This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Today I Learned...

13»

Comments

• This R Zone?

Technically this one

• Are you sure that hat device isn't used for torture? Red light ona yellow background gives me a headache thinking about it
  • This R Zone?

• Dubyaz said:

Are you sure that hat device isn't used for torture? Red light ona yellow background gives me a headache thinking about it

It did not have a yellow background, those are the simulated images. It was in face aclear background that is worse than the virtual boy.
  • Well maybe not today, but..

real news is found on the web

• Isn't RT paid for by the Russian government though?
  • Isn't RT paid for by the Russian government though?

Yep.
  • Yeah, it's basically propaganda.
  • Today I learned that catnip is a natural insect repellant.
  • Bit if you plant it: cats. Thousands of em.
  • Planting catnip in May is the only way to get kittens in June.
  • UncleUlty said:

Today I learned that catnip is a natural insect repellant.

I've heard that as well, so I put some in my garden, only to find that ants started farming aphids ON the catnip.
  • Might already be known but

TIL that colors matter a lot. Particularly Red and Blue.

• edited June 2015
    Dubyaz said:

Might already be known but

TIL that colors matter a lot. Particularly Red and Blue.

How come black belts will almost always beat red belts?? HA! Take that science!
    Post edited by Alaric728 on
  • edited July 2015
    So, I just learned that PayPal is splitting from eBay. And this was announced last September.

Why didn't I hear about this until just now?
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Could have been that no one thought it was surprising enough to bring up. Everyone knew it was going to eventually happen.
  • Daikun said:

So, I just learned that PayPal is splitting from eBay. And this was announced last September.

Why didn't I hear about this until just now?

If you have a Paypal or Ebay account you were notified by email as soon as it became public knowledge (in September).
  • TIL Sexy Beach is the name of a video game series.... I am saddened by this knowledge.
  • Today I learned that some hospitals don't do prostate screening anymore. The reasoning is that if you have it, you are going to die with it, but from some other medical issue instead.
  • Incredible thing I learned: When El Salvador converted a bunch of M35 trucks into machine-gun platforms, the troops called them "Mazingers" after the anime.

How cool is that.
  • しゅうじん = prisoner
    しゅじん = husbando
  • Pegu said:

しゅうじん = prisoner
    しゅじん = husbando

Kind of.