This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• @Chubra: Data entry is incredibly boring. My sister did it and it mostly consists of taking data from paper and putting it into computers.. all day.
    This one, they E-mail you the data to put on the forms, thus why I think one could knock up something that just takes the data from the file provided and puts it into the form, automatically. Like I said, I'm still looking into it.
  • I moved tonight.
  • Kate and I got 6 Ikea Billy bookshelves from someone on Craigslist for super cheap!
    We can has buks nao!
  • I finally finished several sewing projects that I've been working on since December. I will eventually post them in the Art Attack thread.
  • edited January 2009
    I just got done unpacking from driving 800 miles across the country by myself nonstop.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I once discovered it takes exactly 856 average licks to the get the center of a Tootsie Roll pop. Thank you Thundercats for being so boring I had to multi-task.
  • My boss told me out of the blue today that I need to apply for a supervisor position immediately. I am still technically in training, but she said I needed to get my name in there.
  • I helped teach a classroom full of glassy-eyed Japanese high school first-years how to give directions in English.
  • I just finished making a badass spicy chicken noodle soup.
  • I just finished cleaning out/sorting/boxing up some of the junk that I've been needing to get rid of for a long time out of my room.
  • I just finished an experiment I designed myself with expected results!
  • edited January 2009
    I just finished an experiment I designed myself with expected results!
    Please elaborate. Was this for job, school, or hobby?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Kate and I got 6 Ikea Billy bookshelves from someone on Craigslist for super cheap!
    We can has buks nao!
    At our place we would fill them up in the same day. We have too much manga/comics/books.
  • edited January 2009
    This was work done in school. Sorry, no new discoveries to contribute to science. However, I managed to design the lab myself given some very vague information. I isolated variables that must remain consistent, measured everything including the uncertainty, and the one variable I changed formulated evidence that helped support my theory crafted through the vague information given. Oh, and C6H12 smells pretty bad.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • edited January 2009
    This was work done in school. Sorry, I no new discoveries to contribute to science. However, I managed to design the lab myself given some very vague information. I isolated variables that must remain consistent, measured everything including the uncertainty, and the one variable I changed formulated evidence that helped support my theory crafted through the vague information given.
    That's well worth congratulations. It's great that you were able to do that. Keep up the good work.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
    LOL! It's been so long since I seen that!

Anyway, I got my first gothic lolita dress today!
  • Tribes 2, Riverdance, Sniper skulking around behind the base, I speed toward him, teammate points out his position with targeting laser, ramp over a hill, split second, let off one disc, fall behind hill.. sniper dead in one shot.
    Knowing he was on full health: I managed a headshot going stupid fast in the split second I came over that hill from at least 100m away.
    Much rejoicing by myself and teammate.
  • I finished everything there is to do in Assasins Creed within 5 days. The awesome part was that I JUST finished when I looked over at the clock. It told me it was exactly 00:00.
  • @Chubra: Data entry is incredibly boring. My sister did it and it mostly consists of taking data from paper and putting it into computers.. all day.
    The first few jobs I had were data entry jobs. I found that as long as I was allowed to listen to headphones, it was a perfectly fine job. When I wasn't, it was agony.
  • I finished my panel planning yesterday. Saturday at 10pm at Katsucon I shall do The Yaoi-ing Game!
  • For the first time in my ENTIRE life... I have more bookshelves than I have books to fill them! Hurray for purging and for buying a bazillion bookshelves!
  • For the first time in my ENTIRE life... I have more bookshelves than I have books to fill them! Hurray for purging and for buying a bazillion bookshelves!
    It always impresses me when readers say this, as I've taken to storing all my unread books in a stack on the floor because there's no room for them on my double-stacked shelves.
  • The Yaoi-ing Game
    Vat iz zis "Yaoi-ing Game" of vich you speak?
  • I've lost 120 lbs since this time last year. I just hit 185 from 305 at 6'2". Wo0!
  • I've lost 120 lbs since this time last year. I just hit 185 from 305 at 6'2". Wo0!
    Congrats! I bet you look like a skinny bean pole now. :P
  • edited June 2009
    Kinda I guess! I still got some chunk to me but I'm not sure if it'll ever go away. I can still put on the weight too. I went to Hawaii for two weeks and put 15 lbs back on just from fish, fruit, and beach drinks. It'll never go away.

This is me from my annual Rocking New Years Eve party where we do Guitar Hero and Rock Band (thus the microphone). The first is from 12/31/2007 before I started and the second is me at 12/31/2008 at 185 (before the vacation bump). Seeing the before picture there was one of the many reasons I decided it was time to change.

Post edited by cosmicenema on
  • That's freaking awesome. Seriously, good for you. It's amazing how certain perspectives in your life can change from weight loss. What have you noticed so far?
  • Congratulations cosmic! That's a hell of a lifestyle change to make.
  • What have you noticed so far?
    I don't snore any more (the wife loves that). My body doesn't hurt. I have more energy because I sleep better. The biggest one is the way people act and talk around me. 'Oh gosh I'm so fat' comments are common in small talk and I never really realized it before. It's kind of sad but I really feel more respected in many situations. The social currency of being not-fat is subtle but significant.