This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Godus

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Looks fun but I was thinking that it might get boring when I was watching Molyneux play at PAX. Might wait to see how it pans out a bit more.
    It's only 40% done right now. The part it's missing is the Minecraft aspects. I really can't sculpt up anything creative due to limited got powers.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • You guys have all actually played Populous right?
    I have played approximately waaaaaay too much Populous, and all of it was over 20 years ago.

• Anything new with Godus?
  • edited September 2013
    game looks hella interesting.... when it's gold I'll be checking it out. I kinda missed out on all the older god games but they seem cool.
    Reprisal is a modern remake of Populous.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Anyone played this shit lately?
  • Bueller?
  • I played the iPad version a short bit the day it came out. It's definitely an improvement since last I played it. Not sure if it's something really worth investing a lot of time into.
  • meh, it's a time waster right now. it's still not feature complete. I'm pretty sure their on their 3rd iteration of how to unlock powers and how villages operate. The realtime aspects of the game are quite annoying, I'm on a 3 day timer right now to unlock one the next area and really I'd like to just get in there and get going, but I have to wait for this timer to tick down.

That said, I've wasted a good 30 or 40 hours in this game. It's something to do when I just want to level mountain or fill in an ocean.
  • I bought it during early access and I haven't launched it yet. It looked kinda neat when he was demoing at PAX that one time but I just have other stuff that is more interesting to me usually.
  • Rym said:

Bueller?

• I saw a comment on Polygon where someone took some quotes from the article that came out to "Peter Molyneux made promises he didn't deliver on" and said "Where have I heard that before?"

Too true.
  • yup yup

It's a shame, as always. I have a feeling that Molyneux subverts every creative decision with "what if we did something like this instead". Completely disrupting the vision and progress.

From my experience with Godus, each update has been worst. Not worth your time. Even if you were to imagine a cheat mode, there's not much of anything to enjoy.

The game restricts powers for no real reason. There's an emphasis on clicking infinitely and collecting junk stickers (micro-transactions) to 'progress'.

This game needs to be a sandbox, but there aren't enough toys to play with.

The tutorial will just make you mad. Shouldn't need a tutorial anyway, it should just be intuitive. It's not a complicated "game".
  • RymRym
    edited February 2015
    Godus is dead.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • So, basically, Peter Molyneux over-promised and under-delivered. Well, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
  • Yeah it's very out of character for him.
  • I can certainly see why nobody expected something like this to happen, it's completely unprecedented.
  • Yeah. Godus was going to change games forever. It was going to change man.
  • Where's the like button
  • edited February 2015
    I think the complexity means that there isn't much depth to these things. Does that make sense? If you could change too much, the whole system would break. So the player is limited to what they can do, and then feel like there is too much happening without them.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • I think the complexity means that there isn't much depth to these things. Does that make sense?

Yeah, it really does. Like they're were both a different axes on a four axis chart, that sort of thing.
  • Godus looked bad from the beginning. The high concept was the only good thing. Zoomed in, it was a bunch of busywork clicks and generic terraforming.
  • As a player, I actually didn't need anymore levels of interactions, other than the god powers that were available in the beginning.

It would have to been better to have more systems that interacted with each, and evolved on their own.

Kind of like SimCity (2013). So rather than be about click 1 million times, it would be about, do you intervene, or is it interesting enough to see what happens left alone.