This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• My school's team (East Carolina Pirates) just beat Virginia Tech and West Virginia and I designed the logo and the shirts for my dorm.
  • I just slew a paper wasp nest at great personal risk ^_~
    How many of those wasps' nests have you destroyed Rym? If you've killed a lot, You should now be called: Rym the Beemurderer.
  • I was sniping on TF2 and I had this shot all lined up for this heavy's head, so I shot then this dead spy just appeared out of nowhere.
    And it was headshot.
  • I cleared a pond of the floating trash using some branches with a friend, and it was awesome.

I also beat Through the Fire and Flames on expert in Guitar Hero again, and that was also awesome.

I dismantled a DVD player with the same friend from the first thing in order to free my Cowboy Bebop disc, and that too, was awesome.

That's all I can think of for the moment. ^^
  • I just finished textual analysis of Hansel and Gretel for english class. I'm not sure if it fits the guidelines of a textual analysis, but I tore it to shreds! =)
    Link!
  • edited September 2008
    I took a poop. God, did it feel great!
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I finished some art. At the expense of studying for a fairly important exam.

Hmmmmm.
  • I've got my first 1000+ people gig in a few days..
  • I am penciling the first chapter of my comic.
  • I am me, I think that’s awesome enough. ^_^
    I also just proved false memories to my parents because my dad had one and it was proved that his memory couldn't have happened.
    Yet another step in my conquest to drag them into the real world.
  • I started to paint on canvas with acrylic and it felt fucking awesome.
  • I played the Italian Concerto at 96 BPM!

I climbed 7 V3-3+ boulder problems.

Of course, even if you can do things, it doesn't mean you are doing them well.
  • I installed gentoo, and learned a shit-ton about my computer (and linux). I also fixed my laptop, which had been giving me trouble for the past week.

I got a job, finally. While it isn't as good as the job that fell through (Desktop Support, fulltime, in downtown Rochester), it'll allow me to continue maintaining my lifestyle. Living expenses are cheap enough here that I can go down and visit this girl in Princeton fairly frequently. There are the inklings of a possible relationship, and I'm optimistic about it.

I also found out that RIT has $230 on my debit. This is odd, because I still haven't paid anything to them. Food in the commons isn't that bad, at least compared to Gracies.

I'm joining Computer Science House this year, and hopefully I'll be on their floor next year (when I finally attend RIT). I go to my first RWAG meeting soon, as well as Anime and Kendo clubs. I look forward to them. I learned what bus stop Millennium Games is, and I plan to go there as well.

Even though I currently have $12 in my checking account, I think I'll manage to get in the green soon, and then live the awesome geek life. I should potentially be making $2000 a month after rent, bills, food, and the like. Basically, things are looking up.
  • I've gotten closer and closer to my family. I'm content. ^_^
  • I'm joining Computer Science House this year
    Watch out. For the entire time we were there, CSH was basically worthless. They hated Scott after he wrote something scathing about them, and overall they were very insular and rude. Of course, things might have changed in the last few years, but be warned nonetheless. ^_~
    Watch out. For the entire time we were there, CSH was basically worthless. TheyhatedScott after he wrote something scathing about them, and overall they were very insular and rude. Of course, things might have changed in the last few years, but be warned nonetheless. ^_~
    In all my 5 years at RIT there was only ever one good person from CSH. He ended up making JQuery, and he now works for Mozilla/Firebug. Everyone else from CSH I ever ran into was a douche.

I scathed them freshman year, but in my fourth year they still remembered me. One guy called me out after a Computer Graphics 1 class. It was pretty funny.
    Watch out. For the entire time we were there, CSH was basically worthless. TheyhatedScott after he wrote something scathing about them, and overall they were very insular and rude. Of course, things might have changed in the last few years, but be warned nonetheless. ^_~
    In all my 5 years at RIT there was only ever one good person from CSH. He ended up making JQuery, and he now works for Mozilla/Firebug. Everyone else from CSH I ever ran into was a douche.

I scathed them freshman year, but in my fourth year they still remembered me. One guy called me out after a Computer Graphics 1 class. It was pretty funny.
    I imagine that "conflict" ended in a really bloody way, where most of the damage was dealt by you. Either that, or the guy wussed out.
  • I imagine that "conflict" ended in a really bloody way, where most of the damage was dealt by you. Either that, or the guy wussed out.
    The class ended, and everyone who had business with the professor went up to talk to him, as is typical. I went up, and this other guy standing next to me just started talking smack. I believe he said something along the lines of "I know you! You caused us in CSH a lot of trouble! Asshole!" Keep in mind this was three years after the original incident, and I hadn't heard of it since. He talked his smack while leaving the classroom. I just stood there and conducted my business. By the time I left the classroom, he was gone.
  • I've been podcasting for a year now. Birthday yay!
  • I fucked up at work and didn't get fired! Boo yah!

Seriously. Worst. Weekend. Of. My. Life.
  • Haha, I'll keep that in mind. In other news, I now have about 2 Terabytes of hard drive space between my desktop, laptop, and external drives.
  • 19:04 from base to summit. I think I'm nearing my limit. ^_^
    Measure is unceasing.
    Measure is unceasing.
    Just to get an idea: how long is this trail, and what's the height difference?
  • Benched pressed 230lbs for 3 times today ^_^ Drinkin' a beer. Eatin' a steak.
  • I cleaned the messiest apartment ever! HARD WORK!
  • I jumped out of a plane and didn't die or shit my jumpsuit - Sweeeeet!
  • I'm actually understanding what's going on in my chem class now! Whooo!
  • Holy shit, this week has been crazy.

First, I met this girl at RIT, and we hit it off. She's an animation major. Coincidently, she has been a huge fan of Aido for a long time, and came to RIT because of her. I came because of Scrym and their fantastic tales of the school. I'd just like to thank the Front Row Crew for being, well...

You guys are "that which comes before." Because of your awesomeness, I have come together with her and some other people, and we are on our way towards becoming awesome geeks ourselves.

Thanks, FRC.

(Also, I found $40 in a folded shirt. Yay!)
  • edited September 2008
    Kick ass! That's awesome!

(Someone came to RIT because of Aido (o_O)? I must tell her.)

p.s. Animation girls are HOT. Awww, yeah.
    Post edited by gomidog on