This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fuck you George Lucas. Again. Again.

edited August 2011 in Flamewars
So, looks like there are some new changes to the original trilogy in the Blu-Ray edition.

Note, these are leaked mp3s synced to old footage.
J0EUjobdavw
5hMRfAIynh4

TL;DR

Comments

• I have all of these on functional VHS. They are the original theatrical version of the Star Wars films. I will be copying them to DVD shortly, because fuck George Lucas.
  • It's possible that this is an elaborate hoax. Or at least, one can hope. :/
  • Okay, the rock thing looks totally fake, but seriously? People are getting up in arms about making the Ewok eyes not look like lifeless doll eyes?
  • At least I understand adding the new eyes, but why the fuck are there new rocks? Its not an improvement, its just more rocks. Urg
  • I will be copying them to DVD shortly
    When you do, can you hook a brother up? Because fuck George Lucas.
  • Has there been an HD release of the original versions on any movie channels or something? I'd like to download that.
  • Laserdisc, anyone?
  • I will be copying them to DVD shortly
    When you do, can you hook a brother up? Because fuck George Lucas.
    Yeah, no problem. I'll post back when I get it done.
  • I have all of these on functional VHS.
  • I want in on the hook up if possible.
  • James has the laserdiscs copied to DVD. That is as good as it gets.
  • I'd be surprised if there wasn't an existing torrent of the VHS or Laserdisk rips.
  • Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son!
  • Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son!
    Precisely.
  • Having a room mate that downloads half a TB of video in a month means I have access to digital copies of the original trilogy. ^_^

• wait for it...
  • wait for it...
    Seriousyl? That's posted in the OP. Do you even bother reading?
  • I have all of these on functional VHS. They are the original theatrical version of the Star Wars films. I will be copying them to DVD shortly, because fuck George Lucas.
    ]]Why not just get the Versions that came with the OOT on DVD? It would be much better quality the converting your own....
  • To be quite honest, I really don't mind some of the changes made to the movies. I like the added scene in a New Hope with Jabba and Han, I like the enhanced lightsabers. What I don't like is Greedo shooting first, the new song in Jabba's palace, and the song that replaced the Nub Nub song. Really, the changes are a mixed bag for me.
  • edited August 2011
    To be quite honest, I really don't mind some of the changes made to the movies. I like the added scene in a New Hope with Jabba and Han, I like the enhanced lightsabers. What I don't like is Greedo shooting first, the new song in Jabba's palace, and the song that replaced the Nub Nub song. Really, the changes are a mixed bag for me.
    Its Yub Nub. Not Nub Nub.

And here. This is the DVD version I was talking about. It would be much higher quality then converting your old 1980a VHS to DVD. There is one each for 4, 5, and 6/
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I like the added scene in a New Hope with Jabba and Han,
    That was probably the only seen that I approved of. Everything else was unnecessary fluff or changed things in a way that bothered me.
  • To be quite honest, I really don't mind some of the changes made to the movies.
    Don't make me destroy you.
  • I don't mind the changes I just think he should name them properly and sell accordingly. Original Trilogy, Trilogy 1.1, Trilogy 1.2 etc...
  • Stop given them ideas!!
  • I just think he should do whatever the hell he wants, so long as he also sells the true original version.
  • If we can somehow convince people to let go of their childhoods and stop giving George Lucas and Sega money, the world will be a better place.
  • Read this article. Some of the changes are actually good.
    1977:

2004:
  • You know what, something has been bothering me about this.

George Lucas. He's one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, certainly one of the most influential, and has been involved in movies like American Graffiti, Kagemusha, the Star Wars and Indiana Jones series, Twice upon a time, Latino, Mishima, Labyrinth. He's created companies that have been true game-changers in the movie industry, either through films they were involved in, or by their own merits, as well as revolutionizing the video gaming industry - Monkey Island, Full throttle, and Day of the tentacle, anyone? If not For him, Pixar would not exist - that's right, No Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, Up, Any of it, if not for George Lucas. The First filmmaker to use Motion Control cameras. Lucasfilm animation and Lucasfilm Animation singapore, which provides paid apprenticeships to Young Animators, allowing them a leg-up in the industry. Everything ILM has done, from the first completely computer-generated film sequence, through to inventing the iMocap System, and every film they've produced. He started a company dedicated to providing educational materiel for schools.

And of course, personally, He's founded his own educational charity, testified before congress to advocate in favor of a free and open wireless broadband educational network, Given millions to charity(including helping build the Martin Luther King Jr national memorial and joining the Giving Pledge, to give away Half of his fortune to charity, donated a Hundred and eighty million to USC, so they could expand their film school(which is now one of the best in the country).

But hey, He's messing with something He created and we all really like and is widely avaliable without his changes anyway, so we're not really losing anything, but fuck that guy, I hope he fucking dies. How dare he do anything but seal his previous work away in layers of impenetrable crystal so it remains the same for all time. What's that? They're changing THX1138? They Want to re-make American Graffiti as a Teen comedy with the cast of High School Musical, and make Kagemusha into a High-school Boylove anime? Oh, Who gives a fuck about those, I didn't pay much attention to those, do what you like, BUT I TOTALLY HOPE THAT GUY'S KIDS GET CANCER BECAUSE HE MAKES NEW VERSIONS I'M NOT FOND OF OUT OF SOMETHING I LIKED AS A KID. RUINING MY CHILDHOOD DESPITE IT BEING TRIVIALLY AVAILABLE IF I CARED TO LOOK, THAT BASTARD.
  • Thank you, for figuring out the words to something I've been trying to say for years.