning on getting a handful of other maker's kilts, but I'm not sure which ones I like just yet.
  • I own a Utilikilt. This is the time of year I wear it the most.
  • edited September 2011
    I want a Utilikilt, so badly.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I own a traditional kilt, but it doesn't fit me any more. I should get a new one, and I've been planning on buying a utilikilt or three.
  • Utilikilts are not the best quality but there not bad.
  • I want to wear a kilt now.
  • Utilikilts are not the best quality but there not bad.
    The "Survivalist" one is waaaay better than the standard one. It's all cotton, instead of a synthetic blend, and it's much sturdier.
  • As I said to my dad when he tried to get me to wear one "I do not care if it is tradition, nor do I care that it was worn into battle by our forefathers. It is tits cold and we look rather silly".
  • If you want to wear a skirt, then that's find, just don't go hiding it under the guise of a "kilt." Men who wear kilts are men who want to dress like women, but don't want to come out as a queen.
  • If you want to wear a skirt, then that's find, just don't go hiding it under the guise of a "kilt." Men who wear kilts are men who want to dress like women, but don't want to come out as a queen.
    You say that like I try to hide the fact I wear skirts from time to time.
    There's a lot wrong with what you just said, and I don't really know where to start, so I'll just say, "No," and leave it at that.
  • Who says "skirts" are for women in the first place?
  • I'm a fan of the sarong, myself.
    This coming from a guy who has Rarity as his forum avatar.

Seriously? Really?
  • This coming from a guy who has Rarity as his forum avatar.
    ... I just had to do a double take. Whenever I saw that, I thought it was Mewtwo.
  • edited September 2011
    Who says "skirts" are for women in the first place?
    Exactly! It's just cloth to cover your bits you'd rather have covered.
    I'm a fan of the sarong, myself.
    Hell yeah, shirt, Sarong, bare feet and a glass of rum, I'm good to go. One of the advantages to being so close to south-east asia, it's reasonably acceptable here. Apart for the rum, open container laws and all, but I just pretend to be foreign, it usually works.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I like real kilts on men. Utilikilts look dirty and frumpy, IMO.
  • I like a nice breeze round my privates. And skirts make pooping easier.
  • Don't disrespect the kilt. Men have few enough fashion choices (do I wear the two button or three button jacket?) Don't take the kilt away!

I wear the real thing. It also makes a great bed spread.
  • I like real kilts on men. Utilikilts look dirty and frumpy, IMO.
    Oh, I don't know. I think the black ones with metal look kinda punk, with the right boots.
    This coming from a guy who has Rarity as his forum avatar.

Seriously? Really?
    And talked about hypothetical boyfriends. I make no attempt to hide anything about my gender identification. Kilt-wearers live in the closet, creating new fashion to try to hide their queer tendencies.
  • Tell that to the United Federation of Planets.

• I find it amusing you just respond to me and not any of the actual valid reasons coming from males who do or would want to wear kilts.

Your assumption is closed minded.

With your statement I could say that if you want to dress up as a mushroom, then that's fine. Just don't go hiding under the guise of "cosplay". People who wear mushroom costumes are people who want to fuck fungi.
  • people who want to fuck fungi.
    Is... is that not valid?

I've said too much.
  • All this talk about skirts reminds me I have to buy my wicked witch of the west costume for Halloween, seems I also may have to get some hunk for arm candy because I'm then supposed to be gay or at least bi?

It's just freaking cloth, get over yourselves.
  • Omar, I want to see pics. Seriously. I'll give you 5 bananas.
  • He HAS bananas, Ro. He needs, like, string and beads and stuff.
  • Ok, ok. I was low-balling him. I'll send Omar shiny tin foil and fire whiskey.
  • Ok, ok. I was low-balling him. I'll send Omar shiny tin foil and fire whiskey.
    Pft, you can't compete with Omar's Banana whiskey.
  • Omar's Banana whiskey.
    I would drink this.