This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things that you used to hate but now love

edited October 2011 in Everything Else
I'll start:

Broccoli. NPR. Work. Getting up early.

Comments

• Broccoli, mushrooms and spinach. How I lived my life with them!? *nom nom*
  • Me.

Coffee.

Beer.
  • Me.

Coffee.

Beer.
    I somehow get the feeling those are all related.
  • Going to sleep early.
    Nintendo (was a Genesis fan boy back in my youth.)
    Broccoli, spinach, salad in general.
    Food shopping.
  • Me.

Coffee.

Beer.
  • Fist of the North Star.
  • This forum.
  • Onions. Tomatoes. Meeting new people. Cooking. Classic rock.
  • Atheists. People who make hilarious jokes at the expense of the religious.
  • Shellfish... until I became allergic. :(
  • Board games. Playing Settles of Catan... and all the other games that eventually followed, opened my eyes to a completely new world of board games outside those sold in Toys R Us and similar stores.
  • Steam. As in, the Games platform, not what happens when you heat up water.
  • Mario 3. That game is bullshit, but I've learned to love that bullshit.
  • Protesters. They used to be an annoyance, but now I've learned to play the "make the protesters admit they don't know why they're protesting" game.

So fun! ^_^
  • edited October 2011
    Tea.

Star Trek.

Doctor Who.

Pretty much all TV Sci Fi now that I think about it. I really got into it these past few years. Thank Firefly and anime for that.
    Protesters. They used to be an annoyance, but now I've learned to play the "make the protesters admit they don't know why they're protesting" game.

So fun! ^_^
    It's disheartening when you play that game and you are also part of the protest. :c
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited October 2011
    Women.

Nah, just kidding. I still hate women. :p
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited October 2011
    Women.
    Anime women. :P
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Protesters. They used to be an annoyance, but now I've learned to play the "make the protesters admit they don't know why they're protesting" game.

So fun! ^_^
    It's disheartening when you play that game and you are also part of the protest. :c
    I don't see how. If nothing else it encourages them to learn more about what it is they're advocating.
  • Well not so much love but now am like "meh yeah its fine" is being called Fitz.

So fun! ^_^
    I don't see how. If nothing else it encourages them to learn more about what it is they're advocating.
    It usually doesn't and I end up explaining which becomes an argument and me walking away disappointed at stupidity. It would be nice if it was the way you explained it.
  • Women.

Nah, just kidding. I still hate women. :p
    I find most of my best female friends tend to say they dislike other women. It makes me laugh, because the reason I hang out with them is that I usually prefer hanging out with women.
  • edited October 2011
    the reason I hang out with them is that I usually prefer hanging out with women.
    I hear ya there.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Broccoli, Tomatoes, Beer, Fish, Parties, Dance Music, Americana Music
  • Working out.
  • Barley Tea, crunchy lettuce, skirts, seinen manga, (some) metal music
  • Meditation. Fancy handbags. (Some) shojo anime. Buying cutesy little anime toys that come in the box where you don't know which one you're getting (I can't remember the Japanese name for that).