This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Keep me signed in please, forum.

edited April 2014 in Forum Stuff
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but the forum keeps logging me out after every few clicks I make.

EDIT: Now it's starting to log me out AFTER I JUST LOGGED BACK IN.
Post edited by Daikun on

Comments

• The main page is doing it for me on occasion. Might be a cookie-reading issue, or the forum throwing cached pages for anonymous users at us.
  • Same. Must be some weird error that's happening RIGHT NOW.
  • The main page is doing it for me on occasion. Might be a cookie-reading issue, or the forum throwing cached pages for anonymous users at us.

I'm getting a lot of 502s and a handful of 503s. I think it might be the same problem that another Vanilla-hosted forum I use was getting recently - not much Scott can do about it, other than report it to Vanilla.

• Churba said:

The main page is doing it for me on occasion. Might be a cookie-reading issue, or the forum throwing cached pages for anonymous users at us.

I'm getting a lot of 502s and a handful of 503s. I think it might be the same problem that another Vanilla-hosted forum I use was getting recently - not much Scott can do about it, other than report it to Vanilla.

• The forum forgets I am logged in when I open a thread. When I refresh it remembers.
  • edited April 2014
    Look a thread that already mentions it! http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/discussion/7416/upgrade-to-vanilla-2#latest

Doesn't solve anything, but seriously creating another new thread?

Seems the forum is wonky. Meh. It'll be fixed hopefully soon.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I have never seen any of these problems, FWIW.
  • It's a frequent complaint here, though. It's happened to me before, although a page refresh usually logs me back in. It's like my session gets interrupted or my cookie is ignored for just one page render, intermittently.
  • edited April 2014
    Churba said:

The main page is doing it for me on occasion. Might be a cookie-reading issue, or the forum throwing cached pages for anonymous users at us.

I'm getting this and the frequent log out issue recently. If I can help report the issue, just point me where to do so. And as it turns out, when I tried to post this message initally, I got a 503 Guru Meditation. Here's a screenshot.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • HMTKSteve said:

The forum forgets I am logged in when I open a thread. When I refresh it remembers.

Oh huh, that exact same thing just happened to me.
  • Yeah, I'm occasionally getting that same issue; I've also gotten at least one 502.
  • edited April 2014
    Well, apparently paying for Vanilla isn't all that great since their IT is sucky. We can switch once our contract runs out in under a year. We just need something to switch to...

I think it might be feasible to take the database from this forum, run it on the open source vanilla code, and put it in archive mode. Then start a new blank forum on different software.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Nooooooooooo.....
  • I might be willing to attempt learning more MySQL by trying to translate the database in that case.
  • I might be willing to attempt learning more MySQL by trying to translate the database in that case.

I can already do it. I just don't have time for that.
  • Hence why I volunteered.
  • From Vanilla: We have diagnosed the issue & are working on the solution. Latest updates at: http://status.vanillaforums.com/
  • Having the same log in issues but it's only when I'm on the mobile site on my phone. Also when I try to switch to full site nothing happens.