This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon

Comments

• The only Pokemons I actually cared about were Geodude, Geodude, Geodude, Geodude, Geodude, and Geodude.
    Can't lose.
  • I wasn't a fan of a lot of the Pokemon from the last few generations, but I liked some of the ones from Black and White. It just seemed like there were less weird looking designs.
  • Then you should like Cofagrigus and Chandelure. Seriously, the Chandelure line is one of the most fucked up ones in the entire series.
    Yamask is the ancient ghost of a human who carries his death mask around, sometimes looking at it and weeping. If that's not fucked up then nothing is.
    I don't care what the story of the Pokemon is. I care what it looks like.
  • edited June 2012
    Then you should like Cofagrigus and Chandelure. Seriously, the Chandelure line is one of the most fucked up ones in the entire series.
    Yamask is the ancient ghost of a human who carries his death mask around, sometimes looking at it and weeping. If that's not fucked up then nothing is.
    I don't care what the story of the Pokemon is. I care what it looks like.
    Chandelure's pretty amazing looking, a demonized, floating chandelier with purple flames, and its pokedex straight up says it sucks out the living spirit of creatures and then burns said spirit for fuel.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chandelure

However, he is a late game pokemon being the third evolution, so you'll have to stick around till you can get his first form, Litwick. You can find it at the Celestial Tower, around the mid game point.

Cofagrigus is...a floating coffin. Since you like Spiritomb, the design may be more in line with your taste: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cofagrigus

His first evolution is found pretty early on. You'll have to explore the Desert areas and enter some old ruins to find him.
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • The chandlier is kinda ok... The coffin is just doofy.

These are acceptable Pokemons,

Spiritomb, Gengar, Dratini/Dragonari,Dragonite, Klink/Klang/Klinklang, Omanyte/Omastar, Butterfree, Combee, Rotom, Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath, Corsola, Kabuto, Unown, Cryogonal, Mantyke, Magnemite.

I specifically didn't list evolutions that suck.
  • I read this and I thought, "Fuck. That's pretty much what Scott would say".
  • Man, breeding egg moves into a Pokemon via multiple fathers is a pain in the ass. You had better be worth it, Sigilyph.
  • I see someone else mentioned Nuzlocke'ing earlier in the thread, but I'm still curious since I have just been getting into it lately: what do people think of the Nuzlocke Challenge (or similar self-imposed rulesets for Pokemon)? Have you attempted one before? Are you doing one right now, perhaps with BW2?

How about the fanworks that get created around Nuzlockes? Anyone else read any of the fan comics that pop up on places like DeviantArt or the Nuzlocke forums? A lot of them kind of blur together after a while or suck hard, but I've definitely found a few that I like a lot, including but not limited to the original Pokemon: Hard Mode, A Petty Nuzlocke Challenge, and Robin's Cleverly Titled Nuzlocke (the last of which I really wish would update more often; I really dig the art style).
  • My friend was on the fence about getting Black/White 2, but when he found out about the PETA protest game he ordered them from Amazon immediately.

Goes to show, if PETA objects to it, it must be good!
  • 3DS? Dang. I guess White 2 marks the end of my Pokemon journey.

Side note: Froakie looks cool as heck, and once again the water-starter is the obvious choice.
  • I'm looking to acquire between five and them copies of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. Aside from eBay any ideas where I might find them in quantity and on the cheap?
  • Just a heads-up, it might be harder/more expensive to find them with working internal clock batteries. That gen had an issue with them burning out a few years after launch. I know mine did.
  • What would be the earliest GBA games to aim for?
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green have no issues afaik.
  • If they're proper GBAs, they'll be able to run Red/Blue.
  • The issue being that those might not save because the internal batteries might being dead.
  • Just get DS piracy cards instead.
  • Specifically you'd need a flash cart and something like the EZ 3-in-1.
  • Need to be legit copies of the games.
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green is your best bet, really. If you need legit copies, see if you can find a non-Gamestop video game store in your area - the ones that aren't huge and corporate often have fairly big selections of used cartridge games.
  • Non-GameStop for sure. I checked with them and they still want around $30 for Ruby/Sapphire games!

Amazon had some listed for HUNDREDS of DOLLARS!!!!

I may end up picking up a few copies of Platinum instead. Just do not want to spend a lot.

Funny, the news about Pokemon X/Y has brought new life to my Pokemon website...
  • If time's not of the essence, I think I've got a copy of Leaf Green I could send you next time I go home.
  • Ordered five copies of sapphire from CA... Hope they are legit.
  • All five copies are not legit. No Nintendo copyright notice on circuit board and weird loading message every time you load the save game.

I asked either for return and refund or I keep with refund of half the money I paid. I went with an American based seller thinking that if I bid on a Hong Kong auction they would be 100% fakes. This guy might just be buying from HK and reselling fakes in the US.