This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - Saltybet

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Well designed loot and character leveling is a system that lets the player change how the game is played. End goal has a tendency to be irrelevant in games that focus on character building, it's more about building your own kind of game out of the available pieces. I remember loot and leveling being decent in BL, but it's partially obfuscated by also being based on a fairly simple FPS game.

e: Tho I do get the thing where it would probably just be better if you could pre-build a character without the need for leveling. Like have access to all the skills and make the character however you want. I can't think of a videogame that lets you do this off the top of my head (except for Jedi Academy multiplayer), but it would personally give me all the enjoyment of building a character w/out taking up a shitload of my time.
    Post edited by johndis on
  • HOW IS EVERY DREAM WINNING?
  • HOW IS EVERY DREAM WINNING?
    MISTAKES ALL NIGHT
  • edited September 2013
    Mike Tyson vs Mike Tyson. Prediction: Mike Tyson wins.
    ▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▒▒█▒░░░░▄▄▄▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▄ ▒█▒░░░░░▄▀▀▄▄░░░░▒▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒█ █▒▀▄▄▒░░██▄▄▄█░░▒██▄▄█▒▒▒▒▒▒█ █▒▒░▄▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ █▒░░█▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄▒▒▄▀▀▀▄█ █▒░░▀█▄█▀▀▄░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒█▒▒█ ▒█▒░░░▀█▄▄█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀█▀██▒▒█ ▒▒█▒░░░░▀██▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄██▒▒▒▒█▄ ▒▒▒█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Did they increase the level for the mines? Because I'm going to $20 but the about page still says $10. Also the payout system is kinda glitched and shortchanged me a $700+ dream.
  • Man you guys talking about early Warhammer shit in the beginning of the cast reminds me of how totally fucking rad early Warhammer stuff is.
  • I am very happy that I skipped this thread until today.
  • I get $40 from the mines. I think it goes up over time.
  • You "level up" the more matches you bet on. This increases your mine-payout.
  • Gaben should be a fighter in Salty; his only attack is a stream of hats pouring from his mouth.
  • Three attacks: hats, sales falling from the sky, and a tidal wave of money.
  • Finally listened to this episode. I don't get where the Borderlands conversation comes from, since Scrym mentioned it once and it was just stating how Borderlands/Diablo 2 are better than Diablo 3.

As much as I love Borderlands 2, grinding is core to advancing in the game. I felt that you need to do all the side-missions to get far enough. I think this because of how death works in the game, where you just feel frustrated or ill-equipped to deal with stronger enemies. But this is still miles better than Diablo 3 where it's all about exploring the entire map for grinding/money purposes and leveling up. Bigger emphasis on getting good gear and preparing for hard mode.

But yes, SaltyBets is fun. It makes me there is an underground Australian SaltyBet betting ring.
  • This is IT! The big one!

http://challonge.com/shakerclassic10

Sailor Uranus is taking it.

• I wanna be the saltiest, like no one ever was
    To pick them is my real test, to get bucks is my cause
    SaltyBet!
    Never bet DBZ, and the chat always lies
    Potato match, not again
    Need to stay out of the mines
    SaltyBet!
    What's this song? Darude sandstorm
    The dream is alive
    Waifu beats the mexibeam
    Now it's tournament time!
    Gotta get some salt, SaltyBet!
  • This tourney needs some IRC. Meet me there.
  • Just when I thought things could never get any more real.
  • I'm sad that Sol dropped. He's closest thing I have to main in GG and the version that was in the tournament seemed to be a good copy. Other than some possible speed boost, his moves and combos seemed to be stuff that one could see in a real Guilty Gear match.
  • Fucking Silver Samurai vs. Motonari. What a match.
  • edited September 2013
    Realer than i^2.

They're doing some final match thing. Rare Akuma vs. some waifu. A rematch?

That was weird. Neither did much damage despite launching supers nonstop. The little waifu won, but that seemed to be the point.

And now Dark Donald vs. her.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Hilarious intro video followed by a rapid series of explosions.
  • So neither of these two can really do damage to the other...
  • Spoke too soon.
  • edited September 2013
    I saw this guy before. He just wins, like 2 seconds into the fight.

Apparently not against Dark Donald though.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Dark Donald's real power seems to be his constant infinite heal. Not sure what can possibly beat that.
  • Plus these joke characters seem to be invincible, at least some of the time.
  • I just enjoy watching that dude dance in between fights
    "Hoh yeah"
  • I just enjoy watching that dude dance in between fights
    "Hoh yeah"
    That's Duane from Barbie Dance Club.

• Just came up with this analogy and blew my own mind.

Madonna:Hatsune Miku::Muhammad Ali:Rare Akuma
  • edited September 2013
    Forgot to bet waifu -> salt mines. Bet hit box, didn't bet robot, bet the dream -> ALL THE MONIES!!! Remembered to bet waifu -> mexibeam fake potato whatever -> salt mines.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on