This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• edited February 2013
    If you plan to use Wyldside in your deck, beware. Jeremy had that going and didn't have enough econ go play his cards and kept discarding. Now that Public Sympathy is out, it would be a good idea to use that in your deck with Wyldside.

I took apart my Kate Shaper deck and am currently trying to create a deck with 40-42 cards with Chaos Theory. It's a bit tricky, but I hope I can do it. If not, I'll just go back to Kate. I'm definitely packing Personal Workshop, Snitch, and Test run in this deck.

Edit: As for your Grimoire, two should be fine. I had two Toolboxes in my Kate deck and was able to get it out on most games.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • 2 consoles should be fine as long as you have some card draw, and you can always mulligan to try to get one in your opening hand. My problem with anarch was also not getting my econ cards, but Ro would also purge my virus counters after anything good got more than 3 on it. Not being able to run due to no econ cards more or less shut down Parasite as there weren't any rezzed ICE to play them on. I have learned a bit about deck building since then, so I might try it again. Also, since the Runner can't just randomly trash cards to get rid of them, Wyldside is kind of tricky to keep up with.
  • How to anarch - basic - Use parasite and data sucker combo to completely destroy ICE. Splash aesop's pawn shop to get credits. Use deja vu to get the parasites and pawned cards back in your hand. Destroy more ice. Only destroy big ICE on R+D that you can't break with the weak anarch icebreakers. Keep running on the defenseless R+D. Ignore whatever else the corp is up to. Use demolition run and medium to win. If they remove counters, great. They just wasted a whole turn not re-defending R+D. Keep hitting it until you win. Every other card in the deck should just make this machine more efficient.
  • Also, splashing in Aesop's gives you an out for Wyldside, and can net you an extra credit if Armitage Codebusting only has 2 tokens left.
  • I changed my runner deck just now from Kate to Chaos Theory. The Kate deck was pretty good, and I played it well, but it wasn't consistent enough. Sometimes it would destroy people in a handful of turns. Sometimes it would just fail. Chaos Theory means a smaller deck, so I think I can get it to work the same way every time. It also has more memory which means more room for tricky programs.

I figured out how to play the Jinteki horizontal game properly, so I slightly patched the deck to make that work.

Lastly, I made a second corporate deck. I noticed a funny combo using some new cards, and I created this deck only to test if it actually works.
  • Would love to play some Android: #Netrunner tonight or tomorrow webcam or in person since it is a holiday.
  • I will be down for tomorrow. I am leaving soon for the Seattle gaming. I just tested my Chaos Theory against Jeremy's Weyland deck. Oh mans, it did so well especially with Test Run to get Magnum Opus out for my Econ.
  • I will be down for tomorrow. I am leaving soon for the Seattle gaming. I just tested my Chaos Theory against Jeremy's Weyland deck. Oh mans, it did so well especially with Test Run to get Magnum Opus out for my Econ.
    Yeah, that's the ticket. Test Run is the great smoother outer... :)

I should set up my cam...
  • If this is done with google hangout, may I watch? I would like to see it played and see how you manage the webcams for when I get my cards.
  • It doesn't matter to me, however if you have a webcam and you talk, I believe the Google hangout will focus on your webcam and we won't be able to see our opponents cards.

There maybe a way to have the settings not focus on you ever or just put your shit on mute.

I went to Card Kingdom last night and was able to get in four games with new peoples. I lost all of them, but saw how my decks were not working out. Two of them were close. I plan on making some changes before I play Rubin.

Card Kingdom is a really cool place, but seriously a bit far away. They need to put one in Tacoma, which is much closer to me. Or I could move to Seattle, but that's too expensive.
  • edited February 2013
    if you have a webcam and you talk, I believe the Google hangout will focus on your webcam and we won't be able to see our opponents cards.
    In Google+ Hangouts, you can click on the thumbnail of someone and it will lock your view on that person until you click on their thumbnail again.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • edited February 2013
    double post because i'm an idiot
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I cannot find the first expansion card kingdom, gamma ray, and the entire internets seem to be out of stock.
  • I cannot find the first expansion card kingdom, gamma ray, and the entire internets seem to be out of stock.
    Oh shit, do they just print one run of each? That can't be.
    Oh shit, do they just print one run of each? That can't be.
    I hear they runs, but they will do another Trace Amount run soonish. So I guess you may see it waver in and out of stock until it eventually catches up.

• All the game stores in my area say they should be getting a shipment this week, but one of them said that they would get a shipment last week so who knows.
  • FYI, Scott and I'll be playing in a half hour or so. You'll see the G+ stuff on our feeds if you care to watch.
  • Aw man, it is 8.30am Tuesday the 19th here, in NZ. I am at work.

