This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post music you have made.

Comments

• Anyone know of any really solid trackers? I'm interested in working on some mashups and beats.
    DHT. Smart people have used that for years and it's getting more wide spread. The Pirate Bay is becoming even more akin to just a search engine, just use it.
    Tracker is the generic term for a class of music sequencer software which, in its purest form, allow the user to arrange sound samples stepwise on a timeline across several monophonic channels. A tracker's interface is primarily numeric; notes are entered via the alphanumeric keys of the computer keyboard, while parameters, effects and so forth are entered in hexadecimal. A complete song consists of several small multi-channel patterns chained together via a master list.
    Things like Renoise.

• Things like Renoise.
    Renoise is awesome.
  • edited March 2010
    Spider-Pig - something i made to use in a class.

Hey Bulldog (rough instramental mix) a.k.a. clipapalosa - I was working on a full cover and this is as far as I got. Really rough mix

Dr Who Scratch - A cover I did a while ago of the Doctor Who Theme

Dr Who Scratch (the next day remix) - I changed a bit of it the next day, like the guitars at the end and I made a sting for the begining
    Post edited by Scotty_Did on
  • edited March 2010
    I had forgotten I made this.

EDIT: But I just made this. If you liked Emily's micro-audio drama "Doppelganger", you might like this.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Things like Renoise.
    jokeoverhead.jpg
    You did so well when Cheese started.
  • Back when I was playing with my old band Spaz Kitty, I'm on trombone even though it's tough to hear because the sound recordist didn't have a lot of experience with horn sections.

http://www.spazkitty.com/sktunes/spazkitty-supervillain.mp3
    http://www.spazkitty.com/sktunes/spazkitty-blue.mp3
    http://www.spazkitty.com/sktunes/SpazKitty-Bump.mp3
    http://www.spazkitty.com/sktunes/SpazKitty_TheScore.mp3
  • edited March 2010
    How You Satisfy Me - Spectrum cover

Made a finished version of what I was jamming this morning.

This is what the original song sounds like, if you're curious.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Things like Renoise.
    jokeoverhead.jpg
    You did so well when Cheese started.
    He made the joke first, I thought you were the one missing something. Apologies.
  • edited March 2010
    Oceans. I am very proud of this piece.

Also, Sail's cover of How You Satisfy me is incredible.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • I should start recording more music, I can't let myself fall behind you guys. ;P
  • edited March 2010
    Two super short loops from earlier today.

[Edit] That first one sounds a little off now that I listen to it again, I think one of my guitars was out of tune. Sounded pretty good at the time when it was blasting through my amp, though.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited March 2010
    Does it count as "making" if you've been an extra?

@3:40, I even had a line! That's a speaking part that is.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Ahaha, awesome, Timo.

And that track is way cool, Sonic!
  • And that track is way cool, Sonic!
    Thanks! It was done using Incredibox, which is pretty fun to make music on the fly with once you figure out how it starts loops (if you drop in a loop in the middle of a measure, it waits until the next one to start playing).
    Thanks! It was done usingIncredibox, which is pretty fun to make music on the fly with once you figure out how it starts loops (if you drop in a loop in the middle of a measure, it waits until the next one to start playing).
    Oh haha, I assumed you made that with your own voice. This is pretty fun, the bonuses are great.
    Thanks! It was done usingIncredibox, which is pretty fun to make music on the fly with once you figure out how it starts loops (if you drop in a loop in the middle of a measure, it waits until the next one to start playing).
    Oh haha, I assumed you made that with your own voice. This is pretty fun, the bonuses are great.
    Well now I have to try and recreate that with my own voice...
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry these are late, I'm working through this thread backwards.
    experimenting
    Whoa man, you're starting to sound a little like Black Dice.
    demo beat.
    I like this one too, it's a mix of a lot of sounds that I'm not really used to hearing together.
    Song for February - Memory/Confusion
    I like the change around 1:15. Also, that chorus is impressive. You definitely seemed a little winded after that, haha.
    Spider-Pig- something i made to use in a class.
    I lol'd.
    I had forgotten I madethis.
    Oh man, never heard someone cover a Knuckles tune from SA2 before. I dig very much.
    Post edited by Sail on
    I agree with this statement. Good way to close off the night.
  • Anyone else been in a music video? Here I am for 2 seconds.
    Song for February - Memory/Confusion
    I like the change around 1:15. Also, that chorus is impressive. You definitely seemed a little winded after that, haha.
    Yup! It'll take a much better singer than me to get through those choruses in one breath each.
  • edited March 2010
    Anyone else been in a music video?Here I am for 2 seconds.
    That's pretty rad. An ex of mine was in the crowd in System of a Down's Chop Suey video. I would've been too, but I had stuff that absolutely had to get done at work that day.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Anyone else been in a music video?Here I am for 2 seconds.
    Scott! Would it be possible to implement that #t=3m0s anchor for youtube videos posted here?
  • Scott! Would it be possible to implement that #t=3m0s anchor for youtube videos posted here?
    LEARN SOME GODDAMN HTML, YOU STUPID.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted By: Scotty_DidSpider-Pig- something i made to use in a class.
    I lol'd.

lol, thank you. I wanted to make a full longer version but I didn't have time
    Post edited by Scotty_Did on
  • I like this one too, it's a mix of a lot of sounds that I'm not really used to hearing together.
    Harmonica, beatboxing, and the incidental sounds of someone rattling dishes in the background. :P
    "The Executioners Song" - Victor Khaze Ft. Incredibox
    Ha, that's really awesome. I'll have to give this incredibox a look.
    Oceans.I am very proud of this piece.
    I'm still wrapping my head around music like this. There's something about it that's off by just a little tiny bit. It's almost like a lot of music I've heard, but tweaked in such a way that makes it very different. Pretty cool stuff.
  • Thanks, dude. Here is a cover of Suicide by Spacemen 3. Here's the original song:
  • A cover counts?
  • A wild beat appears. I think I'm getting better at this.
  • A wildbeatappears. I think I'm getting better at this.
    Love.