This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Gravity Falls

Comments

• On the pillow discussion I partially agree with Scott. Pillow is good when it's cool, cold might be too much, but cool pillow is best pillow.
  • Pillow temperature is related to the fact that most of my heat output as I sleep is from the head. I need a proper cooling apparatus to chill the brain case as it creates entire universes for me to explore as I sleep. Brain GPU overheating would ruin the fuck out of my day.

That said I'm a goddamn space heater.
  • I named him Waddles, because he waddles!
    He said Mabel! Or Dorobel. Did you say Mabel or Dorobel?

• Another vote for Utena, here.
  • Eggoraptor?
  • So the Summerween episode is pretty fucked up. You guys should check that one out along with episode 5 when Mabel has an acid trip.
  • I'm catching up with the full show rapidly.
  • Man. I kinda want to buy the new released versions, but I still have the never been opened older version of DVDs. Monies. Stupid monies.
  • edited October 2012
    So the Summerween episode is pretty fucked up. You guys should check that one out along with episode 5 when Mabel has an acid trip.
    "The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!"

Currently my favorite line from this series.
    Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • edited October 2012
    So the Summerween episode is pretty fucked up. You guys should check that one out along with episode 5 when Mabel has an acid trip.
    "The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!"

Currently my favorite line from this series.
    I discovered the Aoshima thing before seeing the episode because I looked up the cryptograms and saw the clip on YouTube. Before seeing the clip I got excited that it might be a reference to Odoru Daisousasen.

Post edited by Apreche on
  • I still can't get over the fact you said eggoraptor? WHY?!
  • edited October 2012
    I still can't get over the fact you said eggoraptor? WHY?!
    I just assumed that because they both said it wrong over and over it's an inside joke or something. They tend to do that with obscure shit. :P
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Utena is a series I bought like 4 times. The most recent set from Nozomi is by far the best. The nicest boxes, extra booklets of information, the image quality is the best it is going to get for the series. Over all a super nice release. I sold my old CPM set and bought Nozomi set as it was coming out. I also really like Utena a lot, so it's worth it to me.

An episode by episode analysis of Utena sounds great to me.

On another note, cool pillows are the best. I turn a lot in my sleep and I end up turning my pillow over every so often so I can put my head on the cool side.

I like down pillows. I have a dust mite allergy and as a kid I used to have an asthma attack every time I went to bed. So, I moved from synthetic to down pillows. It did help a bit with the allergies. The only problem is even in some of the high quality down pillows I've had the feathers escape and then the pillow deflates. Also I wake up with cuts on my face from time to time from the feathers.
    Dude. Talk to an average Internet person. and they think it's "eggraptor."
    Dude. Talk to an average Internet person. and they think it's "eggraptor."
    ಠ_ಠ

That's worse than eggoraptor. Can people just not read?
  • Talk to the average internet person? How does one do this?
    Go to a con. In fact, I distinctly remember a bunch of guys at the last MAGFest talking about how they loved AVGN's panel and wanted to talk to "Eggraptor".
  • I'm turning in my Internet badge... but I'm keeping the gun.
  • Google returns amusing results like "Newegg Raptor sale" and some tumblr tags. There is at least one person on the internet who has tagged egoraptor as eggraptor.
    Go to a con. In fact, I distinctly remember a bunch of guys at the last MAGFest talking about how they loved AVGN's panel and wanted to talk to "Eggraptor".
    Your technology! It is too advanced!

• I normally fall asleep with my head under my pillow, not on it. But then I have weird sleep habits. For example, on a plane I only sleep if there is no air mi enemy around my ears. As long as I have a hood up or my hat on or I'm totally under a blanket, I can sleep though both takeoff and landing.
  • I normally fall asleep with my head under my pillow, not on it. But then I have weird sleep habits. For example, on a plane I only sleep if there is no air mi enemy around my ears. As long as I have a hood up or my hat on or I'm totally under a blanket, I can sleep though both takeoff and landing.
    I can only sleep on my right hand side, unless I'm drunk or have literally missed an entire nights sleep.

When on my left I get a kind of forced awareness. Hard to describe. Like a pressure that is making my brain not turn off. I will lie there for hours.
  • Just a quick heads up: While Sawchuck had a ton of scars from playing goalie without a mask, the photo you guys linked to is exaggerated through the use of make-up. At least if you can trust the words of Jeff Marek, canadian sports TV and radio personality and hockey history buff.
  • Cool pillows > warm pillows.
    I normally fall asleep with my head under my pillow, not on it. But then I have weird sleep habits. For example, on a plane I only sleep if there is no air mi enemy around my ears. As long as I have a hood up or my hat on or I'm totally under a blanket, I can sleep though both takeoff and landing.
    You know, I may try that. As long as I can remember, I've never been able to sleep without lying completely prone. If I completely smothered my ears, maybe it would be different.

• edited October 2012
    Post edited by VichusSmith on
  • The ideal temperature of one's pillow is inversely proportional to the temperature of one's bedroom.
  • Warm blanket, cold pillow. Anything else is insane. Cold bedroom is also good. But pillow has to be cool. I do however, like my blanket to be warmer than I think how most people like it.
  • I don't even start using a blanket until there's snow on the ground outside and there's a constant draft in my old, log, house.
  • Watched the pilot. The kids have 4 fingers, the grownups have 5, and the book has 6. What's that all about?