This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Games

edited December 2012 in Video Games
It seems like the mobile board game thread has absorbed all discussion of mobile games in general. I keep getting confused.

Anywya, has anyone heard anything about Knights of Pen & Paper?

http://beholdstudios.com.br/knights-of-pen-paper/

Comments

• Knights of PnP is pretty cool. It really wastes your damn time, though, like it takes a lot of your earned GP + like 8 hours real time (or something like that) just to get a new sword forged.
  • Also I just brought up Spaceteam in the mobile board game thread so I'll mention it here. Everyone get it + play it, its really cool.
  • Baldur's Gate is on iPad. BRB have to solve mystery.
  • Baldur's Gate is on iPad. BRB have to solve mystery.
    I hated the Baldur's Gate back in the day. But I am very curious of the new enhanced improved edition is more playable.

Site note, does anyone know where to get Gold Box games? I want to play some for research purposes.

• Site note, does anyone know where to get Gold Box games? I want to play some for research purposes.
    I thought you can grab them off of GOG if I am not mistaken.
  • edited December 2012
    I have the gold box games on floppies but no floppy drive :(

I think I also have the CD-ROM collection version, somewhere .

Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • If you hated Baldur's Gate back in the day, you will hate this. It is basically a very good mod plus all the expansions bottled into one package. The UI is fairly rough just now, I might wait until a patch or two is out.

Plus it is $10. That's a bit much if you're going to hate the game anyway.
  • I still have BG1 on CD and Sword Coast. Bought it near release but never had time to play. Is it worth the time to play?

• Site note, does anyone know where to get Gold Box games? I want to play some for research purposes.
    I thought you can grab them off of GOG if I am not mistaken.
    You are mistaken. I challenge you to produce a GOG link.
  • edited December 2012
    Writer Rumble. The fighter word game that was at PAX Prime 2011 that Jeremy and I have been waiting for. It's real time fighting. It was previously known as Word Fighter. Play us!

Me: RosakaM
    Jeremy: neocloud09
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Also, if you like WW2 fighter plane combat pick up Sky Gamblers for $5. It is very good. Controls are arcadey and the damage model is simple, but it does a good job of being fun. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but the single player is fun.
  • It seems like the mobile board game thread has absorbed all discussion of mobile games in general. I keep getting confused.

Anywya, has anyone heard anything about Knights of Pen & Paper?

http://beholdstudios.com.br/knights-of-pen-paper/
    Yeah I did most of that derailing. Nice to have a separate thread.

I would advise staying away from Knights of Pen & Paper. I sunk some time into it (and johndis is right, it does waste your time), only to realize that it starts throwing up difficulty walls that feel a bit artificial when the pay-to-progress options are presented. I really like the game's style, how it rolls up the game world and the "outside" world into one experience. Pretty cool, but the business model turned me off.

• edited December 2012
    I like Writer Rumble, but they need to fix notifications to where you don't have to be online in the game to send challenges to friends. Agatha is my favorite person to use.
  • I need a new chump, er, friend for the Simpsons Tapped Out Farmville clone.
  • Almost have the Bowlarama and decided to grow corn!
  • Almost have the Bowlarama and decided to grow corn!
    Is anyone friends with you that is not friends with me?
  • edited December 2012
    I have no idea. My only friends are you, Jeremy, shadyavenue, kungset, Greglebowski74, and marks1993. You should put something on your GN Twitter/email to add you as a friend. :P

Just got the Bowlarama and Barney. Now I just need to unlock the quest to get Mr. Krabappel.
  • edited December 2012
    I'm not friends with any of those people except Jeremy! I will add them. The only other friends I have are my brother alexhbk86 and one of scojo's friends sanna723.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Two of them aren't currently active from what I can see. Well, they haven't changed any of their houses with Christmas lights to collect Santa Coins from.

Easiest way to earn coins: put Lisa, Bart, Marge, and Ned on their coin tasks. As soon as you get 50, upgrade any house that is available to Christmas lights. Then you can easily get 150 to make the Mapple store. After that you get the store, Lisa, Homer, and Ned (iirc) have a 5 hour quest in the Mapple store. Then save 200 coins to make the Bowlarama to get Barney.
  • You can now gift iOS apps to people. Feel free to buy me all the games that cost a lot of money. Infinity Blade 2 perhaps?
  • Yeah, I gifted Jeremy Alien Frontiers a while ago. He is happy. I haven't played mine because I roll like that.
  • I got infinity blade 2 for .99, how much is it now?
  • I got infinity blade 2 for .99, how much is it now?
    $7
  • edited December 2012
    lol fuck that. BTW Baldurs Gate EE on ipad is not very good. It's kinda buggy. I literally got the game into a state where I could not continue IN THE FUCKING TUTORIAL WHAT?!
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited December 2012
    Oh that game. I forget when Jeremy bought that, but it looks cool.
  • Hello has anyone played spaceteam yet its really really good. Play it
  • edited December 2012
    Also Final Fantasy Theatrhythm just came out for ios the other day. Its free but most of the songs/characters are IAP. I think its like $40 for everything, ahha. But its a pretty cool game tho.
    Post edited by johndis on
  • I watched people play Spaceteam. Fuck you, Android OS.
  • Spacteam is free? I'll try that when I get home.
  • I watched people play Spaceteam. Fuck you, Android OS.
    Here's a bit of brotherly advice: buy an Apple iPhone