This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Flea Market

Comments

• edited June 2011
    You guys may not want this stuff, but I figure why not post it here?
    We have my Gamecube. Saved up a buncha money (for a kid) to to buy it. Got a good amount of time put into it. I have the silver controller it came with, along with an Animal Crossing memory card. Works fine, and...
    I've got games to offer. All are in good condition and playable. Few scratches here and there because I got them all used from GameStop.
    I also have a few PS2 games to offer. Again, all in good, GameStop condition.
    All of this can be yours! We can trade, if you'd like. I don't have lots of boardgames, so if you want to enlighten a teen with a good game, I'd be happy. I know the stigma of DnD 'round these parts, so if you want to unload a book onto me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Honestly, I would take anything because a) I'm easily entertained, and b) I don't want this stuff in my room anymore.
    Refresh the page if the pictures are too big.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • Hmmm... Let me look for my database of books I've got and you can take your pick of em.
  • Hmmm... Let me look for my database of books I've got and you can take your pick of em.
    I hope this is directed at me, 'cause I'm giddy.
    I hope this is directed at me, 'cause I'm giddy.
    'Tis.
  • edited June 2011
    PS2 Slim. SCPH-75001. Has SwapMagic3 hax for disc swapping and running home brew, which does not void warranty. Also have GTA:SA and Splinter Cell. Full original box with all its cardboard and random papers. Also PS2 remote control and 1 memcard.

System is probably worth $50ish on eBay. No idea about the games.
    I am extremely, EXTREMELY interested in this. What RPGs are you interested in? I can go down to my local Half-Priced Books and poke around for books and modules if you'd like.

If anyone has a Memor32 PS2 modchip, I am also very interested in that.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Instead of a modchip, my PS2's got it's hard drive modded to play games from which means no damn discs to change around.
  • Instead of a modchip, my PS2's got it's hard drive modded to play games from which means no damn discs to change around.
    HDLoader?
  • HD Loader to get the process started, but then you load the exploit straight to your memory card and use an exploit with loading PS1 games to get it to activate. End result is I keep a PS1 demo disc in my PS2 and can play all my games without changing discs or worrying about the laser.
  • edited June 2011
    I've got wood for sheep. Anyone want wood for sheep? I can get you wood for sheep. Right here, right now. Wood for sheep.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited June 2011
    HD Loader to get the process started, but then you load the exploit straight to your memory card and use an exploit with loading PS1 games to get it to activate. End result is I keep a PS1 demo disc in my PS2 and can play all my games without changing discs or worrying about the laser.
    I am going to do this. Two Three questions:

1) Where should I buy HDLoader from?
    2) The PS2 uses an IDE HD, yeah?
    3) Can you point me to a decent tutorial?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I've got wood for sheep. Anyone want wood for sheep? I can get you wood for sheep. Right here, right now. Wood for sheep.
    Dude, I live in Australia. A few hours flight to the east, we have New Zealand, and they've got more Wood for Sheep than you can handle.
  • Dude, I live in Australia. A few hours flight to the east, we have New Zealand, and they've got more Wood for Sheep than you can handle.
    DUDE! Not cool. Trying to run a business here. Now that hypothetical ONE guy from Wales is going to run to you instead of me. Not cool man, not cool.
    4th is tabletop wargaming not roleplaying.
    Which is what Dungeons and Dragons was made to be. Small-scale wargaming. The roleplaying aspect doesn't need rigid rules like combat, grown people shouldn't need anything but an idea and a penny to roleplay.
  • I've got wood for sheep. Anyone want wood for sheep? I can get you wood for sheep. Right here, right now. Wood for sheep.
    Dude, I live in Australia. A few hours flight to the east, we have New Zealand, and they've got more Wood for Sheep than you can handle.
    I've got Wood for Housetrucks.
  • edited June 2011
    Default HDD addapters are IDE. This one also has an SATA --> IDE chip in it and HDLoader 8.0b has support for up to 2TB drives. You'll also want a caddy and WinHiip to transfer ISOs to the drive via USB.
    Any HD loading program will do as you're going to install 8.0b from a flash drive to memory card anyway.

