This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pet Photos

Comments

• You're joking, right? Your mom doesn't really think he is gay, right?
    I can't really tell whether she's joking or not. I hope that it is just a running joke, but I can never be too sure when it comes to my mom.
    Wacky moms can make great fodder for popular novels that get turned into films.
  • Attack of the Killer Humping Rabbits VI?
  • I want a kitty. Alas, I am doomed to non-fulfillment, as I am allergic to cats. And those hypoallergenic kitties are rarely found in shelters, which is the only place I would get a fuzzy pet.
  • I want a kitty. Alas, I am doomed to non-fulfillment, as I am allergic to cats. And those hypoallergenic kitties are rarely found in shelters, which is the only place I would get a fuzzy pet.
    Puppy? Bunny? Tribble?
  • Chinchilla?
  • Furby?
  • Furby?
    Pets, not satanic creatures.
  • Chinchilla
    Warning: Chinchillas use pee as a weapon. They will stand up and piss all over you if they feel threatened.

However, they are very soft and poofy, and quite hilarious to watch.
    Puppy? Bunny? Tribble?
    I will definitely go with a puppy once I can afford it and have a stable home environment. The main problem with dogs is that while a cat can be left alone for a weekend and use the litter box, a dog must have someone come take care of it for outings and such. Right now I have neither the budget nor the time for that. Of course, I don't have the budget for ANY pet right now, since I'm starting law school in the fall. But soon...soon.
  • edited June 2009
    Chinchilla
    Warning: Chinchillas use pee as a weapon. They will stand up and piss all over you if they feel threatened.

However, they are very soft and poofy, and quite hilarious to watch.
    Why the hell didn't people tell me this before we got a dog and cat?!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Hamsters are the way to go. They will eat popcorn on a piano... while you're playing.
  • Dogs

Goats

And kitty cats.
  • I like 'dem goats.
  • edited June 2009
    Goats are so funny! They eat everything and have very pronounced personalities. If you have a big yard, goats are the way to go. No mowing!
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • That's where crop circles come from. There is a distinct correlation between where the goat is tethered and where the center of the mysterious circle.
  • Awesome dogs
    Awesome picture.
    Goats
    Brrrr goats. One rammed me in the back when I was at the age of 6 or something stupid like that.
    And kitty cats.
    KITTY!
  • Brrrr goats. One rammed me in the back when I was at the age of 6 or something stupid like that.
    Is that when you developed your love of being rammed in the backside?

*childish titter
  • Is that when you developed your love of being rammed in the backside?
    No, that came 2 years later.
  • I hate goats. Those eyes are creepy. It's like they're trying to invade me.
  • Goats are so funny! They eat everything and have very pronounced personalities. If you have a big yard, goats are the way to go. No mowing!
    You'd be surprised how picky they can be when it comes to food. If you throw them some cheap hay they'll just stare at you like "What the fuck is this? I'm not eating that". As for the pronounced personalities, you're absolutely right. The two pictured are the most ornery animals I have ever had the responsibility of feeding in my life. They're old, grumpy, and they get even older and grumpier (and slower, thankfully) when they're pregnant. Nubians are known for being temperamental, though, and they're not all bad. Just make sure you never get yourself a buck, because those things stink to high heaven when they get older.
    Awesome dogs
    Two great Pyrenees. The one on the left is like a gigantic, 200 pound puppy.
  • It's like they're trying to invade me.
    Bwaahahahahaha!
    My pitbull mix Renji

And here he is playing with a very large bone

And for good measure one more of him with the large bone

Here he is going crazy with a large empty container of cheese balls. This starts after about 10 minutes of him playing with it, and making a mess in my apartment but it's funny.
  • We went to a dachshund meet-up today. We didn't think to bring a camera.... *shudders from the sheer weight of fail*
  • To lighten up the forum tension, here is a pic of my boyfriend with Digit, pretending to eat her ear. I think the look on her face is silly.
  • The quote that follows qualifies for BIGGEST UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE MILLENIUM!
    I think the look on her face is silly.
    KITTY! :D OM NOM NOM, KITTY EARS!
  • pretending to eat her ear.
    I do that all the time with my cat. ^^
  • pretending to eat her ear.
    I do that all the time with my cat. ^^
    Everybody does that all the times with their cat(s). If you don't you're a sick, sick bastard.
  • I took an awesome photo of my cat today.

• I was hoping there was a thread like this!

I have an adorable little year-old lop named Ozymandias.

He's actually named for the character from the web comic Ozy and Millie, because we originally thought he was a girl and so his first name was Millie. When it came time to rename him, Ozymandias was pretty much the best choice we could come up with. Everyone seems to think we named him that because of Watchmen, though.
  • Booooooooooooonny!
    In Snow!

@Gunter - Your cat has a hilarious look on his face in that photo. He looks like he's going "What's all this, then?"