This is never going to happen is it... :/
  • I might watch actually, I'll check the google+
  • I have you both in my circles and nothing in the feed yet. Admittedly, I'm a G+ newb. You guys begun yet?
  • I have you both in my circles and nothing in the feed yet. Admittedly, I'm a G+ newb. You guys begun yet?
    Lol yeah I've never used it before either. I don't get it.
  • Chum - Chum - Wall of Ice is pretty loltastic. But she jacked out so I guess, mission accomplished? haha
  • Chum - Chum - Wall of Ice is pretty loltastic. But she jacked out so I guess, mission accomplished? haha
    Did I G+ wrong or is this something else?
  • They are playing and have been for about a little over an hour. I hit up Ro and she invited me to the hangout. They are playing their final game.
  • Ah bummer. Dumb G+
  • So much Netrunner. Time to take a break. (ᴗ ˳ ᴗ)
  • Tried the NBN deck I made. It didn't work, as predicted, but was clever. The idea was to put advanceable ICE into an NBN deck and advance it like crazy. A server with an ice wall, a pop-up window and a matrix analyzer gets stronger each time you run. Cute.

The problem is that femme fatale and parasite can destroy it easily. The effort spent advancing the ICE could have been spent advancing agendas. The deck is pretty good at tagging the runner, but only capitalizes on it with psychographics, which I wasn't able to use even once.

Maybe one day in the future these ideas will work out better.
  • I just put together the most boring straightforward deck ever. It's soooo boring. But it might just work.
  • I finally got to play my first 2 games of this ever on Wednesday. It was as fun as I had hoped! I did find a few problems playing the Corp (expanded below) but playing Runner was awesome.

The gentleman whose set we used had literally just opened the box and we added all the sides neutral cards to the chosen faction for our decks. No building whatsoever.

For the first game, he chose to play Corp so I selected Anarchs as my runner whilst my opponent played Jinteki. My opening hand was fairly unremarkable containing Demolition Run (not a fan of this card), Yog.0, Deja Vu, Wyrm, and Sure Gamble. He installs ICE on a remote and R&D and gains a credit.

I gamble most surely, draw Djinn, install Yog.0, run on H.Q. finding ICE, and gain a credit. Corp adds a second ice to his remote and gains 2 credits.

I run on R&D and run face first into a Wall of Static. I install Djinn, pay a credit and search for a Parasite using Djinn, immediately attaching it to the Wall of Ice. Corp installs in the double remote and on a new remote and put an ICE in front of it.

At this point I'm convinced he doesn't have any agendas in his hand so I decide to poke at the remote. I draw up to 5 (Infiltration) and run on the doubly ICE'd remote. He doesn't rez the first ICE and the second is a rez'd Wall of Static. I then search out a Datasucker and install it. During my discard phase, Corp rez's 2 PAD campaigns. Uh oh!

He finally installs some ICE in front of HQ, draws a card, and gains a credit. At this point, I know something has to be done quickly. I make a run at HQ and he rez's Enigma which I break in half. I'm not sure if he forgot about the Yog.0 or what but yay for me! I get into his hand and score an agenda worth 2 points. I take my net damage and discard Deja Vu. I then run at the PAD with a single ICE in front of it. He rez's a Hunter and dutifully take my tag.

At this point, I'm willing to let the tag go since I feel like I *need* to deal with those PADs. I access it and destroy it. I draw a Corroder and a Armitage Codebusting to finish my turn. The Corp installs a second ICE on R&D and gains 2 credits.

Parasite kills the Wall of Static in front of R&D. I play Armitage and gain 6 credits. Corp installs in the single ICE remote, puts another ICE in front of it, and advances it. I fully believe it is an agenda and I decide at that moment to let him have it. I've got other things to do.

I gain 2 credits from Armitage, activate Djinn to find a parasite, finally remove my tag, and run on R&D showing a Melange Mining Corp. The Corp advances and scores a private security firm. Dang it, now that Hunter is a pain in the ass! I discard Demolition Run.

At this point, I feel like I'm ahead so I want to press that by still getting rid of his PAD. I parasite the Wall of Static, play my Corroder, run at Archives and find an agenda for 2, and run at the PAD. He rezs not the first bit of Ice and I use Datasucker to kill the Wall of Static and destroy the PAD.

At this point, I have no economy but thankfully neither does the Corp. I've got 2 of my Icebreakers and a small cache of viruses on Djinn. Good times. The Corp gains 2 credits and plays Hedge Fund. Shit. There goes the whole no economy thing.

I draw a card and find it's Wyldside. I gain 2 credits and play Wyldside.

At this point, my memory goes hazy. I rode the Wildside through a few Data Mines, got 2 of my 3 Cyber Feeders and eventually ran at the Hunter and took the tag hopign the Corp would nuke Wyldside, which they did. In the end, I won without the Corp scoring another point. He went many turns without drawing agendas or traps so when I noticed he wasn't installing anything in remotes, I just fetched up Medium and kept attacking R&D.

tl;dr my game as Corp... He rode a Magnum Opus, Crypsis, The Personal touch draw (all out and in play within 3 turns) all over my mulliganed triple Tollbooth 2 agenda opening hand. His first turn Makers Eye scoring 3 agendas for 5 points didn't help either.

I LOVE THIS GAME! I need moar monies to buy cards so I can make other people play it with me! =D