This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Flea Market

Comments

• I'm thinking of buying a smartphone and just using wifi, since its everywhere once I'm back on campus. So does anybody on here have an old Droid or something like that which they would sell or trade?
    iPod Touch?
    I used one at PAX East, and while it worked fine, a phone would have been preferable since once you left the convention center it was useless and the wireless was REALLY unreliable sometimes.
  • iPod Touch?
    That too, I was just thinking smartphone since I can add a micro sd card and mess with it a bit more.
  • I'm thinking of buying a smartphone and just using wifi, since its everywhere once I'm back on campus. So does anybody on here have an old Droid or something like that which they would sell or trade?
    I've got a Droid that I can sell, full disclosure, it did get a cup of hot water spilled on it, but as far as I can tell works just fine. The only reason it's a spare phone is because my wife is in Cambridge for the next five weeks and we bought a HTC Incredible 2 Global so we can talk while she's there. It's a Verizon phone if you want to check coverage.
  • I've got a Droid that I can sell, full disclosure, it did get a cup of hot water spilled on it, but as far as I can tell works just fine. The only reason it's a spare phone is because my wife is in Cambridge for the next five weeks and we bought a HTC Incredible 2 Global so we can talk while she's there. It's a Verizon phone if you want to check coverage.
    How much would you be willing to part with it for?
  • I'm seeing them go for $125 used on amazon, what do you think of $75 shipping included?
  • hmm, that sounds pretty good to me. How confident you are that it works well, with the water and all?
  • The spill happened about three months ago and my wife continued to use it after we dried it out for two months before we bought the Incredible 2 for her trip to England. And when she was setting the new phone up with all her preferences and everything she did say that if she didn't need the global phone she'd have preferred to just keep using it. And I've just been playing around with it trying to find anything wrong with it and now I wish I'd have been on an android phone instead of the windows mobile 6.5 anchor I was using before diving on the verizon iphone.
  • Oh well if your wife wants to keep it then I don't blame you for not selling it. If you did sell, would there be anything you might want for trade?
  • Oh, she's in England now, and she's fine with selling it since she's using the new one. As for trade, there's not really anything I can think of.
  • oh alright. Well I don't have the money now but if you still have it when I do, I think I'll take you up on the offer. I mainly just want it before I go back to school in August since that's where I can actually use it.
  • Sounds good, my email is mycroft000@cox.net or gmail whenever you want it.
  • Ok thanks. Well if you'd be interested in any old videogame consoles to trade let me know, but otherwise I guess I'll just have to get me some moneys.
  • Would any students be willing to sell me a copy of Windows 7 at the student rate + a bit? I need to order one, but I don't get all of the information to do so until I get to campus in September.
  • Anyone got any PC parts spare? Anything later than a Pentium-D?
  • Getting rid of a bunch of old inventory. $5 off most regular prices, which amounts to a 20-40% discount on most of this stuff.

Full deets here.

etc.
  • Anyone want to buy a Warhammer Fantasy Brettonian army? 85 pieces, lots of good stuff. I'll post full pics and details here if you are interested. Tried to sell on eBay for $180 and got a ton of watchers but no actual bids.
  • I'm slowly trying to build up a collection of every rule book/source book/etc. of giant mech games. So things like Battletech. If anyone has any random giant mech games they don't want, let me know.
  • I have an old random robotech rpg book. Just a thin magazine sized one. I don't have much need for it so I'd part with it.
  • Does anybody have any old video cards they aren't using that they would be willing to donate/sell to me cheap? Right now I'm still using a Geforce 7300 so almost anything modern would probably be a big upgrade.
  • I've got a PCI-E GeForce 8800 (GTX) I'd be willing to part with for a nominal fee + shipping. Maybe $50 or so.
  • Anybody interested in a "The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition" for gamecube? Its the one that comes with Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I just picked it up for cheap, and I already have a copy of my own.
  • I ALSO have an 8800 GTX, if anyone wants to get them and SLI them together. Also various computer parts from 2008, a saitek keyboard, and a logitek G5 mouse. I'll make an actual list when I get home.

By the by, I live in NYC and can ship relatively cheaply through my employer.
  • One set of Innocence, barely used.

One Hope For The Future, NIB.

One Happiness, MOC.

Ones Dreams of a Brighter Tomorrow, Poor Condition.

• Two copies of Portal 1 for PC. Free.
  • A long shot, but I'm looking to trade/sell a Thompson M1A1 airsoft gun.
  • Is there a Reddit board for everything?
  • Yes. And if not, you can create it.
  • It's like Rule 34 and Rule 35 that way. Case in point, someone joked about making an /r/picsofdeadchildren, and now that is a subreddit. Also, let us not forget Cephalopods Gone Wild.

Actually, let's.
  • There's a subreddit of nothing but pictures of cute girls in thin dresses with the sun making it so you can see the outline of their bodies.
  • There's a subreddit of nothing but pictures of cute girls in thin dresses with the sun making it so you can see the outline of their bodies.