This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Shit-Talk of Your Day

Comments

• Greg said:

A program where you make music by putting notes on staff paper like in MuseScore, but with variety of instruments and effects like in FL Studio or ProTools and the ability to export as audio files.

This is obvious shit talk because I know nothing about programming, but there's good money to be made there.

A lot of the software that does that is professional-grade expensive. My high school had some licenses for Sibelius that I used in Music Theory.
  • This might not be shit talk, but just to be safe I'm posting it here. An album of delta blues covers of chart hits, claiming to be recently unearthed recordings of the guy who originally wrote them, a blind black guitarist from the 20s and 30s whose name will be decided later. Write an extensive biography and liner notes, detailing where and when everything was supposedly recorded, and do all the other stuff they do when they reissue delta blues greats, but it's all just covers of pop songs.
  • That sounds like a hoot! Can I do vocals for one of the songs?
  • That's a completely rad idea. I'm 100% here for it and standing by to do whatever art or graphic design you need.
  • Thanks, guys. I'll keep you up to date and ask for help as the project develops. Right now I'm just brainstorming for the set list. Suggestions are welcome.
  • Can you define what you're looking for when you say "Chart hits"?
  • Greg said:

Thanks, guys. I'll keep you up to date and ask for help as the project develops. Right now I'm just brainstorming for the set list. Suggestions are welcome.

This needs at least one HellOrbs song
  • Churba said:

Can you define what you're looking for when you say "Chart hits"?

Popular songs. Generally Billboard Top 10s, but if something less famous has had a good lifespan and is well remembered could work -- something like Harry Nilsson's Coconut or Born to Run. Mostly American hits, since we're the largest global exporter of culture, so they will be more likely to be universally known -- tho Luftballoons comes to mind as a foreign hit that would work.
  • Are you thinking stuff that is obviously not legit or stuff that makes you go 'I wonder if this could be real?'

A lot of songs get removed for having too much anachronism.

The other alternative would be changing words, if that's an option I don't know.
  • I was thinking obviously not legit stuff. As funny as getting a Snopes page would be, it's not what I'm going for.
  • I was thinking of doing a thing where, for the entire month of, say, December, I watch Terminator every day and just review it over and over.

The purpose of this experiment is to drive myself to madness.
  • I was thinking of doing a thing where, for the entire month of, say, December, I watch Terminator every day and just review it over and over.

That is...

brilliant.
  • I was thinking of doing a thing where, for the entire month of, say, December, I watch Commando every day and just review it over and over.

The purpose of this experiment is to drive myself to be less gullible about the order in which people say they will kill me..

Fixed it for you
  • I was thinking of doing a thing where, for the entire month of, say, December, I watch Commando every day and just review it over and over.

The purpose of this experiment is to drive myself to be less gullible about the order in which people say they will kill me..

Fixed it for you
    I am already 100% aware of the order in which people will die.
  • edited November 2015

I was thinking of doing a thing where, for the entire month of, say, December, I watch Terminator every day and just review it over and over.

I did this when I was 12, except with Jurassic Park. I memorized the script.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I did this when I was 12, except with Jurassic Park. I memorized the script.

s/Jurassic Park/The Blues Brothers/

• Wasn't there a podcast that did this but they used like Grown Ups 2 or something?
  • edited November 2015

I was thinking of doing a thing where, for the entire month of, say, December, I watch Terminator every day and just review it over and over.

Friend, I wish to join you in this quest.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on

Yeeeeeeees.

Yeeeeeeees.
    I'm picturing the first episode of Acceptable Vices in January where it's just you and me quoting the movie in it's entirety.
  • You have no idea how here for that I am.
  • Let's take this to a Hangout and talk specifics.
  • Get Hype, Bitches.
  • Im looking forward to this, the steady decline as your lives become nothing but Arnie references.
  • Amp said:

Im looking forward to this, the steady decline as your lives become nothing but Arnie references.

"decline"
  • Crossposting from a Twitter discussion, an app that is Tindr but for musicians who just wanna jam.
  • I am currently harboring the idea of doing a Final Fantasy main game marathon throughout 2016. It would be nice to revisit ones I haven't played in years and also finally get to the ones I haven't played before, and then provide commentary on them as I go. Only downside I see is that once you get past 6, the games start getting really long, and I don't have a ton of free time as is.

I have three days to decide...