This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What does your desk look like?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Oh no... a Snowball... Those things overdrive like crazy.
    Overdrive?
    Yeah, they clip easy.
    Maybe you should turn the volume down?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Oh no... a Snowball... Those things overdrive like crazy.
    Overdrive?
    Yeah, they clip easy.
    Maybe you should turn the volume down?
    I bought a snowflake because I kept hearing from Snowball owners that they clip easy and that the snowflake was the way to go.
  • edited June 2011
    I bought a snowflake because I kept hearing from Snowball owners that they clip easy and that the snowflake was the way to go.
    That's not really how that works, though. It's pretty difficult to clip at the mic itself. If you tried to record a loud band with a really cheapo microphone you probably could. Blue USB mics are overpriced but, as far as I know, they shouldn't be that crappy. Clipping is almost universally solvable by just turning the gain down.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I bought a snowflake because I kept hearing from Snowball owners that they clip easy and that the snowflake was the way to go.
    That's not really how that works, though. It's pretty difficult to clip at the mic itself. If you tried to record a loud band with a really cheapo microphone you probably could. Blue USB mics are overpriced but, as far as I know, they shouldn't be that crappy. Clipping is almost universally solvable by just turning the gain down.
    *shrug*
  • I bought a snowflake because I kept hearing from Snowball owners that they clip easy and that the snowflake was the way to go.
    I haven't noticed anything but I only use it for voice, nothing extremely loud.
  • I haven't noticed anything but I only use it for voice, nothing extremely loud.
    Dynamic mics are almost impossible to overpower: your amp or recorder will max out and clip long before the microphone has any problem.

Even condensers are safe to very high volumes. 99% of the time you clip, it's the mixer/preamp/pad/recorder that's the problem.
  • My somewhat blurry desk.

• I'm totally loving the BP monitor on your desk. Hypertension is serious business to George.
  • Please reach over for me and lightly flick that Dwight bobblehead.
  • Well, I'm no longer the only person without a desktop. Still the only person whose desk isn't cool.
  • My desk is a huge chunk of wood with a laptop and monitor on it, with a nest of external hard drives and cables on one side. How is that cool?
  • My desk is a huge chunk of wood with a laptop and monitor on it, with a nest of external hard drives and cables on one side. How is that cool?
    You're Luke Burrage. Being your desk, by default, grants things to be 20% cooler.
  • You have a monitor, and cool equipment. I have a pink stapler. That's all.
    Minimalist. Excellent.
    Minimalist. Excellent.
    Eh. Not really.
  • Well, I'm no longer the only person without a desktop. Still the only person whose desk isn't cool.
    Here ya go, you can't get more ghetto than this
    That is my elementary school desk, with a beach towel as a cushion for my arms.
  • You have a compy, monitor, and Xbox controller. That's way cooler than me, I'm on the first page.
  • You have a compy, monitor, and Xbox controller. That's way cooler than me, I'm on the first page.
    I kinda like your bare essentials desk.
    I kinda like your bare essentials desk.
    I'm glad other people don't think I'm dumb, but I can't wait to replace this netbook with a desktop, get my awesome desk-space at college back, and have access to my roommate's big TV-monitor occasionally.
  • My desk is sorta embarrassing. Pics later.
  • The clean portion of my desk (About 1/3rd). Also shown: Today's food intake as of 6pm.
  • The clean portion of my desk (About 1/3rd). Also shown: Today's food intake as of 6pm.
    ... Why is there a toothbrush on your desk?
  • Bathroom doesn't have any sockets to charge it.
  • He's lying. He just likes getting the ol' brushie brushie brushie.

Hey, I remember when we got those Moon Raker Posters. Mine is still in my stuff around here somewhere.
  • edited June 2011
    I finished cleaning and rearranging the play room. I had to make space for baby things in part of the basement. Also, I needed to consolidate books to make room for more.
    Do you like my salmon-colored 1980s carpet? Do you?
    Post edited by Jason on
  • That's not salmon. That's brown. Beige at best.