This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Shadow of the Colossus and Ico

I found them for around $8 and $25 respectively on P2S. Is it worth it to get them for essentially free?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I found them for around $8 and $25 respectively on P2S. Is it worth it to get them for essentially free?
    Yeah, these are some of the only two PS2 games I want to play, but I don't have a PS2. Can you believe PS2s are still $100? WTF.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yes, yes and yes! Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time and Ico isn't bad although it has it's problems.
  • It's probably a good deal, thought it might be more satisfying to wait for the HD remakes to come out for the PS3. Unless you have no PS3, in which case, they are worth it.
  • I have tried and tried to play Colossus, but I can't get past the first Colossus.

I would advise to get the game though. I enjoy it immensely, even though I can't get the hang of it.
  • It's probably a good deal, thought it might be more satisfying to wait for the HD remakes to come out for the PS3. Unless you have no PS3, in which case, they are worth it.
    PS3 is dead to me and will forever be so. I believe it may be free game time for me.
  • I still don't get Ico. I found that game very boring and tedious.
  • edited October 2010
    It's probably a good deal, thought it might be more satisfying to wait for the HD remakes to come out for the PS3. Unless you have no PS3, in which case, they are worth it.
    PS3 is dead to me and will forever be so. I believe it may be free game time for me.
    At the risk of sounding stupid, why don't you like PS3? I'm still paralyzed with inaction over the choice between PS3 and Xbox 360 Slim.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited October 2010
    It's probably a good deal, thought it might be more satisfying to wait for the HD remakes to come out for the PS3. Unless you have no PS3, in which case, they are worth it.
    At the risk of sounding stupid, why don't you like PS3? I'm still paralyzed with inaction over the choice between PS3 and Xbox 360 Slim.
    First, expense. I would rather buy a 360, a game, and a second controller than the PS3 alone.
    Second, games for PS3 tend to be ten to twenty dollars more at release, and continue to be more expensive used.
    Third, at the time of my decision, they did not have netflix.
    Fourth, Blu-Ray is going to be the beta-max of our time. DVD's are cheaper, HD-DVD players provide quality that is just fine, and we are rapidly trending towards fully digital entertainment. With Xbox's next step of including Hulu with their gold service, it makes blu-ray (and DVD for that matter) one step closer to being obsolete. Blu-Ray is not backwards compatible making every DVD I own essentially useless, meaning I'd have to re-buy everything I wanted to watch on a blu-ray player.
    Fifth, game library. There are exactly zero games that are PS3 exclusive and that I am interested in. None. Not one.
    Sixth, I have yet to see any appreciable difference on HDTV's between a blu-ray and a modern DVD or HD-DVD or any game on both it and on the 360. The professed 'zomg crazy awesome graphix, bro' don't impress me any more than the 360's do, and I feel it puts a toe into 'audiophile' territory.
    Seventh, While not as important, I don't think I know anyone who owns a PS3. If I want to play with my gamer friends, they're all on Steam or on XBL.
    The only thing that PS3 has over the Xbox is it's cheaper online service, being free. That too is changing, and will be a ten dollar a month service soon, putting it on par with Xbox Gold.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Lolwut? HD-DVD is history, bub.
  • Fifth, game library. There are exactly zero games that are PS3 exclusive and that I am interested in. None. Not one.
    God of War?
  • Fifth, game library. There are exactly zero games that are PS3 exclusive and that I am interested in. None. Not one.
    God of War?
    Photoshop?
  • edited October 2010
    The reason I have not bought either a PS3 or X-box 360 is that my PC is awesome and can play almost every X-box 360 games and I have yet to finish any of the PS2 games i have..
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • These are some of my favorite games ever. Ico might be a little harder to love than Shadow of the Collosus for a lot of people, and they both have flaws that really piss some people off, but I love 'em all the same.
  • edited October 2010
    The reason I have bought either a PS3 or X-box 360
    Is this some sort of probability wave that has yet to collapse?

I like that. I have bought either a PS3 or Xbox 360 as well. I just don't know which yet.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I like that. I have bought either a PS3 or Xbox 360 as well. I just don't know which yet.
    it's in a unlabeled box, until I open it I own both.
  • Blu-Ray is not backwards compatible making every DVD I own essentially useless, meaning I'd have to re-buy everything I wanted to watch on a blu-ray player.
    I'm confused with this statement. Blu-Ray players, the PS3 included, can play DVDs. I'm pretty sure that they also upscale DVDs, even though it's not by much.
  • Blu-Ray is not backwards compatible making every DVD I own essentially useless, meaning I'd have to re-buy everything I wanted to watch on a blu-ray player.
    I'm confused with this statement. Blu-Ray players, the PS3 included, can play DVDs. I'm pretty sure that they also upscale DVDs, even though it's not by much.
    And even if Blu-Ray players couldn't play DVDs, there's no reason you couldn't just have a DVD player in addition to your Blu-Ray player.

