This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Grand Prix Round 2 - Backgammon - UPDATED

Comments

• So both of my rounds, we wound up playing on different Kongregate backgammon games where the doubling cube was not built in. Doubling via chat is kinda janky and the other person may not see it. Does anyone have a better online backgammon solution?
    I still suggest the Yahoo! games. It's only flaw is Java.
  • My partner has not responded to me Sail are you there, want to compete against you.
  • If you're using Java anyway, JavaFIBS works well.
  • edited April 2013
    My partner has not responded to me Sail are you there, want to compete against you.
    Yeah I have, you have not responded to me :P I added you on Skype Monday night when we said we were going to play, then you said nothing to me. Yesterday I get a message about playing and I tell you I'm ready whenever and you say nothing still :P
    Post edited by Sail on
  • My partner has not responded to me Sail are you there, want to compete against you.
    Yeah I have, you have not responded to me :P I added you on Skype Monday night when we said we were going to play, then you said nothing to me. Yesterday I get a message about playing and I tell you I'm ready whenever and you say nothing still :P

I added you, I will be available later this evening if you are free.

• I sent you a message about 9pm EST.
  • My dice, they are loaded. Through the internet.
  • I have swept sail 5 -0 thanks cheese for the tips
  • I have swept sail 5 -0 thanks cheese for the tips
    Correction, it is 6 - 0 due to the Gammon actually scoring twice even in a Crawford game. I would email Scott this but I currently have no access to email at the moment.

• It's already fixed. Scott and I emailed and sorted it last night when you submitted the wrong score.
  • I emailed in a few days ago but for the record, I swept Woodchuck 5-0.
  • Alright, my first real round, 5-0.
  • Game Master Scott, how come those round 3 pairings coming? ;-)
  • Game Master Scott, how come those round 3 pairings coming? ;-)
    We're waiting for Highdefinition and Starfox.
  • highdefinition and Starfox failed to play. I called it a draw, and have posted the matchups for round 3!
  • How the fuck do you search for usernames in this forum?

Anyway, Snickety-Snake, we have to play. Send me a PM or timo.ruppell at gmail.com
  • edited April 2013
    highdefinition and Starfox failed to play. I called it a draw, and have posted the matchups for round 3!
    So, did you switch to giving byes to the bottom, or is Sail playing vs someone as per Timo's suggestion?

Also, 5ro4, we have a match to play.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Daaamn, I am the only one paired up against the win-win ppl. Suspect schenanigans!
  • edited April 2013
    Heh, I guess you got unlucky. It's also possibly relevant that you're tied for highest total score out of the single-win people.

Also, keep in mind that Snickety-Snake has actually only played one game, since he or she got a bye for the second game.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Daaamn, I am the only one paired up against the win-win ppl. Suspect schenanigans!
    It was either you or no fun girl. blame random.org!

I just gave the bye to the lowest person. Least amount of effort to keep you from complaining.
  • You wouldn't want to play with me anyway. I'm no fun.
  • You wouldn't want to play with me anyway. I'm no fun.
    I can attest to that, beating me so hard. =(
    And both rounds I've had the mathematically toughest opponent. Bronz and his 8 points in round 2 and now InvaderREN and his 12. This is more proof to my assertion that the universe doesn't like me!

I just gave the bye to the lowest person. Least amount of effort to keep you from complaining.
    This also happens to fall in line with standard Swiss Tournament rules, as well.

Easy AND correct, all in one convenient package.
  • Dromaro defeats InvaderREN, 6-0
  • Woodchuck, what's you contact info?
    M-M-M-MONSTER KILL
  • C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
    M-M-M-MONSTER KILL
    You're the one who won with 7 points! Was it like a 3-X game and they doubled and you gammoned, or what?
  • edited April 2013
    You're the one who won with 7 points! Was it like a 3-X game and they doubled and you gammoned, or what?
    1 point plus a doubled backgammon. (I got 0 points)
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on