This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Weed is legal! Now what?

1234568»

Comments

• I just realized that with legal weed coming to a state where I spend every day in, I'm going to need to buy a bong. I also realized that I don't know where to buy a bong. Luckily I had some friends straighten me out.
  • I enjoy a good bong rip. You get high pretty fast from a bong too. But you do go through your supply a lot faster.
  • edited November 2016
    Neito said:

The best food I ever ate I've eaten stoned. Remember Gamer Grub? That shit is the BOMB DIGGADY while high.

I just get high and make tea. Good smoke, good biscuits/cookies and good Earl Grey, that's what I'm about.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • There is another thing to consider there is more to cannabis than THC. CBD is another component which has its own benefits.

CBD effects:

Calmness
    Pain relief
    Gentle upbeat mood
    Mental and physical relaxation
    Clear-headed and focused, no change in cognitive function
    Slightly sedative

THC is overrated. I'd much rather have a CBD heavy strain.
  • Rym said:

I like it.

It is so weird for me that you are now on board. In college, you reacted as if I was injecting heroine when I discussed my occasional marijuana use to combat PMS symptoms.
  • Greg said:

There is another thing to consider there is more to cannabis than THC. CBD is another component which has its own benefits.

CBD effects:

Calmness
    Pain relief
    Gentle upbeat mood
    Mental and physical relaxation
    Clear-headed and focused, no change in cognitive function
    Slightly sedative

THC is overrated. I'd much rather have a CBD heavy strain.
    They both have their uses for me. Buds that lean more on the THC side are nice for the evening when I just want to chill before I go to bed. Buds which are heavy in CBD are nice for going on outings like a nice hike in the woods or just hanging out in the park.
  • I never pay much attention to THC/CBD concentrations. When I smoked every day, I didn't have access to that information, and now that I do, I smoke very infrequently, so my preference starts and ends with "whatever Indica-dominant hybrid has the coolest name." It's very scientific. As I recall, Indica has a higher CBD concentration, but all I know is that Sativa leaves me feeling wired and paranoid.

Apropos of nothing, I just realized that I'm casually discussing my preferences for legal weed while I wait for my kid to fall asleep. It's an odd world we live in.
  • UncleUlty said:

I just realized that with legal weed coming to a state where I spend every day in, I'm going to need to buy a bong. I also realized that I don't know where to buy a bong. Luckily I had some friends straighten me out.

I actually went the completely opposite way. In school when I smoked I had a bubbler. After school I basically stopped smoking and gave away all my paraphernalia to people I knew who still smoked. I kept a small fold up pipe just in case I was interested but never used it until it was legal. It was just a hassle to load it, go outside, and smoke. I only did it a couple times before just giving away the gram I bought. Then I invested in a battery and a CO2 capsule. That thing is awesome. No smoke, and the CO2 extraction is very clean. But as I said, I've started to just drift over into edibles more. But you might consider one of those pens. It's a bit more expensive, but it's just so convenient.
  • UncleUlty said:

I just realized that with legal weed coming to a state where I spend every day in, I'm going to need to buy a bong. I also realized that I don't know where to buy a bong. Luckily I had some friends straighten me out.

Wait, why would you have to buy a bong? Can't you just roll a joint? Maybe it's because I've known how to roll for a long time, but packing a bong just seems like a hassle to me.

Also, Vaporizers - the original, not we-get-it-you-vape vaporizers - are pretty cool, if that's what you're into.
  • Pretty much universally, rolling papers in the US exist in convinience stores in poor neighborhoods.
  • Neito said:

Pretty much universally, rolling papers in the US exist in convinience stores in poor neighborhoods.

I can't tell if you're joking.
  • MATATAT said:

Neito said:

Pretty much universally, rolling papers in the US exist in convinience stores in poor neighborhoods.

I can't tell if you're joking.
    Dude, what about headshops? Tobacconists? Ordering online, I know I bought one of my mates a stack of my preferred cigarette rolling papers a while back right off amazon, and they def had the jumbo-sized ones for joints.
  • edited November 2016
    Churba said:

Wait, why would you have to buy a bong? Can't you just roll a joint? Maybe it's because I've known how to roll for a long time, but packing a bong just seems like a hassle to me.

Also, Vaporizers - the original, not we-get-it-you-vape vaporizers - are pretty cool, if that's what you're into.

I've used joints and pipes before too, and while they're more convenient, I never liked the harsh smoke feeling. I just find that using a bong prevents some of that burning feeling in my lungs and throat. A vaporizer would work too, but I'm not as familiar with them yet. Edibles are also very good, but require more planning.
    Post edited by UncleUlty on
  • I dunno if it's just my area (MA has some fucked-up laws about shit) or I'm a dense motherfucker, but I never see rolling papers, even in head shops.
  • Neito said:

I dunno if it's just my area (MA has some fucked-up laws about shit) or I'm a dense motherfucker, but I never see rolling papers, even in head shops.

I once had a co-worker who rolled his own tobacco cigs. He was a stoner type from CA. He often complained that even in NYC he couldn't find papers.

I don't condone smoking anything, but couldn't you just buy a metric fuckton of them on Amazon or something?
  • Apreche said:

Neito said:

I dunno if it's just my area (MA has some fucked-up laws about shit) or I'm a dense motherfucker, but I never see rolling papers, even in head shops.

I once had a co-worker who rolled his own tobacco cigs. He was a stoner type from CA. He often complained that even in NYC he couldn't find papers.

I don't condone smoking anything, but couldn't you just buy a metric fuckton of them on Amazon or something?
    Huh, interesting. Every gas station or corner store I've been to sells rolling papers. Mostly for cigarette rolling but I've seen them.
  • Neito said:

In highschool I had some friends who always rolled. I have no idea where they got the papers though.
  • I have zero interest in smoking. I value the health of my lungs.
  • Rym said:

I have zero interest in smoking. I value the health of my lungs.

I bought a dry herb vape from the internet ahead of this election.
  • Rym said:

• Rym said:

A Cannibus Cookbook perhaps?
  • There is a series on Munchies called Bong Appetite. Which features lot of delicious and interesting ways when you are cooking with cannabis.

https://munchies.vice.com/en/show/bong-appetit
  • Apreche said:

Neito said:

I just had a look, if that's what a fella is into, they sure as shit can. They've got papers, blunt-wraps, filler tubes, rolling machines, every single thing you can imagine.

• Took my half brother from Texas to a dispensary. He was thrilled. Bought him a vape cartridge. We took edibles on Thursday. Today he told me he had the best night sleep and doesn't remember the last time he had one. He suffers from severe back pain.

It will probably be a decent while for any of the newly passed recreational states to get really decent product on the cheap.

Discovered Bomb Bons. They are indeed "bomb", however Goodship Cookie Co is the best edible I've had so far. (Snickerdoodles). Seriously, everytime I go try to buy some, they are always either low stock or sold out. I remember getting in the elevator at PAX this year and saw someone holding a box. I was like "THOSE ARE THE BEST! I HAVE THEM TOO!"
  • edited December 2016

Molecular Marijuana: BONG APPÉTIT (Full Episode)
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on