In reality, all physical entertainment media delivery mechanisms are obsolete. Just download that shit. If you have a DVD already, just rip it and sell the plastic while it's still worth something to somebody.
  • In reality, all physical entertainment media delivery mechanisms are obsolete. Just download that shit. If you have a DVD already, just rip it and sell the plastic while it's still worth something to somebody.
    I agree. I'm honestly way too lazy to rip my DVDs. It would take A LONG time. I also look forward to where all the media I want to consume is available to me in high quality digital format whenever I want.

I've become so accustomed to Netflix streaming that I sometimes watch movies I own on there, rather than getting up and putting the DVD in. (/lazy)
  • Second, games for PS3 tend to be ten to twenty dollars more at release
    No they aren't. They're the same price.
    Blu-Ray is not backwards compatible making every DVD I own essentially useless
    The PS3 can play DVD's.
    There are exactly zero games that are PS3 exclusive and that I am interested in. None. Not one.
    Little Big Planet? The Uncharted series?
    Sixth, I have yet to see any appreciable difference on HDTV's between a blu-ray and a modern DVD or HD-DVD
    The movies that benefit the most from Blu-Ray are animated movies, if only for the sheer amount of colour that HD can portray.
    The only thing that PS3 has over the Xbox is it's cheaper online service, being free. That too is changing, and will be a ten dollar a month service soon, putting it on par with Xbox Gold.
    Only the PlayStation Network Plus will be something that needs to be payed for. The regular PlayStation Network is going to remain the same and Plus only gets a few new things to the service.
  • edited October 2010
    @Lee:
    Price: They must have come down since I bought mine, because they were an upwards of 70-80 bucks.
    DVD's: News to me. I was told that they couldn't.
    Games: Yup. No games. LBP doesn't interest me at all. I'm not a level-builder kind of guy. Uncharted was okay, but didn't really grab me. The controls also were displeasing in the demo for Uncharted, and I got really, really tired of enemies' pinpoint accuracy nailing me through any cover I could find. Look at the list of PS3 games, like, 30% of them are sports games. Any other games I have interest in are on 360 or Steam. God of War III didn't interest me, as much fun as GoWII was. Heavenly sword looks pretty, but it's yet another walk around and hit stuff game.
    Movies: Paying significantly more money for both a system and a blu-ray dvd for only animated movies looking better doesn't justify the cost for me.
    Online Gaming: Then I misunderstood what they told me at Game Stop. But still, what good is a network on which there are no multilayer games I want to play? MAG was sort of interesting, but doesn't warrant me buying a system for one game.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • if only for the sheer amount of colour that HD can portray.
    As far as I know, there is no difference in number of colors you can see in HD vs non-HD. It's just higher resolution.
  • if only for the sheer amount of colour that HD can portray.
    As far as I know, there is no difference in number of colors you can see in HD vs non-HD. It's just higher resolution.
    Like I said...puts the toe into audiophile territory. If I can't SEE the difference, then it doesn't matter. I couldn't care less about what the statistics say.
  • I couldn't care less about what the statistics say.
    The statistics say most people can't tell the difference. Many people with HDTVs do not have an HD signal entering the TV, but they still think it's HD when it isn't.
  • PS3: Unless my Japanese really improves, not interested too much.
    XB3: I'd rather just get a better PC and play the few games I'm interested in (Limbo and such.) at other people's houses.
    Wii: Still 2 Zelda games behind and has a lot of VC games worth having.
  • has a lot of VC games worth having.
    That you can play in an emulator.
  • I'm planning on getting a PS3 this year. Partially for Blu-Ray, partially for the games. There are plenty of PS3 games that I want to play, but like my XBox, I will probably play more downloadable stuff. The fact that I will be able to port PS Classics to my PSP for no additional charge is a pretty awesome thing and it will definitely make owning a PSP more fun.

I can see where you are coming from, Adam, and it just doesn't seem like the PS3 is the system for you.
  • has a lot of VC games worth having.
    That you can play in an emulator.
    Don't have a PC on the TV.
  • For some reason whenever I stream my digitally acquired media to my TV, the PS3 does better than the 360. Windows Media Center always seems to lag, and I have it connected now via ethernet cable. The PS3 has never had this problem and it's always been wireless.

However, the 360 can stream more file types vs the PS3, but for some reason I can't view mkv files on the 360.

I bought the PS3 and 360 through my work in which I could make payments over a long period of time and with no tax or interest making it affordable for me. The PS3 is my digitally acquired media and the 360 is for my Netflix. However, the PS3's Netflix is getting upgraded soon to where it won't need a disc and will have 5.1 surround sound as well.
  • You have a PS3 AND a 360?!!

Color me jealous.
  • You have a PS3 AND a 360?!!
    Color me jealous.
    And a Wii, a DSi, and gaming capable PC. >___>

Not having children has its perks. I think I've played enough of all 3 systems to get the money's worth out of them. It is excessive to have them all, but I wanted them.