This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Flea Market

Comments

• So me basically informing Sail the pros and cons of 3rd ed. vs 4th ed. to where you're trying to nickel and dime him is hating?

Right.

Overall, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for any version of Settlers. It's a fun game, but there are better games worth owning for $50. I get all the Settlers fix from the XBLA game anyways.
  • edited August 2012
    Yeah, the highest I'd be willing to pay is $20 incl. shipping. The main reason I don't have Settlers already is because I think ~$35 on Amazon is too much. I can honestly take or leave this game, so if you think you can get $50 for it on eBay, then go for it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Hey Wyatt, my friends have been playing a lot of Magic lately I'd be interested in your cards just for funs :-p
  • If there are going to be deals on Magic cards, I would be interested. MTG is more or less the unifying game for nerds at my school, which disappoints me because these are supposedly some of the smartest kids in the country.
  • Its cool. I'm not hard up for cash and I don't want to rip anybody off either. I'll probably just throw it in craigslist or something if I feel like it.
  • Anyone interested in a somewhat used lime green iPad smart cover? It's the newer version. $30 + shipping o.b.o. I'll even throw in an older very used iPad green Smart Cover with the original gray microfiber inside.
  • edited September 2012
    I am looking for a very specific thing.
    Okay, so some Dell LCD monitors come with a speaker bar that attaches to the monitor.
    It would look something like this:

I would be willing to buy this from one of you, but I need to know the voltage and amperage beforehand. I plan on mounting it under my new bike's handlebars, so I need to plan for power first.

It doesn't have to be exactly that. Any speaker that is about that size and shape would do.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Wouldn't it just be easier to buy some decent portable speakers and just build a mount? My mom has one of those things and it sounds pretty shitty.
  • If anyone is in New York, I should like to give up our queen sized futon. It folds the long way, so it's a loveseat when in non-bed conformation. It's actually a pretty nice futon, but I have little room for it and want to replace it with something smaller.
  • Wouldn't it just be easier to buy some decent portable speakers and just build a mount? My mom has one of those things and it sounds pretty shitty.
    Got any recommendations for portable speakers?
    Well I haven't used too many but I'd bet a little iHome one or similar thing would probably sound better and be a lot more convenient.
    This is what you want. I don't know if it's any good, but I do know that the design kicks ass.
  • Might be a pain to mount on his bike though.
  • Isn't the point that we're kicking it old school? It ought to be.
  • It needs to fit under my handle bars without being too heavy and without touching the front wheel. In other words, it needs to be small.
  • edited September 2012
    Does it have to be that exact brand? We're swimming in those at my office (including some Dell ones that look relatively similar). I'll see if I can swipe one for you on monday.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • if Schnevets is unable to get one, the jambox speaker might work, especially if you're using a bluetooth device for sound.
  • Anyone got an old GSM smartphone they're hurting to liquidate?
  • Does it have to be that exact brand? We're swimming in those at my office (including some Dell ones that look relatively similar). I'll see if I can swipe one for you on monday.
    Nevermind. I built something.
  • edited September 2012
    Does it have to be that exact brand? We're swimming in those at my office (including some Dell ones that look relatively similar). I'll see if I can swipe one for you on monday.
    Nevermind. I built something.
    Good. Because when I said we're swimming in them, it turns out I meant to say was apparently "we're out of them, but a new shipment is gonna come any day now."
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Speaking of the speaker I built:
  • What speakers did you end up using?
  • edited September 2012
    I ended up gutting the speaker I originally had on the bike as well as its other half.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • For sale: 2 used PAX Sumo bags. Free if you can come and pick them up.

1 bag has a tear but it currently secured by tape and can probably be patched up.

We honestly don't have the room for them and the cats got the most use out of them than we did. They are fairly clean. Last time they were used was on a grass area for Nerf Wars. There is no cat droppings of any kind, fyi. Just possible cat fur.
  • edited October 2012
    I want them and I can repair them and I am not allergic to cats. I will pay the cost of shipping if you do me this solid.

Please. I am a scientist in college and Sumo Bags are my JAM.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited October 2012
    Man, shipping is going to be a pain. Also someone who is local just responded to claiming on the Facebooks. :(
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • They do cost a LOT to ship IIRC.
  • They do cost a LOT to ship IIRC.
    If it's $50 each, I can do that.
  • I have another airsoft gun that I am looking to sell.

Link

It's a slightly used G36C, from JG. It's had maybe 1000 rounds put through it, and the barrel has been recently cleaned (which is the most maintenance that needs to occur at this point). I'll be including 2 hi-capacity magazines and whatever mid capacity magazines I can find, as well as a pair of batteries.

Considering you can find these guns for $125 new, I'll sell all of the above for $100 + shipping. Normally, you'd be paying:

$125 for the gun
    $15 per battery
    $15 per high cap
    $10 per mid cap

So that right there would be almost $200 new. Hit me up for more info or whatever.
  • Man, all the good higher end airsoft guns cost as much as real guns. Though It wouldn't be quite as bad if I actually knew many people who'd be willing to play, but still. (I'm not complaining about your post, as that seems like a good deal. I'm just complaining about airsoft in general)