This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What does your desk look like?

Comments

• We have matching Yoshi figurines!
    We have the same Scott Pilgrim print too.
  • Having seen an Ultrasharp recently, I can say they're nice but not worth that much unless you can get one cheap second hand.
    Are you kidding? They are so cheap!
  • Having seen an Ultrasharp recently, I can say they're nice but not worth that much unless you can get one cheap second hand.
    Actually, you're right...I was thinking about getting a second proper desk monitor today, and a 21.5" Ultrasharp is $215, which is only $35 more than I paid for this 19" ASUS. Pretty good deal.
    When I bought my monitor, it was a $100+ price difference to upgrade to an UltraSharp.
  • I also have a single monitor, it is also functionally my TV as I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to as well as my desktop and I haven't used my cable box in at least a year now. I'll want to clean up around it before I take a picture though.
  • edited June 2011
    Actually, you're right...I was thinking about getting a second proper desk monitor today, and a 21.5" Ultrasharp is $215, which is only $35 more than I paid for this 19" ASUS. Pretty good deal.
    Acer G225HQ is roughly the same specs as the ultrasharp(some better, some a hair worse, some the same) and when I was looking to buy a monitor last, were about a hundred bucks cheaper than an ultrasharp of the same size.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • My desk is a god damned disaster. I'll post it later. ;^)
  • edited June 2011
    Acer G225HQ is roughly the same specs as the ultrasharp(some better, some a hair worse, some the same) and when I was looking to buy a monitor last, were about a hundred bucks cheaper than an ultrasharp of the same size.
    Yeah, I was mistaken. I'll probably just buy another ASUS or something similar. I've got another eight years before near-perfect color reproduction is something I really need. And at that point, I'll be looking for something like this.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah, I was mistaken. I'll probably just buy another ASUS or something similar.
    Nah man, Not mistaken, you just didn't know - can't call something you just didn't know a mistake.
    And at that point, I'll be looking for something like this.
    My god...I really want one of those.
  • And at that point, I'll be looking for something like this.
    My god...I really want one of those.
    I like the recumbent bike desk chair. Smart idea.
  • edited June 2011
    I only have the one monitor, even my brother has 2, i could see the use for it but it would be overkill for what I need.

I love seeing everybody's headphones are those Grados Bronzedragon?

Scott are you rocking Denons? Can't quite make it out.
    Post edited by sK0pe on

I can't get far enough back from my desk to get it all in one picture, because my tschokes span a couple file cabinets next to my actual desk.

@trogdor42: Nice shot of the fireworks over Sleeping Beauty Castle.
  • Apparently I'm the only one with a desktop PC with only one monitor.
    *Unrelated* Were you also shocked at how huge "A Drifting Life" is? I just bought a copy and when it arrived I couldn't believe the size.
  • edited June 2011
    I don't remember having much of a reaction to its size, no. The single-volume Ode to Kirihito was quite a bit bigger.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • @trogdor42: Nice shot of the fireworks over Sleeping Beauty Castle.
    You probably can't see from the picture of my screen, but it's actually a screencap of Darth Vader goes to Disneyland.
  • @trogdor42: Nice shot of the fireworks over Sleeping Beauty Castle.
    You probably can't see from the picture of my screen, but it's actually a screencap of Darth Vader goes to Disneyland.
    Ah, now I notice the three silhouettes watching Wishes. That was a fun video. (And I warn you, if you get me started talking about Disney it's hard to get me to stop. Notice the signed picture of Warwick Davis on my desk? From Star Wars Weekends at WDW, 2008.)
  • I can't get far enough back from my desk to get it all in one picture, because my tschokes span a couple file cabinets next to my actual desk.
    You, Sail, and I rule for having various figurines and plushies around our desks.
  • I agree. Most of these desks are either messy with random paper and items or are totally bare aside from the keyboard/mouse/monitor. I prefer the middle-ground, where my desk is filled, but because of deliberately placed items.
  • edited June 2011
    I agree. Most of these desks are either messy with random paper and items or are totally bare aside from the keyboard/mouse/monitor. I prefer the middle-ground, where my desk is filled, but because of deliberately placed items.
    All my collectibles are off to the side. they're relatively expensive (read limited edition) statues and I'm always scared I'll knock one over if it is on my main desk.
    I packed away all my other collectibles though because the gather dust so quickly and my 2 cats like to knock them over. The cats like to sit on the table when I'm using the computer.

Sail what is the device to the right of your monitor (has a cable coming out of it).
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • I liked this thread way better when every photo had the photo above in it.
  • I liked this thread way better when every photo had the photo above in it.
    I agree, bring back Deskception.
  • Sail what is the device to the right of your monitor (has a cable coming out of it).
    It's an audio interface.
  • I am feeling inferior to Sail and Rochelle because of my lack of a matching Yoshi figurine. So, here's a picture of part of the table behind me, where a Happy Meal toy Yoshi shows affection for a Happy Meal toy Jack Sparrow.

Bonus points if anybody can tell me what that yellow creature is.
  • I don't know that the yellow thing is, but one of my coworkers has that yoshi toy. I love the little song it plays.
  • Oh no... a Snowball... Those things overdrive like crazy.
    1. Oh no... a Snowball... Those things overdrive like crazy.

Overdrive?
  • Sweet Girl Who Leapt Through Time poster.
    1. Sweet Girl Who Leapt Through Time poster.

I picked it up at NYAF for $5 at some random anime retailer. When I changed rooms I wanted everything on the walls framed but because it is a non-standard poster size, it's the Japanese poster size, I had to have a custom frame made for it which cost $45.
  • Oh no... a Snowball... Those things overdrive like crazy.
    Overdrive?
    Yeah, they clip easy.