This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest XII

Comments

• Probably but that probably won't stop us from not being able to find each other for an hour while only being a block away from one another because we are adults. A la Anime Boston.
  • Hey, still room in MAGSuite? If so, I may throw myself into the mix. I have (sort of) permission to take my car (though my Mom is scared of me driving alone, but I'll live).
  • Hey, still room in MAGSuite? If so, I may throw myself into the mix. I have (sort of) permission to take my car (though my Mom is scared of me driving alone, but I'll live).
    Yup
  • Cool. I'mma look at my money and decide shortly.
  • edited October 2013
    Dumb idea: FRC identifiers on Badges to help new people meet us, yay or nay?
    Dumb idea unless they are big enough to be seen from a distance, a la Ravelry pin.

Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited October 2013
    Now what you see is not a test, I'm knitting to the beat, so me, my needles and my friends are gonna make socks for your feet, to the white, the black, the red, the purple and yellow.

Well so, far, you've seen my badge, but I've bought two friends along...
    Post edited by Churba on
  • After years of putting it off, I am finally taking the plunge and going to MAGFest for the first time!

Is there still room in the MagSuite?

• Is there still room in the MagSuite?
    Yup just send the funds over to Russ
  • So A_Rival and RainbowDragonEyes are added. RainbowDragonEyes is a band who can best be described as Chiptune Metal.

Yea.
  • Also Danimal Cannon, who is consistently fantastic. He's from near my hometown, so I've seen him live all the time. Doesn't make me less excited to see him again.
  • Question: Would people care if I did the break down of the musicians again?
  • I won't honestly need it, but I'm sure some people would appreciate it.
  • @CG: Go nuts.

It may also be a decent idea for peeps to post which games they're bringing and which ones they'd like to play.
  • edited October 2013
    Eclipse! 9 players, simultaneous turns.

Also Netrunner.
    Post edited by pence on
  • Eclipse! 9 players, simultaneous turns.
  • edited October 2013
    Armcannon announced, as expected. I'm psyched because they're a semi-local band and I love 'em to death.
    Also, OCRemix, Triforce Quartet, and Rare Candy.

Two more Main Stage performers announced next week, and I'm pretty excited to see who they bring. They could still surprise me. :o
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Axel said:

Triforce Quintet.

A note to all of you GO SEE THEM. They very rarely perform live outside of weddings and are amazing. Also thanks Axel for doing my job last year in updating the thread with the MAGFest updates.
  • No problemo. Mostly it was because Armcannon was announced, and I was waiting. Kinda surprised they're stage 2, but I guess there's just too much awesome on Main Stage that someone had to be relegated to the secondary slot.
  • Here is a secret: most often second stage bands is where the awesome stuff happens.
  • I think the secret is that all of the stages have all of the awesome.
  • In case you were not aware Russ is updating the suite. He needs the money sooner, but overall it will be cheaper. So send him the money please if you want to take advantage of this.
  • Almost forgot, they are potentially teasing a surprise announcement after Urizen (think Kiss stage show with a more metal sound) and Bit Brigade are rounding out the main stage for now.
  • Yeah, I'm curious who they could announce. It would probably be something bigger, likely a name that's worked in games more heavily vs. the standard cover and chiptunes bands.
  • We know the EB Papas wanted to come back last year but were told no due to their goal of being diversified. So it is going to be someone truly off the wall.
  • I appreciate diversity, but getting EB Papa's back would be awesome. I see no reason to say no and have an amazing regular guest. But, the fact that the con can afford to say no shows that it's really grown.

Although I will say that they do otherwise get the same bands over and over again, so adding EB Papa's to that list would seem like a good idea to me.
  • Does anybody have room for an additional body in their room?
  • edited November 2013

"ZeldAdventure Time!
    C'mon grab your friends,
    We'll rage over lotsa
    challenges. With
    Ganon the Pig-Dog and
    Link the Human,
    The challenges never
    end, it's ZeldAdventure
    TIME!"
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • 4 Years and one day ago this monumental video aired, and the legend of it still lives on...

• edited November 2013
    Huge MAGFest Update!

MAGFest Music Bundle. Preview the bands before you get there, I own two of the albums already and the bundle is worth it just for those. Also they are including Machine Supremacy rare tracks for charity.

Shedspace and ChipSpace are coming back aka the "secret" spot to catch awesome things to post on youtube later. See this as an example:

Also MAGProm is happening. Sadly they are not enforcing a dress code, but the James Bond theme should bode well for classy man dancing. The One Ups (go figure) is the band at the prom.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • If you submitted a panel for MAGFest check your email. They have been sending acceptance emails, sadly none of mine were able to make the cut this year.