This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

edited November 2012 in GeekNights

As of a few hours ago, GeekNights has an official CounterStrike: Global Offensive server!

GeekNights Official

geeknights.game.nfoservers.com

There's no password yet, but there probably will be soon once we have critical mass. Email us or post in the thread if you find the server full. Also post in the thread if you have a particular map you want us to run in the rotation. Unless anyone objects, we'll have alltalk on most of the time, but we'll turn that off whenever we play for serious.

Source Link

Comments

• I plan to make the following changes in the near future:

Alltalk on
    A few extra maps
    No Dust2 (I'm so sick of that map)
    Settings somewhere between casual defaults and competitive defaults

This will be the default. I plan to chance it to competitive mode straight (or gungame or whatever) whenever we have a GeekNights/FRCF event!
  • Sweet, I'll probably have a tumble there on a semi-regular basis.
  • I'll probably play some more now
  • edited November 2012
    Sweet, I'll probably have a tumble there on a semi-regular basis.
    I'll probably play some more now
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Sweet, I'll probably have a tumble there on a semi-regular basis.
    I'll probably play some more now
  • Im stuck in bed for three days so Ill probably get in on this.
  • I updated the server to still be competitive mode, but with casual-mode round/time limits.
  • So I'm hopping on this for a bit tonight, anyone going to join me?
  • It is the bed-time. That was some good striking.

I am encouraged that in a game where I am positive there is no cheating, I am very good.
  • edited November 2012
    I suspect it's just a little pond situation.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • With all of the talk about how CS is your game I feel good that I'm able to keep up in the FRCF server, especially when it was just me against Rym and Scott.
  • I suspect it's just a little pond situation.
    The bots are pretty bad. I need to tweak them.
  • If we get enough regulars, I want it to be 8v8 rather than 6v6. Makes for more dynamic firefights.
  • dust2 is on here.
  • I am not a bot Rym :)

Yeah the bots are rather easy. I was doing way better than normal.
  • The bots are weak, but the takeover option for dead players is a big help.

Also tonight's games were fun as fuck, I'll keep coming back.
  • one of the bots on my team was running into a box on that jungle level
  • I'm debating getting on there now, or going to sleep. This is a hard decision to make...
  • We need a Geeknights group for XBL. Or tell me where it is if we have one.
  • You probably could just join the geeknights group on steam.
  • I'm hopping on if peeps are interested in throwing down tonight.
  • I'll join up.
  • I was supposed to go to bed, but...
  • Awesome. Stream updated my CS:GO to 12130, but my server is still running 12120 despite a reboot. Seems about half the servers out there are still running the latter, but because I let Steam upgrade me, I can't play on any of them until the update is pushed everywhere.

-_-*
  • edited November 2012
    Awesome. Stream updated my CS:GO to 12130, but my server is still running 12120 despite a reboot. Seems about half the servers out there are still running the latter, but because I let Steam upgrade me, I can't play on any of them until the update is pushed everywhere.

-_-*
    Do you have SteamCMD access on your server? If so, you can do a manual update with the following commands.
    login user pass
    force_install_dir [install dir]
    app_update 740
    exit
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I understand there is a certain benefit to silent upgrades, but it would be nice for games like cs if they tell you they upgraded.
  • I am going to tweak the server in a moment. I might shift it to gungame temporarily. =) Deciding, then I'll play!
  • Are you still deciding?
  • I'm just going to join in some minutes.
  • Like, 15 minutes.