This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime screencaps

Comments

Ken could also be a translation of the word Inu..
  • edited August 2012
    MAGNETO BEER
    HUZZAH! Dat story arc. That fucking story arc. Fabulous.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2012

Chi after eating a hotcake for the first time and planning to get more. I laughed very hard for quite a while.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • What is that from again? I feel that I've seen that, but can't recall.
  • It's October 3, so...
  • What happens on Oct 3? I've never watched FMA.
  • What happens on Oct 3? I've never watched FMA.
    I thought I was last one.
  • At first I thought it was the watch from Planetes, but since that show is set much farther in the future, that can't be.
  • October 3 is my birthday! Yey!
  • Oh little squirrel you are so wrong.
  • I'm watching one the greatest anime ever made and most of you fools likely have never heard of it! PROOF!
  • Okay, that cat-suplex is almost as convincing and Nichijou's goat flip. What anime is that?
  • Okay, that cat-suplex is almost as convincing and Nichijou's goat flip. What anime is that?
    No word shall escape my lips. Find out forumites, make me not be alone in knowing this anime.
  • edited October 2012
    This is going to be a pretty nerdy excursion, but whatevs. So, I'm a big fan of Studio Shaft. The animation quality by them is always superb, even though some of the material they work with is rather subpar. But hey, they made an absolute master piece in Madoka Magica.

Anyway, one of the shows which made me a fan of Shaft (the other being Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) is Pani Poni Dash, which I am currently rewatching after a couple of years. I'm on episode 17 now when I notice the following:
    image.
    Just so you know the setup, its the School festival, the class is doing a cafe, and are wondering why they have to wear maid uniforms.

So those three characters on the left in the obviously different art style and the proper black and white maid uniforms. They are from a manga series called Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru (or "And Yet The Town Moves"). Pani Poni (and Shaft in general) often puts random characters into the background for pop culture reference, but this one is interesting for two reasons:
    1) The episode aired in October of 2005, while the manga itself only started in March 2005. In fact, these characters were so new that Shaft messed up the hair color for two of them.
    2) Shaft would go on to animate SoreMachi in 2010. Talk about an early bird cameo.

I'm also pretty sure that the two characters in the background on the right (which are obscured in the screenshot I took) are a reference to yet another series, but I don't know which.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Truer words have never been spoken.
  • Oh god, when they first stepped out of the cars, I nearly spat out my drink.
  • edited November 2012

This never fails to amuse me to no end.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • edited November 2012
    The greatest password ever.

Post edited by Banta on
  • The greatest password ever.

Not anymore.
    The mouth on the side of the head really get's to me.
  • Is that "Full Metal Panic!" or "Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu!" ?