This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Massachusetts-area get together/gaming event

edited April 2012 in Everything Else
Would seriously like to get together with you folks. Let's find a date/location. We're in Boston and can travel. Chime in on your locations and let's see if we can find somewhere central to all of us.

Comments

• I am currently residing in Amherst, however I do also have a car and am crazy enough to travel almost anywhere.
  • Alan (magnusrex) was talking about starting this very thing. Travel not on mass transit is hard for me, as I don't own a car. Or know how to drive.

That said, there's a nice game store with many tables near OK food in plainville.
  • I'm in Wrentham myself. Gaming/get-together would be fun, true.
  • I'm going to college in Waltham, so getting to the city or other places is a cinch.
  • Man all you guys are so far away from me, looks like I'm the only Western Mass guy here.
  • Are the roads actually paved out there?
    Man all you guys are so far away from me, looks like I'm the only Western Mass guy here.

With the bones of city slickers.

• I'm about 20 minutes north of Boston, so anywhere I can get to on the T is good.
  • I'm in Westminster, however I have a car and would be willing to travel. I brought this up to Nate because MA doesn't have much in the way of gaming, at least for a few of us. So why not make our own?

With the bones of city slickers.

When I read this, I think of a Neapolitan talking to a Roman.
    I would retort but I can't think of anything witty over the shame of how badly paved half of my roads are.
  • T-accessible is a huge win!
  • OK, so we need someplace T-accessible in Plainville. ... Some sort of car pooling may be necessary. Where does MagnusRex live? (And yes, I got the idea for this from him...)

I'm thinking we need someplace for 10-15 people, so I'm thinking a game store with tables available or a food court type place. Pandemonium in Central Sq. is my drug dealer of choice and I could reserve us some tables, but that's just a suggestion. Also Hynes food court.I think t-accessible is a priority and we will work out rides for folks who do not have T-ness. I've suggested Boston/Cambridge because it's what I know. Other specific place suggestions that would have tables?
  • Magnus lives up by Worcester, if I remember right. The Pru food court could work (I know that there used to be a 2600 meeting there with some regularity), though Pandamonium isn't that far, either.

In terms of other specific places, Battlegrounds Games and Hobbies in Plainville has a whole buncha tables. There's a commuter rail station in two of the next towns over (Mansfield and Attleboro). I feel like it would largely depend on the day, though. Wednesday and Thursday work best for Will (Yuyuke), but probably just about nobody else. Weekends there are a madhouse sometimes, depending on tournaments and the fact that it's the only tabletop store in the area, really.

For me, in the city, early works better than late (due to the commuter rail sucking), but beyond that, I have no specific problems to bring up.
  • Magnus lives up by Worcester, if I remember right. The Pru food court could work (I know that there used to be a 2600 meeting there with some regularity), though Pandamonium isn't that far, either.

In terms of other specific places, Battlegrounds Games and Hobbies in Plainville has a whole buncha tables. There's a commuter rail station in two of the next towns over (Mansfield and Attleboro). I feel like it would largely depend on the day, though. Wednesday and Thursday work best for Will (Yuyuke), but probably just about nobody else. Weekends there are a madhouse sometimes, depending on tournaments and the fact that it's the only tabletop store in the area, really.

For me, in the city, early works better than late (due to the commuter rail sucking), but beyond that, I have no specific problems to bring up.
    I'd vote the pru food court, it is pretty central to the T and has a lot of space
  • As I said, I'm in a town called Westminster. I'm about 30 minutes straight north of Worcester though. I dedicate my Saturdays to work on my game project and Mondays currently don't work well either, but I can easily adjust the rest of my week. I can't really confirm anymore since my semester is about to end as well as I can change the days I work as long as I give a 2 week advance notice.
  • edited April 2012
    I would vote for Battlegrounds or Pandemonium over Pru. I've tried that. It's too loud IMHO.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • As I said, I'm in a town called Westminster. I'm about 30 minutes straight north of Worcester though.
    DOH!

Do Sundays work for people?

• Works for me, although I'm not sure about yuyuke based on neito's post. Also what about the frequency of this? Will it be weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?
  • I think let's do it once and then see how folks feel about it then.
  • As long as I got two weeks in advance I can travel just about anywhere with no fear of having to work that day.
  • There's also the Hobby Bunker in Malden - they have good space, just make sure the Warhammer/Warmachine folks aren't taking up all the room. :)
  • I love that place. No idea how hard or easy it is to get space.
  • Pandemonium could work, but definitely check their schedule in advance should we decide to meet up there. If there's a Magic tournament going on, there's not going to be space for us.
  • OK so I'm thinking we pick a date and then work from there to find a location. How's that strike everyone else?
  • Works for me.
  • Works for me.
  • Thanks for doing this!
  • So it looks like insufficient interest for this coming weekend, but four out of five can do next Sunday 29 April. Do the four of us want to meet up?