This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movember: Grow your hair for cancer! aka Beard Wars!

14567810»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Final for the month
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited November 2011
    You guys really should be taking these pictures with aviator sunglasses and a toothpick in your mouth.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • You guys really should be taking these pictures with aviator sunglasses and a toothpick in your mouth.
    George and I both agreed that we're not shaving them off until after this weekend. So, we can make this happen.

George, you game?

• edited November 2011
    You guys really should be taking these pictures with aviator sunglasses and a toothpick in your mouth.
    (Didn't have any toothpicks.)
    Post edited by Churba on
  • You guys really should be taking these pictures with aviator sunglasses and a toothpick in your mouth.
    George and I both agreed that we're not shaving them off until after this weekend. So, we can make this happen.

George, you game?
    You know it dude.
    [Bat Country]
    (Didn't have any toothpicks.)
    Game fuckin' Over.
  • edited December 2011
    Damn Churba, you make me question whether you attached a furry woodland creature to your face. (Meant to save this as a draft, ugh. Ignore prior stupid comment.)

Here is me making a face,

and here is the best photo I could get.

I suck at taking photos of myself. I will have my wife do with when she gets a chance. I may keep my beard though. It is kind of nice. I think I will actually trim my goatee, which I have not done in months, to make it once it gets a little longer.

Post edited by canine224 on
  • Damn Churba, you make me question whether you attached a furry woodland creature to your face. (Meant to save this as a draft, ugh. Ignore prior stupid comment.)
    I do, in fact, but it's hidden inside my beard.

• I had my beard trimmed, for a funeral. Was getting a tad too unruly looking mostly because I only started getting a full beard 2 years ago. And I had such pride in it...I never wanted to shave it. And I feel like if I shave it now, it won't grow enough in time for Magfest.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my beard trimmed, for a funeral. Was getting a tad too unruly looking mostly because I only started getting a full beard 2 years ago. And I had such pride in it...I never wanted to shave it. And I feel like if I shave it now, it won't grow enough in time for Magfest.
    I do trim mine from time to time, just for the sake of neatness - I do get some stubbornly out-sticking hairs, and at the side it can get a bit mental, so I take my clippers and just kinda wave them at that general area, to bring the outliers more into line, and generally serve an example to the rest of them as to what happens if you don't conform to my wishes. My face is not a democracy.

Last time I had serious in-person business, like, suit and tie kinda stuff, I chucked the longest blade on the clippers, and buzzed it back, just so it looked a lot neater.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Better late than sorry
  • So, anyone planning on doing this again this year?
  • I've already started.
  • edited October 2012
    I've already started.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Well I have been growing my beard out for a while too but I meant being clean shaven on November 1 and starting fresh.
  • Ehh... I look weird with long hair and no beard.
  • Yeah, that is something I will have to deal with too. I look like a teenager without facial hair.
  • So do I, but its a different dynamic.
  • ILike wise I go from looking like a haggard 30 to a youthful 20 in one shave, I'm 22 for the record. Need to get rid of it for a party tomorrow so might get in on this grow some elaborate facial decoration.
  • I can neither beard nor mustache. I just don't have the hair power.
  • I can neither beard nor mustache. I just don't have the hair power.
    It's not the beard on the outside that matters, it's the beard on the inside! Some darling attach the picture please.
  • I'm not sure if I like my face bearded or unbearded after much experimentation. Though noticing that unbearded spell-checks to unguarded... I think the answer is obvious. I can't leave my face unguarded.
  • How's it all going? Mine's not looking so special...

I'm not getting much sponsorship. I sent my charity page around my friends and works mates and they don't seem to be so excited. Maybe I need to sell it with sales skills or something.
  • I'm out this year, but I can find some dollars for the people that are in.
  • edited November 2012
    Here is me in the lab

Post edited by Erwin on
  • My beard doesn't seem to be coming in as thick as last year which is strange.
  • Off to a half-decent start.
  • Another year, another dirty stache image