This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What does your desk look like?

Comments

• I don't know Churba you are talking to a man that got beaten by a scarf.
    Made a homemade taser, it blew up a multimeter, and I shocked myself with it. Intentionally, with it being almost entirely untested. And managed to knock myself out for an hour in the garage.
  • Haha sounds like the time I walked into a light socket that didn't have a bulb in it put had power running through it. Knocked myself out three times trying to get up. How were are still going I have to wonder.
    Made a homemade taser, it blew up a multimeter, and I shocked myself with it. Intentionally, with it being almost entirely untested. And managed to knock myself out for an hour in the garage.
    Do you still have said homemade taser?

Do you still have said homemade taser?

Nah, I left it behind in England. I could maybe make another one, but I'd have to source the parts.

• I really want a Taser, but most of the cheaper ones are really shitty and they're a felony to possess anyway. I would try to make one if it weren't for the fact that I would kill myself trying.
  • I really want a Taser, but most of the cheaper ones are really shitty and they're a felony to possess anyway. I would try to make one if it weren't for the fact that I would kill myself trying.
    It's not hard, you just need to run a high-voltage, low amperage charge into a pair of contact points - all you need is a few simple components - it's not much more than a battery, a transformer to step up the voltage, a power switch and some wire.

• Sounds an interesting plan. Not that I want to spend an hour out cold in my garage.
  • Sounds an interesting plan. Not that I want to spend an hour out cold in my garage.
    Pro-Tip - not being a goddamn moron helps, take it from an expert moron. Also, that was an old and dodgy multimeter, one in decent repair should take it well enough.

• I wonder how easy it would be to buy one of those cheap-ass under-powered stun guns on amazon and just swap out the battery with a more powerful one. I mean it wouldn't be much more than a possible case mod and maybe some added insulation and whatnot, would it?
  • I wonder how easy it would be to buy one of those cheap-ass under-powered stun guns on amazon and just swap out the battery with a more powerful one. I mean it wouldn't be much more than a possible case mod and maybe some added insulation and whatnot, would it?
    It's not the battery that's the problem - After all, even very high quality stun-guns usually run on either 9-volts, a few D-cells, or the equivalent. Also, I'm not sure exactly what balance you have to achieve between Volts, Amps and pulse timing you'd have to go for to get maximum effect.
  • I'm not sure exactly what balance you have to achieve between Volts, Amps and pulse timing you'd have to go for to not kill someone.
  • I'm not sure exactly what balance you have to achieve between Volts, Amps and pulse timing you'd have to go for to not kill someone.
    Well, that's actually surprisingly simple to achieve.

Well, that's actually surprisingly simple to achieve.
    By not tazing someone?

• Hey Churba, I totally have a new Etsy store idea for you...
  • I spent all weekend renovating my home office/den/podcasting room/new play-area for Rylin. There is still a LOT of work to do, but the basics are there.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104394376935908952590/posts/RUfsagubfub
  • My desk. 'Nuff said.

• edited January 2012
    Uh... is that lotion next to your keyboard?
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited January 2012
    The white one right under the keyboard is a medicated ointment for my skin problem. The other bottle's just baby oil, for the same reason
    Post edited by AndouReiya on
  • Man, you really should try getting built-in monitors on that thing and make it look even more legit.
    Do I win?
    The hell? "I think I'll go for the 1960's Soviet missile silo look."
  • I thought it looked more like 1940's British missile silo.
  • It was there when I moved in, but I kinda like it.
  • ^Fucking win!
  • It was there when I moved in, but I kinda like it.
    ^Fucking win!
    agreed

• edited July 2012
    Hey, we have the same case (: yay Sonata.
    My desk exploded in the move. But I'm building an awesome replacement.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Is that the Antec III? If so, I have that too.