This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Images

Comments

• edited January 2014

Imgur inverted my jpg for some reason.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Randomly selected items in a room are replaced with chocolate.
    imageimage
  • edited January 2014
    Omnutia said:

Randomly selected items in a room are replaced with chocolate.

Holy fuck Japan has all the best ideas.

Also, things I have learned from manga: When you know what you want, don't let little things stand in your way.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited January 2014
    Banta said:

There's a charity that does that. http://skateistan.org/
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • And people say Manga/Manhua is unrealistic.

Supposedly, this is a real sign in Washington state.
  • So, I live in Washington and have all my life, I have never seen or heard of this. If it is a Washington thing it must be an eastern Washington.
  • So in Spokanistan?
  • Neito said:

Supposedly, this is a real sign in Washington state.

I think I read somewhere that long haul truckers, who for whatever reason don't always stop when they need to go to the bathroom, will often pee in bottles and toss them out their windows. This is probably related to that.
  • I don't quite understand the trouble with just putting the cap and and throwing it away when you do stop.
  • Do you wanna drive 8 hours with a jug full of piss in your truck? :P

Honestly though, I agree with you there. If you have to pee into a bottle, at least wait until you perform a scheduled stop to throw out said bottle properly. Assuming they're following the law, long haul truckers have to take multi-hour breaks after every so many hours driving -- I'm just not sure what the exact numbers are.

Of course, if they aren't following the law with regards to breaks, then they probably won't care about following the law with regards to littering either. Even if they are following the laws concerning breaks, they may simply just not care. After all, they're just passing through and may never drive that particular stretch of road again for a long time, if ever.
  • Found a new webcomic artist to follow.

• Too much manga... I started reading those strips right to left.
  • Kochikame?
  • Tomovasky said:

So, I live in Washington and have all my life, I have never seen or heard of this. If it is a Washington thing it must be an eastern Washington.

I can also say this. It could be at a rest stop.
  • The "why do you cut off the end of the ham" is perfect.
  • Save it for a pot of greens.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Too much manga... I started reading those strips right to left.

I am so happy to not be the only one.
  • The "why do you cut off the end of the ham" is perfect.

The joke is a very, very, very old one. I think my great grandmother used to tell it.

• edited January 2014

The "why do you cut off the end of the ham" is perfect.

The joke is a very, very, very old one. I think my great grandmother used to tell it.
    Because it didn't fit in her oven?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Pegu said:

The "why do you cut off the end of the ham" is perfect.

Because it didn't fit in her oven?
    Sounds like an old Jewish circumcision joke.

• Tomovasky said:

So, I live in Washington and have all my life, I have never seen or heard of this. If it is a Washington thing it must be an eastern Washington.

I am a truck driver in Washington. These signs are in every truck stop and rest stop, there are 3 similar ones in the Everett rest stop which I used to use for my lunch break.

Here is a article about it: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7912464/

This is not near as gross as what some (very few) other drivers do. 2 man team drivers will cut a hole in the middle of the sleeping berth floor for the off man to use while the other is driving. One issue is that the driveline is under the hole (and spinning), and flings the poo all over the underside of the truck. I have had mechanics from 2 different companies tell me about needing to turn trucks away for the unsanitary condition of the underside of the truck.

• Doesn't it fling the poo back at the pooper?
  • Yeah, I'd imagine that the truck's undercarriage wouldn't be the only one getting a coat in that situation.