This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest XII

Comments

• Oh fuck it's coming soon. I can feel the MAG entering me.
  • Two weeks.
  • Look here, we now have MAGScarfs!

• Already have scarf. MAKE HAT! HAT!
  • edited December 2013
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Here are items of interest on the schedule. Let me know if I misread it. It's not well designed.

Thursday 7PM - Games 10 and 30 years from now
    Friday 10AM - Bad Games
    Friday 2:30PM - Game Controllers
    Friday 7pm - Akira Show & Tell
    Saturday 1PM - Super Art Fight!
    Sautrday 10:30PM - MACHINAE SUPREMACY CONCERT
  • edited December 2013
    MAGProm on Friday (Thursday night) from 12AM-2:20AM. The Oneups perform there and are rad.

And many, many other concerts I am interested in. For the Saturday concert (Machinae Supremacy at 10:30), if you want good positioning, getting there early isn't a bad idea. The two bands right before them (X-Hunters and Those Who Fight) are great and will get you warmed up.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Haven't actually looked at the schedule yet, but I am pretty sure my schedule every day will be something like:

Tabletop
    Tabletop
    Pokemon (probably while sitting in Tabletop)
    Visit arcade
    Tabletop
    Pokemon
    Tabletop
    Dinner?
    Tabletop
  • Uh oh, Divekick tournament on Sunday. That might trump all other activities on that day.
  • Apreche said:

After you guys (but more specifically Scott) hyping Machinae Supremacy so much over the last few years, and in the build up to Magfest this year, I finally checked out an album of theirs on YouTube. And you know what? It was fucking awesome. I listened to another album the next day, and was just as impressed. I might listen to a few more and then buy some of their music for general listening.
  • Their music is so fucking good. When they were announced for MAGFest and got da hype I started listening. They have great old and new stuff, which I love. Hoping for some of my favorites at the concert.
  • Apreche said:

After you guys (but more specifically Scott) hyping Machinae Supremacy so much over the last few years, and in the build up to Magfest this year, I finally checked out an album of theirs on YouTube. And you know what? It was fucking awesome. I listened to another album the next day, and was just as impressed. I might listen to a few more and then buy some of their music for general listening.
    I have been a huge fan since their first album over a decade ago. This is the first opportunity I have ever had to actually see them since they are all Swedish and shit.
  • IIRC, this will be the first show they have ever played in the US.

I'm not that into their music any more, but I figure what the hell, it's probably the only time I'll see them.

I'm interested in some of those MAGES panels, particularly "Educating through Play" and "Games as a Narrative Medium." Might seek out a few other random intellectual panels too.

Or burn my eyes out in the arcade and play tabletop games till I die. Whichever comes first.
  • Mag is one of the few cons I go to where I'm more interested in the concerts than the other content. That said, this is the year of ArcadeMag for me, probably, though there will be significant tabletoping, as always.
  • We can tell you which intellectual panels to attend or avoid. We're on a bunch of them, and we know who's on all of them. ;^)
  • Rym said:

We can tell you which intellectual panels to attend or avoid. We're on a bunch of them, and we know who's on all of them. ;^)

Well, there are these two self-aggrandizing assholes who have a small podcast. I heard they're going to pollute things their egojaculate. How can I avoid them?

• Nuri said:

Haven't actually looked at the schedule yet, but I am pretty sure my schedule every day will be something like:

Tabletop
    Tabletop
    Pokemon (probably while sitting in Tabletop)
    Visit arcade
    Tabletop
    Pokemon
    Tabletop
    Dinner?
    Tabletop

we have the same schedule, without the Pokemon though :-p
  • edited December 2013
    Cremlian said:

we have the same schedule, without the Pokemon though :-p

Also a bonus!

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Our panel schedule.

Games Ten and Thirty Years from Now
    Thursday @ 7:00pm

Bad Games
    Friday @ 10:00am

Game Controllers
    Friday @ 2:30pm

Privacy and Games
    Satuday @ 7:00pm
  • Rym said:

Games Ten and Thirty Years from Now
    Thursday @ 7:00pm

You better record that panel because it will be hilarious 10 and 30 years from now to compare :-p
  • Got my special costume ready for MAGFest!
  • A first for me, Volunteering at tabletop at 8 AM on Friday til 12 PM to snag a free shirt. Not bad.
  • I might actually dress up at Tom Baker, since I was recently gifted a big-ass scarf and a box of jelly babies. Hmm...
  • So, should we set up a GroupMe for this, or just play it by ear?
  • I don't have a smart-device, so I care not.
  • I am all for this anyone like to create one?
  • I made it. If anyone wants in, PM me a phone number or email address.
  • edited December 2013
    It appears a pal of mine is doing a Q & A on MAGFest thingies tomorrow.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Hey all, if anyone is still looking for a room, I'm not able to take Matt's off his hands. Maybe someone will want to take it before the cancellation policy is up?
  • Yeah I'll send him a PM, I wound up having to book across two hotels, so having the whole reservation at the Gaylord would be nice!!