I'll look up a tutorial later, not have a good time finding the one I used.

Also: Compatible games compendium.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • What RPGs are you interested in?
    Assuming Omnutia doesn't swoop up your interest, I'm pretty open. I'd prefer things that aren't d20 because I'm interested in the various mechanics out there. I already have a number of books for SR3, a number of books for D&D; 3rd and FR, core for SpyCraft 1+2, core for Skyrealms of Jorune. I would be interested in some White Wolf systems and even some of the one-off RPGs like Kill Puppies for Satan.
  • I could get you a LOT of White Wolf cores. New and Old Vampire, Hunter, Mage, Changeling, and a few others. I'll see what's around, and figure out what I want to keep versus trade.
  • Changeling
    I always wanted to play as a changeling, partly because I'm fascinated with the idea of Alter Self, but I never really got the chance because the mode number of participants in my DnD games was 2, including DM. Those were dark times...
    /annoyingtangent
  • edited June 2011
    40 GB Xbox 360 hard drive with transfer cable. It's for the white systems, not the black ones.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I gotta take stock. I have a ton of stuff that I was saving for another swap.
  • I should figure out if I have any shit to sell.
  • @JukeBoxJosh
    I'm interested in that copy of Melee, but I'll have to look for something to trade.
  • Does anyone have any of the stuff needed to softmod the original Xbox? I'll make it worth your while.

Also I have a whole shitload of Atari 2600 games. I can't remember all of them exactly but I have MANY of most of the common ones like combat. God I have like 20 or 30 Combat carts.
  • Ro, Rym, and others looking to get rid of board games: it may take some initial effort to set up your want list, but it is incredibly easy to work out board game trades on BGG. I've done several trades myself and they always went smoothly and were mutually beneficial. I'm sure you could get just about any game of your asking for Twilight Struggle (which btw, did you ever cover your thoughts on in an episode?)
  • I have a shitload of Bleach manga that I've been meaning to get rid of. Also Gin Tama and Rurouni Kenshin. If anyone's interested, I have those DVDs of Strong Bad's emails, too.
  • (which btw, did you ever cover your thoughts on in an episode?)
    I'll save Scott the effort of being mean and curt.
  • How pleasant; I was planning on unloading a bunch of old books (mostly from college) to save up for a Nook. Shoot me an offer if you're interested, and if you're in the NYC area, we could meet up:
    The Cheap Bastard''s Guide to New York City
    Meow, Baby! by Jason
    DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore
    Real Ultimate Power: The Official Ninja Handbook
    Seabiscuit: An American Legend
    Language Proof and Logic
    Mark Twain Collection (5 fuckin novels!)
    The Terror by Dan Simmons
    Building Believable Characters
    How to Write
    Copper Bottom Tea Kettle (not a book, an actual tea kettle!)

Also, a crap ton of classics that I had to buy for Gen-Ed classes. I doubt anyone will bite on those, but if you're interested in paperback copies of things like Faust and On the Genealogy of Morals, just ask.

And then there's a car full of fantasy and comic books from my friend who is moving to Houston. I'm slowly convincing him to sell the excess so he doesn't have to deal with shipping. Before it goes to amazon or ebay, it'll be posed here.
  • @JukeBoxJosh
    I'm interested in that copy of Melee, but I'll have to look for something to trade.
    I will most likely take anything you have to offer, as long as my wares have not already been claimed.
  • Also, a crap ton of classics that I had to buy for Gen-Ed classes.
    List, please?
    Copper Bottom Tea Kettle (not a book, an actual tea kettle!)
    Picture, condition, price, brand?
  • I'm thinking of buying a smartphone and just using wifi, since its everywhere once I'm back on campus. So does anybody on here have an old Droid or something like that which they would sell or trade?
  • I'm thinking of buying a smartphone and just using wifi, since its everywhere once I'm back on campus. So does anybody on here have an old Droid or something like that which they would sell or trade?
    iPod Touch?