This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Jack and Linkigi are having the same flamewar in two threads. I don't understand why the feel the need to monopolize the forum like this
    It's cus we're that much cooler than you.

Also, please. You should've seen the shit that went down when Rym and Scott would go to the shore after Otakon every year. All the kids out on summer vacation, plus the at-the-time only mods on vacation?

Paging Viga to the thread with that "Sorry we burned down the Ivory Tower" picture.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • It's because I'm not one of the cool kids and going to PAX.
  • At this point the forum might as well be the Wild Wild West (starring Will Smith). It's any mans game out here.
    Best film ever!

• The amount of people willing to go to Australia after making jokes about how deadly the animals are there increased ten-fold over the past few days.
  • The amount of people willing to go to Australia after making jokes about how deadly the animals are there increased ten-fold over the past few days.
    I can't help it, I'm already here.
    Of course we will now have our own guide. Every man in Australia is like Crocodile Dundee right?

• What, just because I have a huge knife? You fuckin' racists.
  • Do you have a friend called Wally? Haven't you seduced and american reporter? Don't you know the local tribes men? And thats not a knife its a spoon.
  • edited September 2012
    Not really a friend, but my Neighbor is called Wally, Yes, Yes, and I don't play Knifey spoony.

Well, Fuck.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • If its any consolation I'm drinking tea after having ridden my horse wearing mostly tweed.
  • You can't fool me, you've been trying to pick up women in your combine harvester again, West Country.
  • Hey chicks dig that shit! Im like "Girl check out my Massive Fugason" and they're like "mmmm you can fill my grain hopper". You should see what they are like then I'm plowing.
  • edited September 2012
    I live on a farm and survive on Marlboros and black coffee.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I'm having afternoon tea at the Drake and going to see Roy Lichtenstein at the Art Institute.
  • I'm having afternoon tea at the Drake and going to see Roy Lichtenstein at the Art Institute.
    Get out of my country.

• Hey look, a week after PAX the forums are busy again.
  • I'm not sure why all the "spiritual"/"religious" people got huffy when I mentioned conservative christianity.
  • I didn't get huffy, I said that I don't believe it's the single largest contributing factor to political ignorance in red states.
  • edited October 2012
    Gotta say, this is the harshest flamewar I've personally witnessed on these forums.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • It's an incredibly emotionally charged topic and some people can't separate raw anxiety and upset from the objective parts of the discussion. Some people are looking for a venting opportunity about a horrible, horrible thing, and others are trying to have a discussion, and the two can't co-exist in the same thread.
  • Gotta say, this is the harshest flamewar I've personally witnessed on these forums.
    Agreed. The next closest thing I've actually read was the cross-dressing flamewar (AKA Greg vs Everyone), but that's at least 5 orders of magnitude of hate less.
  • I guess I've been on some really nasty forums, because quite frankly, this is very very tame by my standards.
  • Yeah, this one tends to stay civilized. The worst that happens is you get some memes thrown at you. No one tells you to go drown yourself.
  • The only real reason I'm still going on in that thread is that I shudder at the prospect of showing up to the next convention with all of you folks and being quietly regarded as "the rape apologist", because that is complete bullshit on every level.
  • The general approach the FRC takes is to not associate with a person they don't like.
  • The general approach the FRC takes is to not associate with a person they don't like.
    Swell. Pillorying somebody unjustly is cool though as long as it's a majority effort though, eh?
    Swell. Pillorying somebody unjustly is cool though as long as it's a majority effort though, eh?
    Yes.

• One problem is that people like me don't ever interact with "rapey" or sexually abusive types. I cut creepers, fanatics, and morons out of my life with a stunning rapidity, and my circles simply don't include people like that.

There was a time when they did (RWAG at RIT). and those guys got verbally Buzz Aldrinned so badly they avoided/hated us (the FRC) to a wonderful degree.

So, the mentality of the creeper isn't even in my social sphere, and I can't even begin to fathom being friends or friendly with (nevermind entertaining in a social manner) people of that stripe. They exist in a world apart.
  • There was a time when they did (RWAG at RIT). and those guys got verbally Buzz Aldrinned so badly they avoided/hated us (the FRC) to a wonderful degree.
    Oh my god, I'm imagining this now and it's fantastic. Yeah, RWAG is still among the worst groups for girls getting creeped on. Sadly, the Anime Club is next. :/

• How do I get my iPhone back to the mobile view of this forum?