This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• Really, watching games on Youtube is a great way to learn things. I've learned a lot watching games online and in person.
  • Throwing together some decks with my base set; the current plan is to make an Anarch deck (or at least splash for Wyldside, those cards!), but I'm undecided on corp since I haven't played anything but Jinteki.
    Wyldside can be dangerous if you don't have the econ to back it up, which is why I pulled it out of my deck. It might pair well with magnum opus, but then you start getting lean on clicks to keep up.

I will be able to get some more time to focus on playing again soon.
  • edited March 2013
    Most people use Aesop's pawnshop with Wyldside. It gets you economy while using the Wyldside and lets you trash the Wyldside when it is no longer needed.

Some use Magnum for economy, but others use sure gamble, armitage, and/or liberated accounts. The idea is that you play it in a Noise deck. You keep drawing viruses and installing them. Then you use deja vu and test run to pull them out of archives and install them again. You also use Djinn to hold the datasuckers in memory and to dig up more viruses.

Think about it. You draw through your deck really fast with Wyldside. You get parasites and datasuckers and test run. You also use Djinn to get viruses and hold cards like datasucker, medium and nerve agent in memory.

All the Anarch programs are really cheap. Datasucker is 1, parasite is 2. You don't need that much money. If you trash them with Aesop's you come out on top. Just keep installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling viruses. Use the parasites to keep destroying all the ice on R+D so the corp can't defend it. Run archives when it is full of sloughed cards. Run R+D with medium when the ICE is gone.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I will be able to get some more time to focus on playing again soon.
    Keeping this here for posterity as future proof and evidence if he reneges out of this.
  • That's the Noise deck that I run, Scott. It's pretty brutal. I'm considering splashing in the new Criminal console into the deck so I can get the free second run. I figure it'll be a good way of pumping up spent virus counters on my Datasuckers.
  • I'm playing my first games online and this odd situation come up. Can an ICE host more than 1 parasite? Opponent and I both checked the rules really quick and didn't see anything that said I couldn't do it. Just curious. Our on the spot ruling was "you can".
  • I'm playing my first games online and this odd situation come up. Can an ICE host more than 1 parasite? Opponent and I both checked the rules really quick and didn't see anything that said I couldn't do it. Just curious. Our on the spot ruling was "you can".
    Absolutely yes. The ICE will decrease in strength by 2 every turn that way.

• That was my intent. He had a wall of ice (str 7 when the question arose) and one parasite. I had my Corroder so it was important.
  • Yeah, disintegrating that ice wall will hurt his ability to use commercialization or trick of light.
  • As it turns out, the game ended before that remote became a factor again. I had a medium with 4 counters (which I do not understand why he let it stay that large). I demo run'd the top 4 away and then hit it again for 5 cards and won.
  • As it turns out, the game ended before that remote became a factor again. I had a medium with 4 counters (which I do not understand why he let it stay that large). I demo run'd the top 4 away and then hit it again for 5 cards and won.
    Why they no clear virus counters?!

• edited March 2013
    Dat's what I said!

I don't know what the general perception of Marked Accounts is but it seems playable. The trash cost is big and you only need it to tick twice to pay off. Early on, it seems less innocuous than pad campaign, which may work in its favor.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Dat's what I said!

