This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I know Blambot. It's awesome!

Today I made broccoli and cheddar soup for the first time. It worked out and everyone loved it. I'm so happy and full.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2009
    I GOTS ME A JOB AT LOCAL TV STATION!!!! Sorry for all caps, but I'm so over ecstatic even after 7 hours after hearing I got the job and I cannot wait to start on my first day!!!!!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • What position have you got? Make sure to impress upon them the importance of the coming Internet media revolution.
  • What position have you got? Make sure to impress upon them the importance of the coming Internet media revolution.
    I forgot to tell the story of how I got this job as it involves a moral that is extremely important to anyone who is in the working world. I'm in school, and I've got an awesome, down-to-earth teacher, she's in her early fifties and she's been teaching for about 30 years. She notices that I talk a lot with my friends about film and all other related things. One day, I'm about to leave her class to head to my next one and she wants to talk to me. I talk to her and she basically says that she notices that I've like film a lot and I've talked about how I want to get into the business by like starting out on TV production. She tells me that the local tv station is looking for some people to work with them and she says that she taught the current owner of the local TV station when he was a student here! Now this just stuns me and she says that someday she'll introduce me to him. A few weeks later, such a thing does happen and I meet with the owner. We hit off real well as he is a pretty cool guy who has a near-perfect balance of seriousness and coolness, and he tells me that he would like it if I could start off as an intern there (since I didn't completed my comm. service at that point) and he'll see where it goes. So I work there for a few weeks and my comm. service is completed. As I'm about to leave, he calls me into his office and offers me a full time job due to my outstanding work there. I'm speechless and I say in somewhat of a stutter "y-y-y-yes sir. I would gladly take a job." Now I'm one of the many editors there and I do maybe 1/3 of editing there.
    The moral of this story is that it depends on who you know as either great fortune or great misfortune will come to you. At first I didn't believe it when I heard that, but now I'm a believer.
  • That's awesome! Good luck!
  • After hearing very little from jobs, and that little issue with the Sport Cafe bar, I've finally got some interviews coming in - 42 the Calls hotel yesterday (Interview went really well, it's a night manager position), Anthony's (Bartender at a high-class Italian Resturant with an attached bar) and I'm on the 6 person shortlist for a position as a PA for a Marketing CEO. OORAH!
  • Best of luck man, I just hope the world doesn't conspire against you again.
  • Best of luck man, I just hope the world doesn't conspire against you again.
    Something is starting to smell funny about the PA position....Investigating.
  • W00t! I got the awesome web startup job I wanted. Things are beginning to look up. Hopefully soon I'll be able to afford an apartment, and then I can get the Geekhaus plans rolling.
  • A web startup job? What am I supposed to imagine with that? You help people start websites? Awesome though, don't forget the bunker.
  • For someone so tech savvy, I assumed you would know what a tech startup is.

For example, I work at a startup. Google it (^_^)
  • For someone so tech savvy, I assumed you would know what a tech startup is.

For example, I work at a startup. Google it (^_^)
    I know what a startup company is. However, 'web startup' is rather broad. Hence my question as to what the fuck Yosho now does.

Should I have written the joking part of my previous post as "You help people startup the web?"
  • Should I have written the joking part of my previous post as "You help people startup the web?"
    Yeah, in the winter time, he has to go out 10 minutes early to warm up the Inter-Tubes before he runs them.
  • Otherwise, they get clogged with congealed troll fat.
  • W00t! I got the awesome web startup job I wanted. Things are beginning to look up. Hopefully soon I'll be able to afford an apartment, and then I can get the Geekhaus plans rolling.
    Congrats matey.
  • Haha. We're actually rolling out a teleconferencing product right now. It's pretty cool, but it's still in early, early beta. In fact...

Scrym/Thaed, I would love it if we could talk about audio stuff sometime soon. We've got something we might be able to use your assistance (paid) on.
  • I don't know if it qualifies as a "Boo Yah" moment but I felt like that inside when I completed an emergency Caesarian Section in less than 45 minutes.
  • Nice, sk0pe!
  • After a ruined copy and a two month hiatus, I finally finished reading The Warrior Prophet.
  • edited March 2009
    I've had four job interviews and three offers in the last three days. Suck it economy!
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I've had four job interviews and three offers in the last three days. Suck it economy!
    Good for you! Congrats!
  • I've had four job interviews and three offers in the last three days. Suck it economy!
    And he'll be making more money in college than I am several years after graduating. Hooray for English degrees! Yay! I'm proud of the tyke. That's m'boy. *Tear*
  • edited March 2009
    Jason, I am going back to school to turn my Minor in English into a Major.

At least I am planning to teach. I will make a minimal salary (unless and until I get into administrating), but I will have the opportunity for growth within the career, job satisfaction, decent benefits, a good schedule, and the possibility of an early retirement. It is certainly better than my B.A. in Theatre and a Minors in English and Philosophy. Just after I graduated I was offered an internship at the best theatre in my area. While the job would have been great and probably turned into a permanent position, they were offering me a $14,000.00 stipend. If the work schedule allowed for a part time job, that would have been fine, but 60-70 hour work weeks for a pittance until I was given a permanent position was just not feasible. I don't regret my first degree. Who knows? I may use it later on in my career. I am just saying that English degrees aren't so bad.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2009
    I got the Mother 3 Handbook after waiting since October!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!! Pics to come....soon.

EDIT: This is seriously a big deal. Due to the fact that I pre-ordered it and I get freebies that no one can get again (except in eBay auctions although you'd have to be an idiot to sell this book and it's freebies cause it looks so damn snazzy).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited April 2009
    My school is the number one performing elementary school in the Albany area on the New York State ELA tests this year with 84% of 3rd graders scoring a 3 or a 4 on the tests.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited April 2009
    My school is the number one performing elementary school in the Albany area on the New York State ELA tests this year with 84% of 3rd graders scoring a 3 or a 4 on the tests.
    Congratulations.

Curious: I know it's not strictly relevant to your grade level, but is New York still using the Regents track? And do you think it is a beneficial educational method?
    Post edited by Jason on
    Beef wellington...DONE.

First time ever making it, and I made two in one night for a dinner party. It was fucking delicious. Bottom pastry was a little too soggy, but I know what happened there.
  • Beef wellington...DONE.
    That looks amazing.
  • Wow, That looks really good. I remember when Ctrl-Alt-Chicken showed how to make that.
  • This event will be put into both this thread and the Fail of Your Day thread as there is both a good and bad aspect about it and it is required to read both posts to get the whole story. The good aspect is that for the first time my boss at the TV station (in case most of you didn't know I work at my local TV station) let me use the NHTV (North Haven Television) Van where a good amount of equipment is when we need to film meetings and the like. It was freaking awesome 'cause I've never seen so much equipment crammed into a medium to large vehicle. I was put on audio which wasn't too bad, but it was sorta meh since not many audio problems occurred. Continued in Fail Thread.