This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's Apple Day

Comments

• It's almost like technology advances over time, and that things look a lot different looking back as opposed to looking at the time you're in. Whoda thunk it.
  • I had a granny smith today, and I'm going to have apple pie for pudding does that count?
  • I prefer vanilla ice cream with my apple pie.
  • Can't got wrong with Ambrosia Custard.
  • Can't got wrong with Ambrosia Custard.
    It's well named to be sure.

• I don't care about the phone part, I just want all those camera features and technology in my FUCKING CAMERA!!! Come ON, Canon, what the fuck are you doing?
  • edited September 2013
    I like the fingerprint reader (if it works well, which I'll be skeptical about until I see some reviews) and the processor, but I've got an iPhone 5 so I'll be waiting for the 6 (and my renewal discount). The golden phone looks silly, but I'm sure it'll sell buttloads.
    I hope iOS 7 doesn't make my iPhone 4 slow down.
    I've been using iOS 7 since the dev build came out and it's pretty good, speed-wise. I'm sure that a lot of things will be disabled on the iPhone 4, though (parallax backgrounds, certain animations, etc). Some of the animation speeds could still use some tweaking, but I'm generally ok with it.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I'm like, still happy with the performance of my iPhone 4 for the most part, and that gen seems to have avoided a lot of the slowdown problems my friends' phones have had. So if I can squeeze at least another year out of it that would be great.
  • I don't care about the phone part, I just want all those camera features and technology in my FUCKING CAMERA!!! Come ON, Canon, what the fuck are you doing?
    100% true.

• I hope the finger scan can be overridden with a pass code.
  • The 5C is only $100 cheaper than the 5S? Does that make it the same price as the 5?

Stateside with a contract it may seem a lot cheaper ($100 compared to $200) but the rest of the world does not subsidize the way American companies do.

Paying $550 or $650 for a new phone is not that big of a price difference at that level of the market.
  • So.... does this mean that the "good" iPhones won't be dropping to $99 with contract when they're, say, 2 years old (as a model) like they do currently? That would be bad. That's how I keep my wife in iPhones. If these cheap plastic ones are gonna fill that slot and bump the others up... not happy. I guess we'll see.
  • The 5C is only $100 cheaper than the 5S? Does that make it the same price as the 5?

Stateside with a contract it may seem a lot cheaper ($100 compared to $200) but the rest of the world does not subsidize the way American companies do.

Paying $550 or $650 for a new phone is not that big of a price difference at that level of the market.
    Yeah, that's not a cheap phone by any means; the price should hardly be the main reason people buy it given options like the LG Nexus 4 and (soon) Nexus 5.

I guess people who simply want a smaller phone might still go for the 5C to save $100, but on the whole it seems to me that the main selling point of the 5C is supposed to be the colours.
  • You can get the GM release of ios7 pretty easily right now if you want. Runs really well on a 4s. A couple of the new Apple icons are really terrible now ahaha.
  • The new Apple icons make it look like they are running Samsung Touchwiz UI.

Man, that case though with the 5C, I can't wait to sell my iPhone 5 to get a pink iPhone with a lemon case, then all I need is a Rainbow Dash lock screen.
  • I want the tech of the 5s but the plastic case of the 5c.

Actually, my 4s is doing just fine, so I think I'll just wait for the 6.
  • I want the tech of the 5s but the plastic case of the 5c.

Actually, my 4s is doing just fine, so I think I'll just wait for the 6.
    Same, only replace 4s with 5.
  • So you're NOT going to get a gold bar?
  • So you're NOT going to get a gold bar?
    Unless it was real gold at the same price, that is not the color I would ever choose.
  • So... Did someone at Apple wake up and say, "People keep putting putting our phones in plastic cases, why don't we do that?"

• So... Did someone at Apple wake up and say, "People keep putting putting our phones in plastic cases, why don't we do that?"

I think they said, "Fuck, people never see our beautiful phone because these morons keep covering them in stupid cases. Well, we can't stop them, so let's make a case they can see through and make some cash."

• I actually laughed out loud while watching the livestream when they showed the golden 5S. It just looks hilarious to me.

It must be an "it's not for you" situation, right? I mean, this has to appeal to some other cultural segment that is not me. Like the people in shopping malls who pay to have fake jewels encrusted on their phones. Maybe even foreign cultures where you want to flash around your gold bar. Who knows.
  • I actually laughed out loud while watching the livestream when they showed the golden 5S. It just looks hilarious to me.

It must be an "it's not for you" situation, right? I mean, this has to appeal to some other cultural segment that is not me. Like the people in shopping malls who pay to have fake jewels encrusted on their phones. Maybe even foreign cultures where you want to flash around your gold bar. Who knows.
    You may have heard of this place called China?

Till this day still my favourite phone. No ones covering you up my sweetness.
  • What's it like living in 2002?
  • I think they said, "Fuck, people never see our beautiful phone because these morons keep covering them in stupid cases. Well, we can't stop them, so let's make a case they can see through and make some cash."
    As long as they keep offering it, I will continue making/using the cross-stitch case.

I went to a swap meet and the crappy iPhone vendor was really trying to peddle his wares and saw me looking at my phone. He tried asking what kind of case I had and pushing that he had really unique products. I was like, "It's custom. I'm pretty sure your products aren't as unique as mine.".

He saw it and realized I wasn't lying and then continued trying to sell his wares to others.
  • edited September 2013
    What's it like living in 2002?
    I've been forced to upgrade since I can't replace the battery anymore. The only benefits of a smartphone now are having email and whatsapp.

Everything else is redundant. What I miss having is direct remote control of my PC via bluetooth, for when I'm watching films.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • The only benefits of a smartphone now are having email and whatsapp.

Everything else is redundant...
    The killer aps of smartphones are:

1. Email
    2. ALL other forms of communication
    3. GPS + maps + navigation

Those are more important than all other functions of a phone (e.g., talking via phone numbers)

• edited September 2013
    Forgot about GPS, I rarely use it, since I know where I'm going 99.9% of the time.

Other forms of commuication? If I'm out, SMS and whatsapp covers everyone. I can live without tweets and facebook check-ins.

Actually, the one thing that has actually improved my life due to smart phones is the calendar.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Forgot about GPS, I rarely use it, since I know where I'm going 99.9% of the time.
    99.9% of the time I use GPS, I also know where I'm going. But I don't use it to find out where I'm going, instead it allows me to get me other information along the way or record where I've been for various purposes.