This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Shit-Talk of Your Day

Comments

• Why not play the first one 31 times in 31 days?

Because I have a job and responsibilities.

Because I have a job and responsibilities.
    Because he learned from Derek's and my mistake.
  • Yeah. I'm keeping up with my watching but I just... I can't write anything about it anymore. What would I do?

Once a week for a year would have been much more manageable.

• Once a week for a year would have been much more manageable.

I've almost done this with Fury Road.
  • Yeah. I'm keeping up with my watching but I just... I can't write anything about it anymore. What would I do?

I may regret this, but I think we should review one movie a week for a year.

Are you some sort of sadist Victor?

... what movie?

... what movie?
    All the land before time films?
  • edited December 2015

Yeah. I'm keeping up with my watching but I just... I can't write anything about it anymore. What would I do?

... what movie?
    We take turns picking.
    Amp said:

Are you some sort of sadist Victor?

I'm not ruling out the possibility, to be honest.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I would be super down with that as some kind of Greatest Movie Ever style thing, but like, adversarial. You make me watch whatever saccharine crap you can dredge up, and I make you watch the absolute bottom of the action film barrel.
  • edited December 2015
    You better get ready for some fucking Glitter Force if that's the route you wanna go.
    Nah, I was thinking just a normal sort of thing, not adversarial. See, I've wanted to do something like that for a while, but I think I need someone to do it with me to keep me accountable. I mean, shit, I wouldn't have watched 29 days of Terminator if I didn't know (or at least believe) that you were out there watching it too.

The first movie would be "Expelled from Paradise". The main character's name is Officer Angela Balzac. Balzac. It stars Wendee Lee, Johnny Yong Bosch, and Steven Blum.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm in.

Cool, I'll make the blog and get back to you with it.
  • Ring me up for whatever logos etc. you want.
  • I am currently harboring the idea of doing a Final Fantasy main game marathon throughout 2016. It would be nice to revisit ones I haven't played in years and also finally get to the ones I haven't played before, and then provide commentary on them as I go. Only downside I see is that once you get past 6, the games start getting really long, and I don't have a ton of free time as is.

I have three days to decide...

So I have decided that I am going to do this. The plan is going to be all numbered games from 1-13, except for 11 because MMO. Sequels (After Years, X-2, XIII-2, etc.) are not required, but if by some miracle I do get through the normal ones, those can be bonus round. In essence, twelve months to play twelve RPGs.

Running commentary I will do via Twitter and blog. I don't have any sort of streaming setup, and I'm not sure if I really want to go that far anyway. Trying to do the commentary will be hard enough given my quiet nature, so unless I stream the game with no other input from me, I don't see that happening. I dunno, maybe people would watch that? I don't really watch game streams outside of GDQ, so I don't know how viable that is. Worst case scenario I guess is that no one watches it and I'm out some money getting the capture equipment.

Anyway, Final Fantasy I begins January 1.
  • Good god man.
  • Pandora but the search criteria is Bandcamp tags.
  • I'm really sorry that you're going to play XIII, and to a lesser extent VIII. They're honestly pretty unbearable.
  • Axel said:

I'm really sorry that you're going to play XIII, and to a lesser extent VIII. They're honestly pretty unbearable.

I actually largely disagree with most people when it comes to XIII. I find that battle system so enjoyable that it makes up for all its shortcomings, so I look forward to playing it again. I will agree that VIII is probably my least favorite of the ones I have played though.

I suppose I should update here that I did finish FF1 and am currently working through FF2.

I'm not doing very good at posting to my Twitter (@theknoxinator), but I am doing weekly updates on my website at christopherknox.net.
  • edited January 2016
    I ended up going back to VIII when a guy on Giant Bomb was doing like a blog series about his playthrough of it. I didn't end up finishing partly because I just get bored going through long winded RPGs these days, but it's kinda hilariously dumb.

I basically find anything after IX to be not interesting. I think there is a strange dislike among FF fans for IX but I really like that game. The art direction in it is really spectacular. Maybe its because they did the same thing people disliked about Wind Waker where they started going in the direction of realistic looking characters and then jump back to this cartoony whimsical art style. But frankly, that's also what I like about Wind Waker whereas Twilight Princess is a piece of garbage in my opinion.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

I ended up going back to VIII when a guy on Giant Bomb was doing like a blog series about his playthrough of it. I didn't end up finishing partly because I just get bored going through long winded RPGs these days, but it's kinda hilariously dumb.

Exact opposite thing happened to me. I had thought about replaying FF VIII for long time, as I never finished it as a kid. But after reading that blog series, I realized that I'm fine with not touching that game again.

• I've been trying to spend some time over the last few days just learning how to do stuff in Ableton. I really want to get to the point where I can start experimenting with better results. My only gripe is there are not a whole lot of great tutorials in the same way. It seems like you actually can find some good YouTube videos and whatnot. But I'm still in the mode of how I learned Photoshop back in high school. Find like a specific small thing you want to try and accomplish and find a tutorial or something to show you how. Or just experiment more. This just seems overall more difficult with music.
  • You bought a Launchpad?
  • edited February 2016
    That is sick as fuck. I am in full support of this musical adventure.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I didn't buy one. That video is from a guy named M4Sonic I subscribe to on YouTube. He's the most pro at Ableton I have ever seen. Check out his channel.
  • I know who he is, but now I don't get why thats in the shit talk thread.
  • I know who he is, but now I don't get why thats in the shit talk thread.

Because @MATATAT wanted to learn Ableton.