This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

Comments

• For an expert like you it should take minutes.
    It would, if I just SSH to the server and edit the code directly, but thats not how things work. But that's super dangerous. I have to build a new version of the web site software, which is about half done, and then test it and deploy it. You know, actual work.
  • This forum is now about making out and dressing up.
  • edited March 2012
    I fail to see any problems with this.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • This forum is now about making out and dressing up.
    This happens periodically. You'll get used to it.

• Well, yes, but I honestly think it was this forum that made me better as a person. I mean, If Mr.Period hadn't ripped into my posts those first few times, my writing wouldn't have improved. If the discussions here weren't so often based on global issues, I wouldn't have cared enough to gain a global awareness. And (and it all stems from this, really) if the people here weren't so, well, awesome, I wouldn't have had any incentive to make those changes at all.

In short, stay awesome, my friends.
    I was talking about this the other day to Jed. (He has a similar fondness for Slacktivites.) My world was actually smaller and began getting bigger the more I interacted with a lot of you. Things I thought about the world and person in general was totally different than now.
  • Hmm. Now that I think about it, this forum did have a pretty large effect on my life. I moved to the east coast (and went to RIT) because of the FRC, and I actually met an ex of mine as well (she was a big fan of Yuko, and went to RIT because of her). I still need to go out and do more awesome geeky stuff on a more regular basis, though.
  • This forum has irreversibly been integrated into my life, and I'm ok with that.
  • edited March 2012
    Forum needs more ____________.
    _________
    | |
    | /|\
    | / \
    |
    |

Edit: Well that did not turn out right.
    Suicide never ends right.

Please tell me you got what I was actually going for with that.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited March 2012
    Please tell me you got what I was actually going for with that.
    You despairing over how your life has no meaning anymore other than participating with other possibly-not-even-real entities who you'll never meet in reality, and giving up on lifetrying to make yourself taller?
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Please tell me you got what I was actually going for with that.
    You despairing over how your life has no meaning anymore other than participating with other possibly-not-even-real entities who you'll never meet in reality, and giving up on lifetrying to make yourself taller?
    CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT
  • This forum has irreversibly been integrated into my life, and I'm ok with that.
    Pete and I routinely reference the forum when talking to people face to face.

• You despairing over how your life has no meaning anymore other than participating with other possibly-not-even-real entities who you'll never meet in reality, and giving up on lifetrying to make yourself taller?
    How did you know I was short? Are you a ninja?

Me too.

• How did you know I was short? Are you a ninja?
    No, but I am your friend. Trust the Computer.
  • Please tell me you got what I was actually going for with that.
    Yes. Yes I did.

• I was talking about this the other day to Jed. (He has a similar fondness for Slacktivites.) My world was actually smaller and began getting bigger the more I interacted with a lot of you. Things I thought about the world and person in general was totally different than now.
    Hmm. Now that I think about it, this forum did have a pretty large effect on my life. I moved to the east coast (and went to RIT) because of the FRC, and I actually met an ex of mine as well (she was a big fan of Yuko, and went to RIT because of her). I still need to go out and do more awesome geeky stuff on a more regular basis, though.
    This forum has irreversibly been integrated into my life, and I'm ok with that.
    It's like in Doctor Who, except instead of being Children of Time, we're Children of the Forum.
  • No, but I am your friend. Trust the Computer.
    I trust no one and I will always be alert with my laser ready.
  • Probably about once a week, I end up referencing the forum in normal conversation when telling a story or explaining something. All of my friends just know it as, The Forum, and know random tidbits about it.

Honestly, this forum is amazing. This community is like a family. You guys are awesome!
  • Often I notice people don't reply to my infinite wisdom, awe-inspiring deduction, and absolutely prefect use of the english language. Clearly the forum thinks too highly of itself.
  • For an expert like you it should take minutes.
    It would, if I just SSH to the server and edit the code directly, but thats not how things work. But that's super dangerous. I have to build a new version of the web site software, which is about half done, and then test it and deploy it. You know, actual work.
    Or you could just what, create a new thread after uploading a new podcast? It's not like you do it nightly...

Yeah, it comes up a lot. Also, being 200 miles from anyone else in the FRC makes this my primary avenue for hanging out with my friends.
  • People don't have much work today.
  • I don't know why, but today I clicked on the My Discussions tab and looked through some old threads I started. I've been here a very long time and for the most part, everyone has been awesome. PAX East and Anime Boston have been made significantly more fun for me because of people involved in this forum, among many other things. I really can't say enough good things about this place. Thank you all.
  • /frcf/circlejerk
  • This forum contains internet friends whose only distinguishing characteristic from my meatspace friends is that I have never been in close physical proximity to them. This is a good forum.
  • This forum contains internet friends whose only distinguishing characteristic from my meatspace friends is that I have never been in close physical proximity to them. This is a good forum.
    The best part is that when you actually are in close physical proximity to them it only gets better. The one PAX I went to was a blast, hanging with Sail at Anime Expo is always fun, and I actually meet up with Alex Leavitt quite frequently (though he isn't really on here too often).
  • When the FRC forum suddenly becomes Tumblr.
  • This week seems to be us warmly welcoming Muppet into our loving community.

/sarcasm, I actually want the tumblr to remain dormant.
  • This week seems to be us warmly welcoming Muppet into our loving community.
    Loving community? Wahaha, fannah joke.
  • I love you guys. I want to move to the U.S. so we don't have to have a long-distance relationship any more (yes, I know there are several exceptions).