I don't know what the general perception of Marked Accounts is but it seems playable. The trash cost is big and you only need it to tick twice to pay off. Early on, it seems less innocuous than pad campaign, which may work in its favor.
    Marked accounts is pretty good. Usually use them along with PAD Campaign.
  • I made my first Corp deck (and runner deck, for that matter) last night and the only game i've played with it, they worked well. The deck included both PAD and MA. I was ticking for 5 credits, most turns. It was glorious.
  • I made my first Corp deck (and runner deck, for that matter) last night and the only game i've played with it, they worked well. The deck included both PAD and MA. I was ticking for 5 credits, most turns. It was glorious.
    Sounds like the runner did not learn the valuable lesson. If you see an economy asset, blow that shit up ASAP.
  • Intellectually, you know you should but there is also a strong urge (at least in me) to let the "Just ONE more turn before I get around to it" feeling win again and again. In that sense, the loading of MA is a detriment against an experienced player but it also is a fairly crushing blow if it's online turn one or two. That very choice/feels is the reason I can easily run both, in some decks.
  • Intellectually, you know you should but there is also a strong urge (at least in me) to let the "Just ONE more turn before I get around to it" feeling win again and again. In that sense, the loading of MA is a detriment against an experienced player but it also is a fairly crushing blow if it's online turn one or two. That very choice/feels is the reason I can easily run both, in some decks.
    I do not have that feeling. If there is no immediate other situation of higher importance, like an agenda about to score, that PAD is going down and going down hard.
  • Or an unloaded MA?
  • Or an unloaded MA?
    I would kill a PAD before I killed an MA because the corp has to waste clicks filling up the MA. Unless of course the corp already filled it up a whole bunch with a ton of clicks. Then I gotta hit it fast to make sure those clicks go to waste.
  • Well loading it with more than 1 click at a time early (sic: no ice in front of it) is silly. I personally see it as something you run naked, never load more than 3 at a time and let it milk. The only exception is if I want to dare them to run it to either "waste" the creds or the click. If that's the case, I'm happy with the outcome.
  • Well loading it with more than 1 click at a time early (sic: no ice in front of it) is silly. I personally see it as something you run naked, never load more than 3 at a time and let it milk. The only exception is if I want to dare them to run it to either "waste" the creds or the click. If that's the case, I'm happy with the outcome.
    I've seen people load it up with two clicks worth. Usually this doesn't mean 6 tokens, but 4 or 5. Some turns you just don't have much to do besides get credits. Might as well load up the old MA now than worry about doing it later.
  • edited March 2013
    I'd say that's a marginal play. If your econ is in that dire or healthy a state that you can't correctly establish the relative value of the card to the Corps economy, you're missing something.

If I was a runner and saw that, I'd likely run it and kill it, based on my econ and the ice in front of it.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Melange is really the must-kill. I always make sure I have a spare credit before I run R+D or HQ so I can trash a melange if there is one in there.
  • Running with at least some number of creds is always smart.

I've also heard a great number of players strongly suggest to never run with your 4th click. I haven't seen any strong evidence to support the claim (in all 5 games I've played) but I presume there is a good reason for it.
  • edited March 2013
    You get a tag. Also make sure you have enough credits for Tollbooth and getting rid of tags. That's at least 5 credits not including your others to run on Ice.

Also pretty much for any sort of evil HB Ice.

I was foolish enough to forget this fact when I ran on Rym at PAX and took some serious brain damage.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Running with at least some number of creds is always smart.

I've also heard a great number of players strongly suggest to never run with your 4th click. I haven't seen any strong evidence to support the claim (in all 5 games I've played) but I presume there is a good reason for it.
    Almost never run with the 4th click. There are MANY reasons to do so.

1) If you get tagged during the run you will have a click left after the run to remove the tag.
    2) If there is a bioroid ICE, you can use clicks to break through it.
    3) If there is a red herrings, you may need to run twice to score the agenda.

The only reason I see to run on the last click is if the corp will definitely win on their turn, and you absolutely needed the other three clicks to get credits for the agenda steal before running on the fourth click.
  • Well, I usually do probe runs early in the turn so getting ambushed by HB ice hasn't really happened to me yet. I suppose people who use my logic are the reason Hourglass was printed.
  • edited March 2013
    Solution: play more games with different people with different decks.

Also Scott, give me links for that Netrunner playmat thingy along with website that can do that. I can't access BGG at work. I would greatly appreciate it.

Those mats were cool to play on.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Well, I usually do probe runs early in the turn so getting ambushed by HB ice hasn't really happened to me yet. I suppose people who use my logic are the reason Hourglass was printed.
    Also Enigma. Also, E3 feedback implants. Also if you know the ICE and how many creds the corp has, you know what ICE can be rezzed. If you count influence points, you can eliminate lots of possible ICE. This is why only nubs need to expose ICE with Snitch and such. The #1 way to get good at running is to learn the cards so well you don't ever need to expose anything. Then your deck is full of deadly weapons and not crap like infiltration.
  • But that's only for hardcore peoples. I was playing with Snitch, but after several plays I'm slowly but surely memorizing all the Ice costs. The influence points are something on a whole other level.

It's smart game play, but something that I'm currently not devoting myself at the moment.