This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Social Nudity

edited February 2012 in Everything Else
Once upon a time I was nervous about going to our weekly role playing game session. We were going to talk about all the cool things we had planned for the summer, metal concerts, conventions, trips abroad. We were going to plan our gaming sessions around them. Except that I had no plans. I'd not arranged to do any cool things all summer. I work full time, not like their studies back then.

So I thought about my problem and decided that I'd combat it with humour!

I found flyers for the most out of character events that'd be a hilarious joke. And that'd completely skim over the fact that I'd not got a cool summer plan like they had.

So the day came and we got to discussing and one night looked free to game and then I said, "Nuh uh, we can't game that day because I'm going to naked night at York Maze." Boom! Flyer down. Cue laughter...

"Cool! Can we come?"
"Awesome, I'm up for that!"
"Hey, my parents took me to naturist things when I was little, sure."

At this point I was kind of confused. The guys were really excited about going for it and they made a facebook event and loads of people wanted to go. It was and wasn't a big deal for me. I wasn't nervous about the nudity so much as I was about being so far out of my comfort zone for such relationships.

The big day came and went and it was awesome.

The next year came and we all went again.

Last year my best friends couldn't make it and most of the guys I knew bailed so I was mostly with people I didn't know yet. It was still cool and I am friends with those people now.

This year I've discovered that York Maze isn't doing it and I'm really disappointed as are my friends who missed out last year. I don't really know about alternatives.

I appreciate the benefits of the naturist community for arranging that kind of event, a cool place with fun things, and their presence to make it legitimate.

What I wouldn't like to do is join the naturist community. I think that they've got a problem with adverse selection, you only need one bad person to undermine everything. Plus those guys are an older generation and they are interested in different things. I don't identify as one. Plus we'd need to spend membership fees on stuff we'd so rarely use and I'm still the only one with money.

Anybody else ever give this a go? I wonder if trying to organise something in the privacy of my own home would work. I think we'd need a strong secondary theme or activity to really get it to work.

Comments

• Anybody else ever give this a go? I wonder if trying to organise something in the privacy of my own home would work. I think we'd need a strong secondary theme or activity to really get it to work.
    FRCF orgy?!

• Ask Nuri about how well I handle social nudity.
  • I don't understand what you are asking.
  • He wants us to get naked and do stuff with him.
  • edited February 2012
    Way to hang out with your wang out, dude. As for social nudity, I'm not that bothered by it - I've done it a few times, but it's not something I do often simply for lack of opportunity. I'm not going all the way to York to wander about naked, though.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • pants are just a suggestion Marge, just like roads
  • Ask Nuri about how well I handle social nudity.
    I seem to remember you handling it pretty well. The general "I'm naked! If it bothers you, don't look" disclaimer does give you some warning, of course. I think that's only fair.

The biggest problem I have with social nudity is that it's impossible for people who don't produce lots of body heat to stay warm. I have to wear sweaters while Pete walks around in shorts and T-shirts. Setting a temperature where everybody is comfortable naked is tough. Clothes are functional, yo. They are the great temperature equalizer.

• I'm looking for another idea of what to do now that the annual event that was ideal for us is gone.

I'm also telling a story with a "to be continued..." ending. It's not so bad for an anecdote.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm pretty sure nudist colonies basically work the same way as any other resort area, so you could just rent a building out for a day or a weekend. Nude beaches around here at least work like private beaches, so there's an entrance fee and rules, but membership isn't necessarily required to spend a day there.

Basically I'd say find something to do as a group, such as a party, then find a place to accommodate that thing. SO if you and your friends are really into board games, set up a nude board game night. If you want something specifically annually choose a misc holiday like midsummer and use it as an excuse.

Also nudism is pretty cool, not that I ever see myself getting particularly involved in it.
    Post edited by Shiam on
  • Naked spa is best.
  • I'm more comfortable with more protection, not less. Clothes are alright. Heavy clothes are a little better. Body armor is nice. Full plate makes me feel pretty awesome.

My ideal outfit is an assault mech.
  • I don't mind being naked, but I keep it clothed out of courtesy. Remember the Seinfeld episode with the nudist? "That's not good naked." Nobody really wants to see me naked. If they do, they are the ones who suffer not me.

Also, it's hard not to get hard in a situation when all the hot ladies are also naked. You would think that embarrassment is the primary problem there, but it's not. The key problem is that it's very hard to walk or do anything but sit there and wait for it to go down. Naked beach volleyball, impossible with an erection! Injury is all that can result from that.
  • You're almost 30 and you still have a problem with random boners?

I'm reminded of an episode of Roseanne. Just put a book in front of it!

It's not random. It's caused by being around hot naked ladies.
  • edited February 2012
    You're almost 30 and you still have a problem with random boners?

So it's a natural effect for you like magnetism? Even blindfolded?
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Masturbate before you go to the nudist place. Multiple times if needed. That will solve your random woody problem.

I can relate to this problem. Damn naked ladies and their hotness.
  • Masturbate before you go to the nudist place. Multiple times if needed. That will solve your random woody problem.
    I'm not an old man. My junk keeps going and going.
  • Then look at the naked dudes when you feel the rise.
  • Why would that make it stop going up?
  • edited February 2012
    I would have no problem with social nudity, it could be an interesting way to play some board games. I do agree with Scott that random boners could be an issue, although there are ways to avoid that situation.

Also, what is the best interpretation of social nudity? Like what activities may change where or not it is considered such.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • (remember Scott hasn't really used it other then masturbation...)
  • Clearly Scott would benefit from a relationship with a woman.
  • edited February 2012
    (remember Scott hasn't really used it other then masturbation...)
    Leave off it.
    Clearly Scott would benefit from a relationship with a woman.
    Clearly, you need to shut your rutting face.

Sorry, this just isn't funny anymore. There are plenty of other reasons to tease Scott. On this one, every joke has been made and made again. Either be original or pick a different topic.

Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited February 2012
    Clearly Scott would benefit from a relationship with a woman.
    No need to be specific about a gender.

Edit: Was going to ask something but forgot after an error.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited February 2012
    We are talking about someone's junk not stopping, I think we are allowed a little brevity.

Plus when you say I'm not an old man (I.E. Not you guys :-p) your going to get some back :-p

But anyhow, I've been able to control my junks ability to have issues for a long time. It's called self control :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited February 2012
    Y'all have been developing a serious mean-streak towards Scott lately.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Kinda of a crazy thought here, but in a social nudist situation and you don't have a boner at a girl, is it like an insult. :P

Anyway, I always wanted to go to a nude beach or event. Luckily, I don't have a penis, so I never have to worry about my junk hanging up.
  • Mean streak? I see it as playful ribbing between guys. If I thought any of this was seriously bothering him I'd stop.
  • Y'all have been developing a serious mean-streak towards Scott lately.
    I remember my question, yay. Has Scott said he has a problem with it, not that he has to but just curious, and/or are his friends the ones who are starting to get more upset about it?