This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Flea Market

Comments

• I'll shoot you an email later after I think about it but I might be interested in that Dell monitor. Good news is that you could just bring it with you to PAX and I'll just grab it from you.
    I'm not bringing shit to PAX on a plane.
  • Where do you stand on international shipping?
  • Y U NO do this a day ago?
  • edited August 2012
    I will buy that Ultrasharp, no thought required. Can you arrange shipping?

EDIT: Not 1080p or better. Reconsidering.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    You pay for it, and also for my hassle.
  • edited August 2012
    I'll shoot you an email later after I think about it but I might be interested in that Dell monitor. Good news is that you could just bring it with you to PAX and I'll just grab it from you.
    I'm not bringing shit to PAX on a plane.
    Well why not? Just check it. If you don't already get free checking on one item it's cheaper for me to pay you to check it than to ship it (or about the same).
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Lugging stuff that is non essential across the country is annoying probably.
  • edited August 2012
    Lugging stuff that is non essential across the country is annoying probably.
    Nah I've flown in planes regularly since I was 12. It's a pain in the ass if you want it to be.
  • I fly all the time, and I bring as little as possible with me. I guarantee Scott won't bring anything to PAX, nor would I. ;^)
  • I fly all the time, and I bring as little as possible with me. I guarantee Scott won't bring anything to PAX, nor would I. ;^)
    Yeah I do too, backpack and small duffle bag. It'd probably just be easier to the same thing locally anyway.
    You pay for it, and also for my hassle.
    What's your pricing structure for your hassle?
  • Reach arounds.
  • Lube is a hidden cost center there. Shit's expensive.
  • edited August 2012
    I see your game. You bring in people with your low prices, then you gouge them with the hassle.
  • I see your game. You bring in people with your low prices, then you gouge them with the hassle.
    By the reach-around hypothesis, I think it's you who'll be doing the gouging here.

• I should point out, that was a serious question on Ampersand's behalf. I know that if I were invoicing you for my hassle, it doesn't come cheap.
  • Dell monitor and Fujitsu are taken, but the rest is still available.
  • I have a few things to sell on craigslist.
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/ele/3230092831.html
  • Anyone near Albany interested a washer. dryer, table, coffee tables, AC's, chairs, couch, a billion Magic cards, or a library of 3.5D&D books?
  • Anyone near Albany interested a washer. dryer, table, coffee tables, AC's, chairs, couch, a billion Magic cards, or a library of 3.5D&D books?
    I never considered getting rid of my D&D 3.X books. I'm pretty sure I'll never use this Manual of the Planes.
    Nuri's brother may be interested in the Magic cards.

• I've considering just giving the books to my collage gaming club, or trying to sell them to a local gaming store.

Zombie Planet wouldn't touch them, but Flights of Fantasy sells a lot of used books. They're my best cash option.
  • I've still got a sealed copy of Settlers of Catan 3rd edition I'd sell if anyone is interested.
  • I've still got a sealed copy of Settlers of Catan 3rd edition I'd sell if anyone is interested.
    How much?
  • Hmm, 50 bucks? That seems to be the middle price on ebay.
  • Hmm, 50 bucks? That seems to be the middle price on ebay.
    Settlers of Catan is $33.60 on Amazon. Besides that, it should be a friendly price, seeing as you're giving it to someone you know, and ostensibly wish to give them a good price.
  • It's the 3rd edition, which goes for more as its no longer made. And I'll take less, you just start high and haggle to an agreeable price.
  • edited August 2012
    From what I've been reading on BGG and other sites, the 4th edition is considered better based on several things:

Interlocking border/frame for the hexes
    Better artwork/color
    Molding to hold pieces in place in the box

Also to replace the cards in 3rd edition would be more difficult if you were to lose them/mess them up vs 4th edition cards. This also applies to expansions. From what I read, if you get 3rd edition, you have to get the expansions that are 3rd edition as well. Rules have changed in 4th ed. vs 3rd ed.

Overall, it seems to be better to stick with 4th edition vs. $50 to have 3rd edition because it's no longer in print.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I got it for 25 cents at a garage sale so don't hate
  • I got it for 25 cents at a garage sale so don't hate
    I'll pay ¢26 (Plus shipping).