This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kickstarter

Comments

• I might get it.
  • Fast != Battletech :-p
  • Fast != Battletech :-p
    Fast != any war game.
  • I might get it.
    Yeah, you'll play it right after you play Risk: Legacy.
  • I love the idea of OGRE, and kind of enjoy wargames but I doubt I'd have anyone to play it with. If I did, I'd get it soon.
  • I might get it.
    It's two player. I think it would get played.
  • I might get it.
    All you, Mr. $100 for a game that is too big for the table.
  • yea, I'm thinking about getting it because I'll have a home that could actually fit that table :-p
  • I might get it.
    Seriously, if you guys want to start a Risk: Legacy board, I've got one that nobody will touch b/c everyone in my group is afraid of the commitment. Pansies.

If you think you can get 1 or 2 other people roped in and you want to get it started, just say the word. Even if it could lead to shit-talk and us not going the full 15 rounds, my copy of Risk: Legacy is collecting major dust, so it's worth the... risk. (oh god).

• I might get it.
    Seriously, if you guys want to start a Risk: Legacy board, I've got one that nobody will touch b/c everyone in my group is afraid of the commitment. Pansies.

If you think you can get 1 or 2 other people roped in and you want to get it started, just say the word. Even if it could lead to shit-talk and us not going the full 15 rounds, my copy of Risk: Legacy is collecting major dust, so it's worth the... risk. (oh god).

Rym has an untouched copy of the game. We just need people who are committed, will actually show up, will play every session even if the game sucks, etc.
  • edited April 2012
    Eh, consider kicking it anyway, if only at the $15 mark or something. It's cool that a game company like SJG can set out with the goal of maybe a run of 3000 games and see their intended production run triple out of Kickstarter interest. I hope their success will encourage other big name companies to do similar things.
    I might get it.
    All you, Mr. $100 for a game that is too big for the table.
    It's only too big if you choose to use every map at once.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The PowerPot is an awesome thing that I simply don't have the monies to kick.
  • Every now and then, I like to send emails to my boss at MTV that I know will get laughed at. Today, I suggested the company buy in to Ogre at the $3k level and get a sponsored counter sheet. I call dibs on the copy of the game.
  • Yeah, except you can't get Eclipse for less than $100. Unless you're in goddamn Finland.
    I don't know if this site is legit, but you can preorder for $65.
  • Cool Stuff Inc is legit
  • edited April 2012
    I don't know how legit they really are when my shopping cart session was either hijacked or I hijacked someone elses in the course of browsing around. It also looks like it's using one of those ten year old php carts that was terribly implemented.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Yeah, except you can't get Eclipse for less than $100. Unless you're in goddamn Finland.
    Remember how you could preorder Duke Nukem: Forever like 10 years ago?

Yeah.

Though FunAgain.com lists the expected availability as June 2012. Might go with them, as they do free shipping on anything over $75.
    Remember how you could preorder Duke Nukem: Forever like 10 years ago?

Yeah.

Though FunAgain.com lists the expected availability as June 2012. Might go with them, as they do free shipping on anything over $75.
    Everyone I've seen lists a June 2012 reprint of eclipse, and Matt gives Cool Stuff, Inc. the thumbs up. I'll grab it there.
  • Yeah, June is the realistic date right now. Was supposed to be April/May but it's been hit with a delay.
  • Hey, check out this cool project!!

...okay, it's mine and lots of you probably don't care about fiber, but you can get ART instead! If you want. If not, that's totally cool too. :)
  • edited April 2012
    MY MONIES!

Already backed.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I like how the top thing was bought out already.
    Because it's the best one. I really hope it's successful.
    Because it's the best one. I really hope it's successful.
    I see what you did thar.
  • Hey, check out this cool project!!

...okay, it's mine and lots of you probably don't care about fiber, but you can get ART instead! If you want. If not, that's totally cool too. :)
    Ah! If I had money to spend I'd totally back this and gift the yarn to someone. But, I'll forward it to my mom. She's the knitter in the family, anyway.

• Board gamers: Check out legendsofadventuregame.com by our friend Zak Oberrath.
  • Board gamers: Check out legendsofadventuregame.com by our friend Zak Oberrath.
    Legends of Adventure

Linked it for you. I haven't watched the video yet. I saw Jeremy watching it, but even though the video isn't the highest of quality it looked interesting. Jeremy is backing it. I like the artwork and got a basic gist of what the game is about. I think it looks interesting.
  • Holy fuck. Ogre added international shipping options yesterday and gained $20k within 24 hours.
  • It's taking some effort not to buy Ogre since I feel like I will never actually play it....
  • It's taking some effort not to buy Ogre since I feel like I will never actually play it....
    Same for me, but I also have nowhere to put it. Between Eclipse and Risk Legacy and everything else, I'm set. Heck, I can even play Battletech.