This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steam Mobile App

2»

Comments

• edited January 2012
    They're slowly letting people who have attempted to log in into the beta. I got in today. It includes store and community functionality, including chat.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I'm in and my invite went to Churba.
    App is pretty swish and lets you program in your date of birth.
  • It is pretty damned nice, and it certainly seems to let you purchase things from inside the app.
  • I just got in, myself. Seems pretty OKish. Kinda slow on my Optimus, though.
  • I'm in. You can definitely purchase games from inside the Android app, but I don't know about iOS.
  • You can definitely purchase games from inside the Android app
  • I tried to download it on my iPhone 3G, and it told me "Not available for the iPhone". Sorry fellow iPhone owners.
  • I tried to download it on my iPhone 3G, and it told me "Not available for the iPhone". Sorry fellow iPhone owners.
    I'm using it right now on my iPhone 4.
    I picked it up yesterday, too, and I've used it since. I don't know why it's not working for you.

• Any invites floating aboot?
  • "This app does not work with iPhone."
    I was mostly making fun of the bad error message.

This app does not work with iPhone.
  • "This app does not work with iPhone."
    I was mostly making fun of the bad error message.
    That's strange, why would it be trying to tell you that in German? I get where you were going with it, but now I'm just baffled about the message itself.

• That's strange, why would it be trying to tell you that in German? I get where you were going with it, but now I'm just baffled about the message itself.
    First off, I'm offended you confused Dutch with German. It's about as close as Norwegian is to Swedish! Preposterous!

Secondly, iPhones, and really, all technology, likes to default to Dutch. It's highly annoying. Windows, firefox, xbox, and really, all games, PC or 360 and even Wii all default to Dutch. This message specifically is one of the remnants of it trying its hardest to be Dutch, when I clearly said no to it.
  • edited January 2012
    That's strange, why would it be trying to tell you that in German? I get where you were going with it, but now I'm just baffled about the message itself.
    First off, I'm offended you confused Dutch with German. It's about as close as Norwegian is to Swedish! Preposterous!
    Okay, you got me - European languages, for the most part, not my strength.
    Secondly, iPhones, and really, all technology, likes to default to Dutch. It's highly annoying. Windows, firefox, xbox, and really, all games, PC or 360 and even Wii all default to Dutch. This message specifically is one of the remnants of it trying its hardest to be Dutch, when I clearly said no to it.
    That's odd, I never knew that before. Certainly never observed it myself, but that's not evidence of anything.

Post edited by Churba on
  • That's odd, I never knew that before. Certainly never observed it myself, but that's not evidence of anything.
    You also see it a lot in that some countries, such as Germany and France dub everything. Now that I think about it, so is Anime. It's like that, except for User Interfaces.
  • Secondly, iPhones, and really, all technology, likes to default to Dutch. It's highly annoying. Windows, firefox, xbox, and really, all games, PC or 360 and even Wii all default to Dutch. This message specifically is one of the remnants of it trying its hardest to be Dutch, when I clearly said no to it.
    That's odd, I never knew that before. Certainly never observed it myself, but that's not evidence of anything.
    Holy fuck, this times a million. Google news is STILL in dutch for me even though I've said multiple times I speak french, and even then I want my shit in english. Not only that, I'm living in America. WHY WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO DEFAULT TO DUTCH.
  • Obviously, Google is pushing for Dutch to become the official language of Earth.
  • edited January 2012
    Obviously, Google is pushing for Dutch to become the official language of Earth.
    Ik dacht dat Nederlands was de officiële taal van de Aarde. Jullie spreken geen Nederlands? Plebejers.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Obviously, Google is pushing for Dutch to become the official language of Earth.
    Ik dacht dat Nederlands de officiële taal van de Aarde was. Jullie spreken geen Nederlands? Plebejers.
    Interesting insult. Never heard it before.
  • Anyone need an invite?
  • Me, please!
  • Steam says you already own Steam Mobile Access.
  • Weird. The mobile app won't let me in. I'll look into it s'more and report back.
  • You are magical, Ro! It works now. >_<
  • edited January 2012
    Confirmed, I can log on from the app now when I couldn't previously.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I may finally have a way to talk to my Steam friends while playing Xbox 360 games. Win!