This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest XI (2013)

Comments

• edited November 2012
    MAGfest update:

Russ has made a G+ group and sent invites to those who have shared their emails. List as of now is at 10, let me know if I am wrong: Myself, Krista, Belle, Russ, Viga, Erwin, Nelson, Taylor, Quatoria.

If we are at 10 people it will be $150 for a Wed to Sun. I shall bring the games with me (will be making a list of them once I reorganize a few of them).

In other news since we are in a suite might as well have it as the FRCF semioffical hang out space since the sucker is big, if anyone can bring cooking things (ie toaster ovens, crock pots, etc) for cheap semi home cooked food actions let me know.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Aimee and I will be there Wednesday, but I think we have dinner plans with some area friends. I'm sure we'll try to get some games going at one point.

Is your suite in the Gaylord?
  • Aimee and I will be there Wednesday, but I think we have dinner plans with some area friends. I'm sure we'll try to get some games going at one point.

Is your suite in the Gaylord?
    Yes it is.

• I can bring frozen pizza. But the food around the Gaylord is kind of decent.
  • I shall bake A LOT of stuff.
  • edited November 2012
    I can bring frozen pizza. But the food around the Gaylord is kind of decent.
    I will eat at that chicken place no less that 5 times that weekend. Maybe 1 at Elevation burger. Maybe get some snacks from the one mini store with the decent beer selection and good pastries.

EDIT: I suggest we try Happy Hour at the Public House. The prices look decent. That beer list can kiss my ass.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • I can bring frozen pizza. But the food around the Gaylord is kind of decent.
    I will eat at that chicken place no less that 5 times that weekend. Maybe 1 at Elevation burger. Maybe get some snacks from the one mini store with the decent beer selection and good pastries.

EDIT: I suggest we try Happy Hour at the Public House. The prices look decent. That beer list can kiss my ass.
    I heard from sources that a Potbelly's has opened close to where the Elevation Burger is.
  • edited November 2012
    I can bring frozen pizza. But the food around the Gaylord is kind of decent.

I heard from sources that a Potbelly's has opened close to where the Elevation Burger is.
    It was there last year. I ate at it.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited November 2012
    So I am in the process of building my game chest for MAGfest here are the games in it so far:

- Lupin the 3rd the board game
    - Parthenon Rise of the Aegeans
    - Jamaica
    - Alien Frontiers with expansions
    - Bang! with all expansions
    - Jungle Speed
    - Tichu
    - Innovation with expansion
    - Spot it!
    - Ticket to Ride Europe with 1912 and Asia
    - Glen More
    - Hansa Teutonica
    - Puerto Rico
    - Ora & Labora
    - Settlers of Catan Across America

I am thinking about getting either Power Grid, Carcassonne, Alhambra before the fest (if money allows it).

Any other suggestions on what to take with me?
  • edited December 2012
    MAGfest update:

Rules for the 2nd Nerf War is currently being drafted by @marzgurlprod (she is on twitter), if you have nerf weapons and want to partake in mayhem, follow her and her boy friend for updates.

Hotel: Room is solid! We managed to get our 10, if you are still looking for room I MAY have another person asking me to help fill a slot in a 4 person room will keep you updated.

Games: See above for the games, let me know what I should keep in and remove, going to be doing some shuffling next week

Finally I shall end this with three words: Super. Art. Fight.
  • Nerf war? I need to get in on this.
  • 4 Weeks away...

• I won't be at MAGfest, but those of you who will be there should definitely see Danimal Cannon's set Friday at 1:20pm, if you're even remotely into chip music.
  • I won't be at MAGfest, but those of you who will be there should definitely see Danimal Cannon's set Friday at 1:20pm, if you're even remotely into chip music.
    It is a good set, I have seen it many times. Now for you I have news, MAGfest Concerts to be streamed online.
  • Bolt bus tickets booked. Lectures and panels confirmed. Hotel double-confirmed.

It. Is. On.
  • edited December 2012
    Let's play a game, how many people do you know in this MAGfest Video about ones past. Hint: You can see me in an orange shirt.

• ^Love that video. I immediately grinned seeing you on there w/ JewWario. (Which, I loved his JewWario @ MAGFest 9 video)

I also will say, this will be down to the wire, but I'll give you all information on if my hotel room will be available for other people to stay at around December 22nd. In case we have anyone else who may need some lodging.
  • edited December 2012
    loved his JewWario @ MAGFest 9 video

You're Welcome :D
  • Three Weeks away....

• edited December 2012
    And lo the new advert is out!

• If I put the effort into making a MTG Cube for Limited, who would be interested in playing? Basically, I'd put some effort into making a big ol' block of cards, then we "draft" from "boosters" made from said block. I'm not sure how good a Cube I can make, but I'll try if there's going to be people to play with.
  • If I put the effort into making a MTG Cube for Limited, who would be interested in playing? Basically, I'd put some effort into making a big ol' block of cards, then we "draft" from "boosters" made from said block. I'm not sure how good a Cube I can make, but I'll try if there's going to be people to play with.
    Or we can just play Netrunner.
  • edited December 2012
    Or we could play a thousand other different games.

Or I could pound nails through my penis.

Or I could sit alone in my room and softly weep.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • This is Russ, I'm running the room Coldguy was talking about.

Currently we have space for only one more. It's $150, which covers the room from Wednesday check-in to Monday check-out. The room is a suite, which is more like a small apartment than a regular hotel room.

Contact me at rrosin02 at hotmail dot com for Paypal info and any questions you might have, we'd need the room fee before the 31st.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2012
    Or I could sit alone in my room and softly weep.
    Save that for when you turn 40.

Post edited by Geo on
  • This was in my head yesterday and it was MAGfest related, you're welcome.

• Oh shit, another awesome set from last year!

• Friday. 5:30. Will and I doing Beyond Diablo.

... Right across from a Gaming Intellectuals panel and Egoraptor's Q and A.
  • Beyond Diablo = Torchlight, Torchlight 2. The end.