This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fuck you George Lucas. Again. Again.

12346»

Comments

• Whatever.
  • and it doesn't make commercial sense to recut/master/release it either.
    I disagree on this point. It would cost relatively little to restore it properly - you'd probably do the whole job for a million or so - and you'd make that money back easily ten times over by the exact sort of people who complain about the Special editions and new versions rushing out to buy it.
    I see some strategic quoting there! My point wasn't that making it would cost more than it would profit. It was that it would hurt the sales of the version he released now and theatrical 3D conversions more than what it would earn back.
    I disagree on this point. It would cost relatively little to restore it properly - you'd probably do the whole job for a million or so - and you'd make that money back easily ten times over by the exact sort of people who complain about the Special editions and new versions rushing out to buy it.
    I see some strategic quoting there! My point wasn't that making it would cost more than it would profit. It was that it would hurt the sales of the version he released now and theatrical 3D conversions more than what it would earn back.
    More people know the new versions than the original releases.
    More people know the new versions than the original releases.
    Bullshit. Dollars to fucking donuts, that's bullshit.
  • I see some strategic quoting there! My point wasn't that making it would cost more than it would profit. It was that it would hurt the sales of the version he released now and theatrical 3D conversions more than what it would earn back.
    Strategic? You give me too much credit. That's just the only thing I had to say about what you said, so I only included the relevant section, to save guessing. Keeping it neat, y'know?
  • From wading through a certain santee's posts, I forgot about this thread.

Due to recent events, does that mean this thread is more than likely null and void?

It's more like, "Good Guy George Lucas!"