This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Isotropic (Dominion)

Comments

• Also dumb opponents who take too long on their turns. I wish the game would record median turn lengths for players and display them prominently. Then you could easily filter "play only fast opponents."
    this would be a great feature. i frequently lose to slow players, because i stop paying attention and read my rss while i wait.
    It's nice that it has a timer to let you force people to resign, but it is much too lenient. I say give people five seconds between clicks, including the chatbox. If you go five seconds without clicking, you're done.
  • It's nice that it has a timer to let you force people to resign, but it is much too lenient. I say give people five seconds between clicks, including the chatbox. If you go five seconds without clicking, you're done.
    I would do more chess clock style, with an agreed upon total time. Some turns take longer than others, just because.
  • It's nice that it has a timer to let you force people to resign, but it is much too lenient. I say give people five seconds between clicks, including the chatbox. If you go five seconds without clicking, you're done.
    I would do more chess clock style, with an agreed upon total time. Some turns take longer than others, just because.
    It's ok if the turn takes long. You just can't go five seconds without clicking on something. So if you have a huge combo, you just keep clicking for minutes, or even hours. As long as you don't sit there doing nothing for five seconds.

• edited July 2012
    It's nice that it has a timer to let you force people to resign, but it is much too lenient. I say give people five seconds between clicks, including the chatbox. If you go five seconds without clicking, you're done.
    Especially if Forge is involved.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
    As long as you are clicking.

Also, a problem specific to isotropic. When you have to discard/trash/reorder multiple cards it is very slow because they use checkboxes. You have to aim very precisely to click on them. They should never have those checkboxes. Instead you should click on the actual cards themselves, which are big easy targets to click on. This would speed games up a great deal.

Well, with Forge you sometimes just have to stop and think, since there can be a large number of possibilities when you have a big hand.
    Well, with Forge you sometimes just have to stop and think, since there can be a large number of possibilities when you have a big hand.
    Just keep clicking on the checkboxes to prove that you are there and paying attention.
  • Haha, I'm beating you on the leaderboard, Scott.
    Not exactly a difficult feat to accomplish.
    Yeah, and it probably won't last either. My past few games have been pretty bad and/or unlucky.
    Yeah, and it probably won't last either. My past few games have been pretty bad and/or unlucky.
    I've actually been doing well recently, but it was preceded by a long stream of suck.
  • I see you, Creamsteak.
  • I am teh playing, yes.
  • edited July 2012
    After I win this game, you're next.
    EDIT: Finished.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Got my invite for the G+ dominion thing. Beats the pants off of isotropic.
    Yeah, no. It looks nicer than isotropic, but isn't yet suitable for actual everyday play.

Yeah, no. It looks nicer than isotropic, but isn't yet suitable for actual everyday play.
    ^ i found it really annoying, despite the gleam. Isotropic is actually pretty well thought out, e.g. ability to play all money except coppers in grand market games.
    we simultaneously yay-ed. it made me very happy.
  • edited July 2012
    I got into the official client beta and I'm having trouble getting any matches going. I don't know if it's just because no one is using it or...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2012
    OMG

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/19/game-20120719-124639-538f5d30.html

I felt like I was getting killed the entire game. The other guy had all the grand markets except one. On one turn he bought two colonies and a province. Then on the final turn I governored my entire deck and forged the entire deck. So epic. I don't think I've ever forged so much ever.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • He who controls the actions, plays more monuments (and rules the world).

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/18/game-20120718-090623-9d0cc696.html
  • Well I'm finally not a 0.
  • http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/26/game-20120726-210502-e0fef114.html

Did the ambassador curse open and closed by ambassadoring a province. Still amuses me.
  • Went from 8 to 5, I suck.
  • Went from 8 to 5, I suck.
    it's normal, at least for me. i used to waver between 26-19 now i'm 24-22
  • What she said. If you are serious about getting your rank up, I suggest using the +/- 5 of your rank feature. That way, someone like me or vaguely doesn't come along and stomp you into dust.
  • There are updates to the new goko client. With new cards. That is all.
  • Update from the goko client re: payment

"We will be going live very soon, and with that will be many changes. While we make these changes, you might see some instability for the next couple of days, but be assured that we are working to make Dominion the best it can be. Of these changes, we'd like to point out that the base set cards will be availaible for free, while the other card sets will be available for purchase. You will, however, be able to play with any purchased cards with your friends as long as you set up the table. "
  • One person buy all the cards. Not it.
  • edited August 2012
    Yeah, Jeremy was telling me about this yesterday. There are no prices yet on the expansions. They are also selling card sets and not entire expansions, which I think is lame.

I believe all this becomes available tomorrow and the guy who put out the fan made Dominion iOS will be taking his app down.

@Scott, buy it. You're right.

(Jeremy or myself will probably end up doing this. I hate you.)
    Post edited by Rochelle on