This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Hey, just had a thought...how about a show about modern british TV. There's been some great British shows over the past number of years: 1) Black Books, 2) Spaced, 3) Doctor Who, 4) Primeval (it's lame, but I like it)...and others I can't recall at the moment. Just a thought.
  • Ok so I've got a list but It could really suck....

1) Favorite music, why it is your favorite, what you like to hear in songs, and songs that make you laugh.
    2) How you celebrate holidays and how it differs since you were a kid. And/or traditions that you have made or picked up on.
    3) How to write computer programs (For the geeks like me that aren't computer savvy.)
    4) What pets that you have had in the past and what happened to them.
    5) Favorite quotes and why they are you're favorite.
    6) Favorite High School/College memories and why.
    7) Myspace. Just your opinions and the pro's and con's.

So that's all I have so far. Enjoy! ^_^
  • Oh, yeah. I'm sorry if some of that has been suggested already. I just didn't wanna look through all the suggestions again.
  • The Flying Spaghetti Monster and it's origins.

Final Fantasy (any of them or all of them.)

Pogs.

Anti Virus software (I just have Nortan and it works fine for me but if there is anything else better out there I would like to know.)

And damn it you guys have covered a lot of anime I like already lol. And finally other people who like Big O!!!!! None of my other friends like the show. The only other thing I can really think of is maybe either Hayao Miyazaki or Angel Sanctuary.
  • edited June 2007
    I think a show on building RAID would be a good idea. Rym could fill any empty time in this episode with the problems he had building his new computer.
    Post edited by JohnU on
  • Scrym's guide to Pokemon trading?
    or
    How Not to Suck at Building Your Pokemon Army?

I'd like an episode about how to weigh trades, what times of the day are best to get good trades, which Pogeys to stockpile and breed, etc.
  • edited June 2007
    I think a show on building RAID would be a good idea. Rym could fill any empty time in this episode with the problems he had building his new computer.
    Now that is what I call service. Make a suggestion and the next show is about it.

Good job!
    Post edited by JohnU on
  • You could review Desert Punk, It was mentioned before but never done.
  • I'd like to hear a show about the quality of british humour with references to TV shows and comedians and the like.

or since I'm biased, another country :P
  • How about a show on when to upgrade your computer versus buying/building a new one. I don't remember a show on the building of computers, you have talked about it a little on other shows but no dedicated one that I remember.
  • You guys need to read and review Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.
  • Therewerethree.
    Thanks, I'll go back and check out those episodes.
  • edited June 2007
    You keep asking your listeners in countries other than the US to tell you how things are done in their countries (like after the taxes or jury episodes). Did you get any responses? If you did, maybe you could a Thursday show about the most interesting ones.
    Post edited by Gendy on
  • You guys really need to do some shows about slacking through High School because I didn't figure out how until junior year.
  • You guys really need to do some shows about slacking through High School because I didn't figure out how until junior year.
    Yeah, seriously.  Judging by how much you talked about it this show you should have a lot to say.
  • Did we ever learn how Brandon became Rym?
  • edited June 2007
    Did we ever learn how Brandon became Rym?
    I believe we covered it a really long time ago on the forums. I think it came to him in a dream and he just knew that was what he wanted to go by. I may be wrong though...

EDIT: Found it
    Rym is a name I've used for the last 15 or so years. It came from "kmrym," which itself came from a dream I had when I was young. I'd awakened one night and proceded to scribble three words on a pad of paper before falling back to sleep. The first was kmrym or kyrym. The second and third were immemorable.

When I was in middle school, I needed a name to use online, and it instantly sprung to mind. I dropped the "k" just to make it easier to say/scribe.
    It seemed to fit me rather well, and by high school it was my de facto name as far as the majority of the people I knew were concerned.

The only people on Earth who don't call me "Rym" are my parents and my co-workers, though even my parents use it from time to time. I consider it to be my real name, and I'm seriously entertaining the idea of legally changing it.

My given first name is Brandon. It's been so long that I often don't respond immediately to it, even at work. As such, I tend to jump at that name, simply because the only people who ever use it are co-workers (who want something) or professors (who were usually yelling at me for sleeping in class ^_~).

I've told a few other stories about where the name came from in the past, mostly to avoid having to explain the truth. (People always ask what the dream was about or what the other words were or all sorts of annoying questions).
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • You could do a show on how bad Love Hina sucks.
  • Fantasy movies/books/games. It'd make a good thursday show.
  • Check out the Skullman anime, I think it would make a good topic for a Wednesday show. It has an interesting story and looks good. I moved Claymore to the back burner in favor of Skullman.
  • I think a show on relationship advice for Geeks would be funny. Especially if you has for emailed/forum-ed questions prior.

Maybe a show on fanservice in Anime. What it is, how it gets there, shows that have it (or are 100% fanservice) and what you think about it.

If either of these have been done already, please link me! I could not find the shows on the website.
  • edited June 2007
    How about new podcasts worth listening as a semi-regular Thursday topic.

Here are a couple of good short story casts;

http://escapepod.org/

http://pseudopod.org/

This would help you guys fill in the Thursdays and also find new worthy podcasts, sounds like a win win to me.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I love pseudopod. It is one of my favorite podcasts. I tell all the stories to my friends and they love them. That would be a great Thursday show!
  • Getting into Coding.

You could start with what languages to begin learning for the average user. What kinds of classes and certificates could be useful. What are most marketable vs. what actually teach you something.

Thanks as always.
  • Getting into Coding.

You could start with what languages to begin learning for the average user. What kinds of classes and certificates could be useful. What are most marketable vs. what actually teach you something.

Thanks as always.
    They already did.
  • Getting into Coding.

Thanks as always.
    Theyalready did.
    Sweet! I looked for it . . . I swear. Thanks for the link.
  • A show on Bit torents - Great sites, programs to use, vulnerbilities and how to protect yourself/computer.

A show on fansubs would good. I'm about half way through Death Note and notice a big difference in the translations. I'm totally digging the show BTW. Is there a good place to find fansubs? I'm currently using Tvtorrents which only allows one file of the show to be posted so there isn't always a choice.

A show on Sci-Fi literature. I am not sure if you guys are geeked on this one.
  • A show on Bit torents - Great sites, programs to use, vulnerbilities and how to protect yourself/computer.
    They already did.
  • And so the vicious circle continues...