This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Michael Moore's Slacker Uprising

edited September 2008 in Movies
I have never seen a Michael Moore movie before this one, and I have to say that I want to see more. This movie rang true to me and I just want to spread the word that it exists.
Also:
Michael MooreI'm giving you my blanket permission to not only download it, but also to email it, burn it, and share it with anyone and everyone (in the U.S. and Canada only). I want you to use 'Slacker Uprising' in any way you see fit to help with the election or to do the work that you do in your community. You can show my film in your local theater, your high school classroom, your college auditorium, your church, union hall or community center. You can have your friends and neighbors over to the house for a viewing. You can broadcast it on TV, on cable access, on regular channels or on the web. It's completely free -- I don't want to see a dime from this. And if you want, you can charge admission or ask for a donation if it's to raise money for a candidate, a voter drive, or for any non-profit or educational purpose. In other words -- it's yours!
This man has some balls, not only to make the movie and the other movies he has made but also to make this movie available for free both on the website, but also on Amazon, iTunes, an other sites.
Official Website.

Comments

• I'll have to check it out. I found many of Micheal Moore early works to be very interesting and entertaining. I have yet to see Sicko.
  • I don't like Micheal Moore much, but it's hard to beat free.
  • Micheal Moore is a person I feel conflicted about. On the one hand his movies are entertaining, on the other he presents arguments in a very politician like manner. He distorts facts, uses bad or sometimes outright wrong studies/data. He’s loud and proud and when you see his material on first glance it seems valid, but upon closer inspection allot of things don’t hold up. This most notably occurred in Sicko.

I know that’s not the best link to prove my point it just came up quickly in a google search. Im at work I don’t feel like digging up 100 sources showing the horrible things he did in this movie but, I assure you, the American public health care system is NOT as bad as the movie represents. It appears to be less efficient then other countries, but it’s not a travesty by any measure.
  • I am getting one for my university library since it is free :P
  • I really want to show it at the Student Centre here, but I don't have the manpower to hold such an event and promote it. I would also have it be an Obama rally to kill two birds with one stone.
  • Once again the download is only available in America.
    Torrent?
    Just lie, how are they gonna know? I doubt they'll hunt you down.
    Just lie, how are they gonna know? I doubt they'll hunt you down.
    They check your IP when you want to download.
    Once again the download is only available in America.
    Torrent?
    Since it's available for free in the US the torrents that distribute the movie are really slow.
    edited September 2008
    Once again the download is only available in America.
    *facepalm* Free, but with restrictions. And of course there are no Michael Moore 'fans' outside the US. I wonder why those lawyers said not to allow free downloads outside the US.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I torrented it but I got pulled over the table and only got a version that was about an hour long. It cuts out shortly after Tom Morello's song. However, so far the movie has been great and I can't fathom how far people will go to take away the freedom of speech.
  • I torrented it but I got pulled over the table and only got a version that was about an hour long. It cuts out shortly after Tom Morello's song. However, so far the movie has been great and I can't fathom how far people will go to take away the freedom of speech.
    I noticed that a few torrents were incomplete.. Maybe a forum user could upload a full version? ^^
  • No, but I got to bypass it and download it now from Moore's site. I'm using a VPN client (HotSpot Shield) that gives me an american IP address. Through this I can also finally watch Hulu.
  • No, but I got to bypass it and download it now from Moore's site. I'm using a VPN client (HotSpot Shield) that gives me an american IP address. Through this I can also finally watch Hulu.
    I use Linux so I would just have to find and use a proxy, but I just can't be bothered.
  • edited September 2008
    I might add that if he was so concerned about getting this film out to the people, why not just slap a creative commons attribution non-commercial, no derivative works license on it?
    Post edited by Churba on
    I use Linux so I would just have to find and use a proxy, but I just can't be bothered.
    Or you could just right-click and save as on this link. It goes to the mp4 on hypernia.
  • Micheal
    Micheal
    Micheal
    Micheal
    Micheal
    Seriously, guys?
  • Seriously, guys?
    The funny part is I spelled it right initially but changed it because I figured everyone else had it right :-p
  • Seriously, guys?
    The funny part is I spelled it right initially but changed it because I figured everyone else had it right :-p
    ROFL......
  • There, I fixed it.
  • Seriously, guys?
    Heh, I just didn't remember the spelling of the guys name and copied it also. So Starfox, Li_Akahi is to blame, not us.
  • Yes, and I am a horrible person. I have always seen the name spelled "Micheal," so that was my mistake.
  • Micheal
    Micheal
    Micheal
    Micheal
    Micheal
    Seriously, guys?
    I can never remember. I shall refer to the man in question as Mike Moore from hence forth.
  • It's easy to remember if you speak german, because we got the same given name (fit to german phonetics of course), but the a and the e are pronounced separately.
  • It's easy to remember if you speak german, because we got the same given name (fit to german phonetics of course), but the a and the e are pronounced separately.
    Oh, I know how to spell the proper name. This however is a US resident we're talking about. Idiots call their children stuff like "Diemont", "Dyemunt", and that sort of misspelled idiotic names. I bet there's a Micheal out there.
  • edited September 2008
    You mean stupid names like Track, Trig, Bristol, Piper or Willow?
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • You mean stupid names like Track, Trig, Bristol, Piper or Willow?
    Also those. And of course their misspelled versions.
  • edited September 2008
    You mean stupid names like Track, Trig, Bristol, Piper or Willow?
    If I have a daughter, I will probably name her River, so I have nothing to say against those names.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Being unoriginal, I'd probably name my kid something like Help I'm trapped in a license factory.
    Hmmm... I wonder what the weirdest name you can get away with is.