This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

edited August 2011 in Video Games
There isn't much information out there, but there seems to be a rumor that a new game called Global Offensive is coming. Thing is, the rumor is propagated by Valve people. I'm still wondering about Tactical Intervention. http://www.tactical-intervention.com/

Comments

• I'm still wondering about Tactical Intervention.
    A friend of mine was in the beta. He said it was pretty fun, although had some problems. Here is a video he made.
  • Looks a little bit faster than CS. Also, the map has a lot going on.
  • That's pretty hot. I like the dogs :-p
  • edited August 2011
    Not gonna lie, CS:GO needs hats.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • That actually looks pretty fun.
  • I guess the kid who asked this question just got his answer.
  • Add it to your Steam wishlist bitches.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/

Is there any meaning to this game having AppID of 1800? Valve loves them ARG-type puzzle thingies. Also, maybe you can tell hlds to install server for appid 1800 and run a server right now! A longshot, but maybe they f'ed up?
  • Will be playable at PAX Prime.
    Fuck!
    Guess I'm waiting in line.
  • Played CS:S for the first time in like 5 years today. Man, do I suck :X
    Oops, sorry!
    Oops, sorry!
    Fail.
  • Also, maybe you can tell hlds to install server for appid 1800 and run a server right now!
    If not, I can have one up day 0 in place of the TF2 server.
  • Also, maybe you can tell hlds to install server for appid 1800 and run a server right now!
    If not, I can have one up day 0 in place of the TF2 server.
    If it's good, I might pay for a real hosted server up as long as people keep playing.
  • I figure we use my server to determine how good it is, then go from there.
  • edited August 2011
    I figure we use my server to determine how good it is, then go from there.
    I'll find out how good it is at PAX.

Oh, and any of you fuckers who try to play this on XBox or PS3 are excommunicated from geekery.
    Post edited by Apreche on
    Added! Now on your wishlist
    Success!
  • edited August 2011
    Oh, and any of you fuckers who try to play this on XBox or PS3 are excommunicated from geekery.
    Fuck that, paying 120 bucks for counterstrike? It's not worth that much.

I will laugh pretty hard if it's playable at PAX, but only on an Xbox. I can imagine Scott hopping from foot to foot going "But what do I doooooo? WHAT DO I DO?"
    I'm not going to say that's what he'd do - are you kidding, this is Rubin, he'd just not play it and wait for it to come out on steam - but it's a funny mental image.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Fuck that, paying 120 bucks for counterstrike?
    Do they fuck your wallet that hard in Australia?
  • I AM SO EXCITED
  • Do they fuck your wallet that hard in Australia?
    For Xbox games? Yep. 120-130 new. Generally 60-100 for secondhand, if it's reasonably new. Steam is normally pretty reasonable, though.
  • edited August 2011
    New screenshot:

HAT SHOT!
    The truth:Not real :P
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Let me tell you how this is going to go.

It will get hyped, it will come out, everyone will bitch and whine because of "Consoles ruining everything" and that everything is horrible and shit, and then go back to playing Source or 1.6.

It's not that I don't have any faith in Valve. It's that I don't have any faith in people, particularly the PC gaming community, Not to act like complete fucking dickheads about literally nothing.
  • Fuck that, paying 120 bucks for counterstrike?
    Do they fuck your wallet that hard in Australia?
    Everything in Australia fucks your wallet hard! Regional pricing is FUCKED!
  • It's not that I don't have any faith in Valve. It's that I don't have any faith in people, particularly the PC gaming community, Not to act like complete fucking dickheads about literally nothing.
    Almost true. If you noticed half the CS community plays 1.6 and half plays Source. The 1.6 people will never leave. Half the source people will switch to GO. yeah, people are going to call it Counter-Strike GO, so might as well get used to it now. Then an influx of nubs will also play GO. In the long run you will have a community evenly split over three games.
  • people are going to call it Counter-Strike GO, so might as well get used to it now.
    I assumed that was the marketing strategy.
  • I like the sound of everything in that article. The TF2-style matchmaking sounds especially good. No more scrolling through a thousand servers looking for one that seems vaguely playable.
  • Fuck that, paying 120 bucks for counterstrike? It's not worth that much.
    It's only XBLA and PSN. There's no way XBLA dicks you that hard. Right?